Sun, Oct 6, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Is 11.2 the current version? My updater says there's a newer one.

willshetterly ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 11:28 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:29 AM

I'm on a Mac. I just started Poser, and it said there's a new version, but when I go to the page for updates, I only see 11.2.

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 11:46 AM

There are different builds to 11.2, I don't know about Mac versions but the latest build I have on windows is 307. Your start up flash screen shows the build number

willshetterly ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 12:36 PM

Ah! Thanks! I have 11.2.272.

I wish there was another way to check that besides restarting the program.

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 1:25 PM

Yes, the basic problem is that we no longer have public changelogs being posted.

My Poser says 11.2.271, and when I when I "Check Now" for updates, I'm told there is one. At the page the 11.2 installer has a date of 10th Nov 2019. However, without changelogs to tell me what's changed / removed / added / fixed, I'm wary of updating.

If I could see a concise list of what's changed, I'd be far more likely to think: "ok that's worth the hassle of downloading 1.2Gb again and re-installing". Or: "no, that's not worth the hassle, I'll wait to the next bigger update".

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

willshetterly ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2019 at 4:12 PM

Complete agreement. Giving us that information should be the industry standard. We know that some updates are done to address issues that we may not have.

shonsu ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2019 at 12:14 PM

It's not really an update either when the download reinstalls everything all over again, therefore It would be nice to have some clarification on whether the download really is an update to the program rather than a complete reinstall.

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 14 November 2019 at 7:55 PM

Not only should there be an ongoing change log posted to the download page, it would be nice if the last 3 digits of the version number were indicated on the download file...it is the industry standard to do these things...as it stands the way the updates are handled is "amateurish."

uncle808us ( ) posted Sat, 21 December 2019 at 6:50 PM

Where are we now I have 11.2.272 MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6 is there a newer update that fixes the Poser not hiding when switching to another app? I have searched for any updates but only got confused.

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2019 at 4:53 AM

I did the original update as was required but I use Poser on an almost daily basis so once I have a working installation I tend to hold tight. My whole life I have tended to stick with the maxim the 'if it ain't broke don't try and fix it'. The next time I will update is when I find a problem or when I see some indication of a change that will be beneficial to me and the way I use Poser. The only other update that I might do is Poser 12, or whatever the new release is called, when available. Even then I probably will not be an early adopter thus allowing others to do the testing and bug fix before I upgrade.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Azath ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 8:04 PM · edited Sat, 28 December 2019 at 8:09 PM

A new version has just been released, are there any important changes? Is there any information ( Change Log ) would be Important to know as it is a full Installer ! This seems to be handled very Un-Professional. If Changes are handled the way it is released then it might put a Personal Computer at risk!

Install Poser 11.exe 1.3 GB 12-27-2019 10:12 am

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2019 at 9:23 PM · edited Sat, 28 December 2019 at 9:24 PM

Yes, I just saw there's a new downloaded dated 12/27/19 (yesterday). I'll download it, but I'm not sure whether I'll install it. My 11.2.296 is working just fine, thank you very much.

I'd also like to see a Change Log, especially since it's been quite a while since the last update. Several changes within a week or two . . . probably not major updates, but the last time I downloaded an update was 11/27/19, a month earlier, so I have to assume there were some major updates done in that time. It would really be nice to know what has been updated/fixed since last month.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2019 at 7:54 AM · edited Sun, 29 December 2019 at 7:56 AM

The new version (11.2.326) contains the L'Homme Lite morph for La Femme Lite. Haven't noticed any other changes.

Azath ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2019 at 9:08 AM

Seriously, you do not mean what you just said, are you !!! this is a bad joke ! why would the Programmer add one Morph into the library, forcing users to make a complete reinstall of Poser ??

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2019 at 9:56 AM

Maybe there were some other bugs fixed, I don't know.

uncle808us ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2020 at 6:50 AM

Who can or will tell us this information??? I wish they'd fix the issue with Poser not hiding when you open another app. _Even the cheapest app for Mac will do this but Poser will not! _ ** PITA!**

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6

structure ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2020 at 7:43 AM
Forum Coordinator

nobody is forcing you to update, you update when you feel it is necessary

Locked Out

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.