Thu, Oct 3, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Will installing Poser 11.3 wipe out "My Favorites" folders?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 12:26 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:19 PM

As it says in the subject: I'm wondering if I need to manually back-up and save "My Favorites" before updating to Poser 11.3?

(And please, I do NOT WANT TO HEAR from people who just want to chime in their two cents about how I should always back up everything before upgrading, blah blah blah. If you do not know the answer to my question, DO NOT RESPOND.)

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Nails60 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 6:05 AM

I've installed 11.3 and my favourites were not affected

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 7:38 AM

Same here. The re-installation will not affect any manual content installs or favorites you have done yourself.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 12:51 PM

Nails60 posted at 12:51PM Tue, 31 March 2020 - #4384949

I've installed 11.3 and my favourites were not affected

hborre posted at 12:51PM Tue, 31 March 2020 - #4384952

Same here. The re-installation will not affect any manual content installs or favorites you have done yourself.

Thank you both very much!

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 4:12 PM · edited Tue, 31 March 2020 at 4:14 PM
Forum Moderator

The "favorites" is a special runtime that's just "shortcuts" to stuff elsewhere in your runtime collections. The "Favorites" really lives in (where ever you installed your Libraries) / Runtime / Libraries / Collections /

Yeah it's called "Collections" in the file system. If you deleted that whole runtime it would remove the favorites. If you backup your runtimes that folder would be included.

Favorites can get messed up if you rearrange the runtimes. Either by moving folders or installing in a different folder.

I think that's every thing you never wanted to know about Poser's favorites.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.