Sat, Sep 7, 8:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 06 5:43 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: I encountered some strangeness when downloading new files

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 8:45 PM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 6:48 PM

First, it took 4 tries to get a fully downloaded Poser Pro 11 file. It kept telling me it "failed". I finally was able to download it fully after waiting a few minutes, and refreshing my browser.

Then I was able to successfully download the Poser Support file, but after trying a few times, it still kept telling me there was a possible problem with the file. Here are 2 screenshots of what I saw.

First I saw this:

PoserSupportDownload-1.jpg

Then when I clicked on the "i", I saw the following:

PoserSupportDownload.jpg

Needless to say, I'm not used to seeing anything like that except from Norton. Seeing it in my browser at the Poser Software site was totally unexpected. I always scan with Norton, as well as Spybot Search & Destroy, so I'll see if Norton gives me a similar notice. I usually only get that sort of warning when I've downloaded something brand new on a site, and Norton hasn't scanned it for a lot of folks who have downloaded it already. Very strange since we've been downloading the Poser Support file for a long time now, so why I'm seeing this sort of message has me scratch my head.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 9:16 PM

OK, I just tried to download the Poser Support file again, and it's still giving me the same possible error message. In fact, when I look in the folder where I downloaded the files to, there are 2 files, the "final" file, which has 0 KB for its size, ad a "PART" file, which is what I see when a file is taking a while to download. It disappears when the download has been completed. That file has over 300 MB in size, and just for the heck of it, I scanned both files with Norton and Spybot Search & Destroy, and both reported they were clean.

The problem is, I can't use the PART file, as I don't know if it's truly complete, so installing the 11.3 update will have to wait. Anyone have any suggestions?

Butterfly Dezignz

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 9:16 PM

It could be a corrupt file. Try downloading again. I had no problems with either file in downloading and installing but I may have caught the site at a slow peak.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 9:20 PM

300 mb sounds about right for the Support file. Sounds like d/l issues.

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 9:33 PM · edited Mon, 30 March 2020 at 9:34 PM
Forum Moderator

This is all about you web browser trying to be helpful. Too helpful. Click the Open button and then send Firefox a thank you note for the unwanted help and ask them so stop trying to be helpful.

The PART file is an incomplete download. Delete the PART file and re-download.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 9:37 PM

OK, I've tried that a few times, but will clear the cache and shut down for a few minutes to try again.

It's just strange that Firefox has never done that before.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 10:07 PM

OK, success, finally. However, not with Firefox, as it still had the same issue, so I booted up Opera, and it downloaded completely. Strange, as this isn't the first time I've downloaded these files with Firefox, and I don't recall the current version being that new that it changed something in how it works with downloads. Oh well, live and learn.

Butterfly Dezignz

DocPhoton ( ) posted Mon, 30 March 2020 at 11:16 PM

Nah, ya just Rt Click to give permission. Never saw that before either.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 2:15 AM

What Ms B, said, I'm confirming. I stopped downloading the files as it was getting late and I was sleepy. I will do again later on today.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 7:53 AM

I am running Windows 10 and use Google Chrome and have F-Secure looking after my downloads as that is what my broadband supplier recommends. On the installs for 11.3 and the support installation F-Secure trapped both with a warning they were unknown and could damage the system. Clicking on trust this download let them install without further issue.

I also note in another thread that it takes a while for the update to propagate through the Amazon servers so those of us that downloaded very early on may not have downloaded the same upgrade package.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

-Wolfie- ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 11:31 AM · edited Tue, 31 March 2020 at 12:28 PM
Online Now!

I ran into issues downloading, in Chrome, and installing the 11.3 update. My AVG went bat shit crazy . every . single . time . with an odd scanner I had never seen before.

However, it did finish the scan with no issues found.

~W

Helping everyone is the most rewarding failure you'll ever experience.
    - Ray Augé (~Wolfie~'s hubby)

Anything is more stable than Windows . . .
--- Even a relationship based purely on sex!

- Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

No meat was harmed during the making of this TV dinner.
    - Pam Augé (~Wolfie~)

PandaB5 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 12:16 PM

Firefox did that to me too - All you have to do is click on OPEN - and it then renames the file correctly and then runs it. It seems to be a new Firefox feature - this is the first time I've seen that.

By the way - Norton - told me the files were safe - because it checked them as well before they're allowed to run.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 2:20 PM

PandaB5 posted at 3:16PM Tue, 31 March 2020 - #4384990

Firefox did that to me too - All you have to do is click on OPEN - and it then renames the file correctly and then runs it. It seems to be a new Firefox feature - this is the first time I've seen that.

By the way - Norton - told me the files were safe - because it checked them as well before they're allowed to run.

EXACTLY!! I, too, was thinking Mozilla added something new to the latest version of Firefox that caused this to happen. Thankfully, I've always had a second browser available . . . just in case.

My concern was the whole Poser Support file hadn't downloaded completely, so clicking on OPEN might not have given me the full content of the file.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 2:21 PM

Miss B posted at 3:20PM Tue, 31 March 2020 - #4385003

PandaB5 posted at 3:16PM Tue, 31 March 2020 - #4384990

EXACTLY!! I, too, was thinking Mozilla added something new to the latest version of Firefox that caused this to happen. Thankfully, I've always had a second browser available ... just in case.

My concern was the whole Poser Support file hadn't downloaded completely, so clicking on OPEN might not have given me the full content of the file.

Butterfly Dezignz

McGrandpa ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2020 at 12:29 PM

Other than downloads from Rendo and DAZ running slow (670 kbytes per sec vs 2.5 megabytes per sec normal) I ran into no issues downloading the files. There was a normal disruption of transfer that caused FF 53.3 to abort that transfer. I tried it again with no other files being transferred at the same time and it dl'd fine. That was the 1.4 gb file.

I use Win 7 Pro 64bit on an old Intel Q9550 quadcore with 8 gigs DDR2 I built in 2008. I have several browsers installed, I like using Firefox 53.3 best. I use that older version because all later than that are pure CHROME-FOX and that stinks. I'd rather use IE 11 than that. Opera is also installed. Now to go install that li'l goober!

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 1:23 AM

Microsoft edge gives the same problem as firefox. even if disable anitvirus have had to try over 20 times to download

Dive into Fantasy and Ride the Waves

I have many scenes in my head, but non of those are on paper.
I have yet to learn to bring those to life.
The ones that I give life, are not those I see

consumer573 ( ) posted Fri, 04 September 2020 at 3:11 PM

I need to download this to one machine then transfer to a graphics standalone.

Will it accept my Serial number from PoserPro 2014? Or game Developer? Or an early version of Poser 11 that I paid $189 to purchase as an early adopter?

How does that work?

I need to download this to one machine then transfer to a graphics standalone.

Will it accept my Serial number from PoserPro 2014? Or game Developer? Or an early version of Poser 11 that I paid $189 to purchase as an early adopter?

How does that work?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.