Thu, Sep 19, 3:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Missing Recent Renders

EpiEndless ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 11:40 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:19 PM

Poser 11.2.296

Ever since the last update, I've noticed that after restarting Poser, the Recent Render panel is often missing a previous render which I had completed in the previous session. Usually one that I wanted to go back to in order to copy-paste it.

Never had this trouble before. Anyone else spotted this?

I'm also using the Advanced Render Settings tool - but have not spotted whether this is or is not related to the missing renders.

On a side-note, I've noticed Poser sometimes doesn't shut down cleanly. When I try to close it, my scene closes but the program does not. I have to use Task manager to kill the process. But this isn't unique to the last release.

Thanks, Epi

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 12:32 PM

Have you checked your number of render caches in Preferences to see if you've exceeded your maximum number of render saves?

Nails60 ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 3:47 PM

This bug was fixed in later builds of poser 11.2. I'm on 11.2.307 which cured this, not sure what latest build is as I haven't felt the need to download it.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 3:49 PM

Nails60 posted at 9:49PM Tue, 24 December 2019 - #4374345

This bug was fixed in later builds of poser 11.2. I'm on 11.2.307 which cured this, not sure what latest build is as I haven't felt the need to download it.

That may have been fixed but the "I'm going to restore the renders you deleted" bug hasn't.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EpiEndless ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 4:35 PM

Thanks for the replies. There's a later build? Interesting, Poser assures me I'm up to date. :-)

To be clear, it's recent renders that are missing, not ones that dropped off the bottom of the list.

Epi

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2019 at 1:12 AM

I'm running on 11.2.272 and I wish I had updated to the latest stable build, I just lost an 8 hr render that I was going to save on re-open but it's freaking gone from my recent renders.

ypvs ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2019 at 5:45 PM · edited Wed, 25 December 2019 at 5:50 PM

The render files are still in AppData-Roaming- Poser Pro- 11-Render cache but not in a format you can use in most graphics apps. Its been a month or two since I updated to get rid of this bug and can't remember if they all reappeared or if it repopulated. Might be worth a try to back up these and your other settings, update and replace if they've gone. I'm on 11.2.307 for Windows but there is a newer version.

Check here- no version numbers only dates

https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2019 at 8:59 PM

Update, I grabbed 11.2.319 and after installing it, my render that vanished is back! 😁

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 2:17 AM

??????

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 11:20 AM

ypvs posted at 12:17PM Fri, 27 December 2019 - #4374470

The render files are still in AppData-Roaming- Poser Pro- 11-Render cache but not in a format you can use in most graphics apps. ...

They are OpenEXR files, and can be opened with irfanView, which is very handy image viewer/manipulation/conversion tool. Free here or at the Windows App Store...

https://www.irfanview.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

ypvs ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 5:30 PM · edited Fri, 27 December 2019 at 5:30 PM

WandW posted at 11:29PM Fri, 27 December 2019 - #4374693

ypvs posted at 12:17PM Fri, 27 December 2019 - #4374470

The render files are still in AppData-Roaming- Poser Pro- 11-Render cache but not in a format you can use in most graphics apps. ...

They are OpenEXR files, and can be opened with irfanView, which is very handy image viewer/manipulation/conversion tool. Free here or at the Windows App Store...

https://www.irfanview.com/

Free, oh yeah, I like free :)

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

an0malaus ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 5:31 PM

Just for clarity, the render cache size never prevents new renders being saved, it deletes the oldest ones to maintain the selected limit. When the render cache bug was active, the routine which scanned the cache directory mistakenly incremented twice, resulting in only every second render appearing in the Recent Renders window. The files were all still in the directory, but the display routine failed to correctly display them. With a more recent version of Poser installed, that bug has been fixed.

The OpenEXR full renders can be displayed, but area renders cannot (outside of Poser, that is), since they are not in a documented file format. Poser itself can display area renders composited with a previous full render, but cannot then export them in OpenEXR format, for reasons yet to be revealed.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.