Sat, Sep 7, 8:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 7:13 am)

Subject: what causes this?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 2:46 PM · edited Sun, 25 August 2024 at 1:15 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

And how can I fix it? I made this cabinet and UV mapped it. When I started adding texture in poser, I saw this.

preview.png

This is the firefly render.

firefly.png

It probably doesn't matter much because it renders right, but it does prevent useing a preview render. Especially with as big of an area. What cases it and how do I fix it, or at least keep it from happening again?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:03 PM

The preview often maps textures wrong, even in a simple setup without fancy shaders. As long as the Firefly is right, there's probably nothing wrong with your model.

I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Nice hinges, BTW.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:19 PM · edited Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:19 PM

If an image map is tiled, scaled, or has U or V offset, it won't preview correctly unless the preview render settings have hardware shading enabled.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:20 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:21 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

No, the map isn't scaled or offset. It's just an image map plugged into the diffuse node for now

caisson ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 4:02 PM

What does the UV map look like - does it have some padding around the UV islands?

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 5:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Base.jpg

Here's the template. The offending face is part of the first rectangle that is divided in 2 in the top row.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2020 at 12:26 AM

Perhaps there is a double sided item protruding through the surface from the back. Maddening as it can be in preview mode, I agree that it is not a significant issue if it renders out correctly. Perhaps try to Force Hide Backfacing Polygons in the paramter dial tab ??

Eternal Hobbyist

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2020 at 2:40 AM

It looks like your image is being tiled - you can try to change the settings to alpha or clamped or None (where you plug in the texture - under image mapped.)

But a way to mask it is to make the background of your texture the same wood colour - so it picks up wood colour and not white.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2020 at 3:38 PM

This is why I always add about 15px around each island for bleeding when using the UV map to create textures. That said, I also make sure there's enough room around each island so that the extra pixel size of the texture doesn't intersect with any of the other islands.

Whether or not this would help you in this instance, I don't know. You'd have to try it out for yourself.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.