Wed, Sep 25, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Newbie File Size (Bitmap) Question

Marigold ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 1:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

Hello! In general, does the quality of the render (premium vs normal, etc) affect the size of the final file if exported as a JPG, (or possibly a lossless bitmap?)

graphicnovel ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 2:25 AM

not that I know of... only the quality and rendertime.... what really affects size is the size of the image and the dpi.... my two cents worth of ....

Wadus ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 5:31 PM

I've never exported out of Bryce as a jpg but I heard it does a cruddy job. I would just save as a bmp then use a graphics program like Photoshop or PSP to convert it to jpg so you have control over the quality.

Marigold ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 5:45 PM

Thanks to both of you for the info. I've found so far that exporting to PSD and converting it to PNG or whatever from there works pretty well. I'm reading the FM now, but it's slow going and it's sometimes difficult to locate the "little trivia" that you can find online. :)

mlofrano ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2001 at 5:14 PM

The quality of the render does not affect the file size. As to the questions of JPG quality. A JPg can look just as good as a bitmap(to the naked eye. It all depends on the range of colors in the image and the subtle gradations of each. If you have an image where you don't need to capture suble gradations a jpg will be great. I should say that most images do not need the full quality of a bitmap to look just fine. Experiment and see.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.