Fri, Sep 20, 11:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Thumbnails are tiny in Poser 11.2 ?

jessieb ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 9:31 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

So I finally updated my poser. The thumbnails in the library are so tiny. I can't see what anything is. I tried finding a way to make them bigger but I couldn't. I should mention that I have never actually used poser 11 despite having bought it a couple of years ago. I'm used to the poser 6 setup. I loved the large thumbnails it had. Is there a way to enlarge the thumbnails other than making my own? I'm thinking bondware took the name "thumbnail" quite literally!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 9:57 AM

It wasn't Bondware so don't speculate. The current Poser Library is a hold-over from previous Poser iterations and there is a solution. The screencap below shows you where to click to reveal the settings necessary to change thumbnail size.

image.png

jessieb ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 10:44 AM

Thank You! I really appreciate the screenshots, made it easy for me to understand. Now i need to install the several gigs of awesome content that came with it :)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 11:18 AM

Good luck. Be mindful to install your assets into the shared runtime folder and not the primary Poser runtime if you are running Windows. Poser 6 needed to have the content installed into the primary folder but, now, with the current version of Windows and Poser, the Program Files folder is off-limits with the exception of scripts. My recommendation is to create several content runtimes to organize what you have and link them to Poser for easier access.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 1:40 PM

This is exactly why I don't install the "software" in Program Files since I gave up on my old WinXP Pro laptop years ago. IIRC, that was the last version of Windows that allowed content to be in the same location as the software itself without issues.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

structure ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 4:14 PM
Forum Coordinator

you could still have the runtime in program files if you so desired, you would just have to launch poser as an elevated program ( as administrator ) to do so; tho' It is safer not to do that.

Locked Out

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2020 at 7:26 PM · edited Fri, 03 January 2020 at 7:27 PM

True, but I try not to have to run things as administrator, so I prefer to install software outside of Program Files.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

AmethystPendant ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 8:57 AM

Running Poser as Administrator is a real security threat as python scripts can be run from poses, figures etc without the user being aware

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2020 at 3:57 PM

Wow thanks! This really helped me!

Nod ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 5:26 PM

Ta for that. I was wondering what had happened! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.