Thu, Oct 3, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: How to create a Poser video Tutorial???

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2020 at 8:19 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 9:05 PM

I've been asked several times to create video tutorials for Poser. I've used several tools as well as the game recorder in Win 10. None of them will record the document window, library or cursor. Obviously there is a way, I've seen many tutorials showing the full interface. I don't need to do a webinar (that was a total bust about 4 years ago) ... so I'm just looking to record the video at this point. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to do a video on Comic style rendering and one on the cloth room ...

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2020 at 10:33 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi Boni Open Broadcaster Software which is free lets you do and record screen cast, Another free option is camstudio, Ashampoo Snap Studio currently $25.00 also lets you do screen casting recordings and another donation ware that is trust worthy is Screenshot Captor you only have to pay for it if you want to donate to the creator my first choice would the Open Broadcaster Software it is used by many tutorial creators on YouTube and udemy hope these help

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2020 at 9:19 AM

As much as I respect and like the feel of OBS, it will not record the document window or any pop up windows. This was my initial issue when start on this quest 4 years ago. There are some odd criteria on these programs. Does anyone know any that doesn't have this issue?

Boni

lupus ( ) posted Tue, 14 January 2020 at 10:10 AM

Hi! If you have a Nvidia card then you can use "shadowplay", it will record anything you do on screen + mic.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 16 January 2020 at 6:21 AM

Alas, I have an AMD.

Boni

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 1:17 PM

Hey there, Boni. Funny you should mention that you are doing a tutorial on Comic Style Rendering. I'm actually teaching a Webinar on that this upcoming weekend (Sun. Feb. 16, 2020). I just made a promo video for it using OBS (you can see it here if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpiStbw3sS0&t=4s ). I used OBS to record Poser and Clip Studio Paint and I was able to record all the pop-up windows (Library, Hierarchy Editor, etc.) Now, none of those windows appear in the aforementioned video (they got cut due to length), but I did record them and saw them in my video editing software (Pinnacle Studio 20). I did about a 15-minute work session and trimmed it down to about a 90-second highlight of stuff we'll cover in the class.

Questions: When was the last time you tried OBS? Maybe they fixed the issue since then? If you tried it recently, then I think the problem you had might have come from you setting up the initial video capture to the application rather than the entire screen/monitor (I have had that issue with other software).

If you are interested in giving OBS another shot, I'll be happy to look at my settings and share them with you. Drop me a Sitemail if you would like me to do that, or to share a sample of the video that shows the pop-up/floating panels.

Mike

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 3:10 PM

This was about 4 years ago. I was pretty aggravated ... Rendo had asked me to do this. I let them down. The support folk at OBS were very nice and said that my issue couldn't be fixed at the time. I will be happy to try it again. I'm stone broke for this kind of thing ... so is Pinnacle Studio 20 open source and if not could you recommend a video editing software that is? Thank you for your offer, I most likely will take you up on it if this works out.

Boni

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 3:44 PM

I used OBS last week, and it was great. The only trouble I had was selecting the correct microphone, and I got that sorted out in about 30 min. Give it a try.

Pinnacle Studio is not free, but I think I can recommend a good open source editor when I get home this evening.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 10:12 AM

I have heard good things about these open source video editors:

KDenlive: OpenShot

Now, I have never used either of these (as I said, I use a paid-for program called Pinnacle Studio 20), but I think either of those would suit your needs (and your budget).

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.