Sun, Oct 6, 6:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: HeadShop Musings: Convert Any Character

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2020 at 3:25 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:43 AM

Last year I think it was, some wag posted an April Fools thread about an amazing new program that converted characters from any figure to any other using amazing algorithms. I have a Mac, so I can't run HeadShop for La Femme, but I did but HeadShop 11 for Mac, which converts a photo to a morph for G2, G3, or G8. It works well giving me a starting point morph, accomplishing the hard work of properly spacing and sizing the eyes, nose, and mouth and face width, IF you use a quarter view instead of a direct frontal view. Working in Poser with G2F's head and body morphs, and I can get a pretty darned good likeness. There are many small details to a face that you need to add yourself, such as depth of a cheek crease or the set of the jaw.

I assume the La Femme product works the same. What I discovered is that HeadShop processes images of 3D character sets even more smoothly than real faces, maybe because the promo pictures are clean, and face geometry is probably on average less complex than many real faces. Some people want to use G3 or G8 characters in Poser, and with Headshop and follow-up work in Poser with head and body morphs, you can.

I generally don't find G3F and G8F characters all that attractive, mainly because of what I call the G3 nose. It looks like a trianfgular object fastened to the face, with a linear bridge that few character makers modify much at all. I can usually detect G3F or G8F just from the nose in a render. That said, Krashwerk has a selection of fairly appealing G8F characters here at Rendo's marketplace, so I decided to Headshop Elsie.

It worked pretty darned well. I used the MAT for a native G2F character, and voila! So, if you have a favorite character for V4 or someone else, give it a try! No April Fooling!

Convert Elsie G8F 1.jpg

Original and G2F.jpg

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 12:20 AM

Pretty impressive!

Gallery

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 06 April 2020 at 5:01 AM

I converted Vex's Amelia for Dawn, available in the Rendo market place. It is DS only, but I exported it and converted it to Poser native. Why convert a Dawn figure to G2F with HeadShop? There is a huge advantage in available clothing of all genres.

Amelia for Dawn.jpg

Amelia G2F.jpg

Can anybody post a HeadShop example for La Femme?

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2020 at 4:22 PM

Thanks! You can upgrade to FREE HeadShop 12.5 with both LaFemme and l'Homme.

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2020 at 6:29 PM

AbaloneLLC posted at 7:28PM Mon, 20 April 2020 - #4386806

Thanks! You can upgrade to FREE HeadShop 12.5 with both LaFemme and l'Homme.

When you put out a Mac version I can....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.