Mon, Oct 7, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 6:45 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: What Does the 21 April 11.3 Update Change?

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2020 at 5:55 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:24 AM

The release notes are for 11.3 itself. What improvements in this update warrant installation of a new build?

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2020 at 6:06 PM

Anyone?

donnena ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 11:18 AM

i can now successfully render a 3000 x image. I could not before the update, but I don't know if that was intentional or not!

;>

Andy!

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 4:18 PM

There's an icon on material files to indicate they're material files - which is helpful when you do a search so you know what's a prop and what's a material file (except for the content where people put the materials in the Pose folder so it would work in Daz...)

They changed the search feature to apparently be narrower - or so they say. I'm not sure there's really an improvement there - it still needs work. I'm still being frustrated by the auto-complete, completing it to a product I didn't want. They seem to have left more things in folders instead of opening the folders.

I've had more interface issues than before - odd things popping up - like opening Poser and there's a morph window - or working in it and my display switches to something funny.

They put L'Homme in - he has no clothes and no hair ...

I have not used / noticed any other features - well the problem is, I notice things when I need them and then I don't know if they've always been there or it's something new, because until I need them, they're invisible to me anyway.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 7:10 PM

Thank you, folks. I think I'll skip it!

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 8:13 PM

donnena posted at 2:09AM Mon, 27 April 2020 - #4387436

i can now successfully render a 3000 x image. I could not before the update, but I don't know if that was intentional or not!

I have often rendered scenes that are 7016 X 2480 without any issues so I am not sure there is a fix included.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

tim ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2020 at 5:25 AM
Site Admin

The latest production build is 11.3.816. There have been a few minor updates since 11.3.740 including fixes for Queue Manager cross platform rendering and fixes for certain content creator tools. If you haven't encountered problems in those areas, there's probably no rush to upgrade.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2020 at 5:46 AM · edited Mon, 27 April 2020 at 5:46 AM

tim posted at 6:44AM Mon, 27 April 2020 - #4387517

The latest production build is 11.3.816. There have been a few minor updates since 11.3.740 including fixes for Queue Manager cross platform rendering and fixes for certain content creator tools. If you haven't encountered problems in those areas, there's probably no rush to upgrade.

Hi Tim

What fixes to which content creator's tools? Is there a listing somewhere?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

PandaB5 ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2020 at 6:19 AM · edited Mon, 27 April 2020 at 6:20 AM

Oh, and by the way 11.3.740 changed all the Superfly render settings presets and / or renamed them - that was a bad change.

The default Superfly preset now when you open Poser isn't saved - it's not what the "default" is - and the presets as they previously were - are completely lost unless you had saved them yourself. If you want the default back after applying another preset - you have to go save that yourself (or close Poser and start a new scene.)

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2020 at 12:54 AM

and now update of the 26th?

Karth ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2020 at 7:03 AM
Online Now!

I am back to 11.2. 11.3 will not save the objectfile when i save a cr2. It is not refreshing files that i change with an editor. Have to restart the pc everytime. So i will wait for 11.14 ;-)

McGrandpa ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2020 at 4:52 PM

Hi folks, I dropped in to see about reporting a bug with PP 11.3.740 (PC, Win7 Pro 64). And find posts about a new update. Dunno if it will change anything for me, but the problem I have is PP 11.3 crashes while exiting (closing program), every time. But only when exiting. It does fine I think while in use, even loaded to the gills with items or empty sitting idle waiting patiently for me to do something with it. PP 11.3 has not crashed at any other time than on exit. Its why I took so long to look at reporting this bug or glitch. Will get this new update installed this weekend. 😄

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2020 at 9:32 PM

Guess I didn't rate a response of any kind.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

PandaB5 ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2020 at 3:10 AM

@EldritchCellar - it was mentioned in a different thread - something about morphs that were broken. It's not personal - it's that Renderosity's forum software is broken - they don't send you follow up notices that people have replied - so those that have posted here, simply don't know there are more posts unless they happen to browse the forums and notice by accident.

I've installed 11.3.816 - I've not noticed any difference - since I didn't have the morphs problem. It does crash every time I try to add a group to a bone in the setup room - I don't know if I'm doing something wrong - most likely - but even so it should give me an error message, not crash every time.

In general I've found 11.3 to be less stable and more prone to crashing - .816 does not fix this.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2020 at 9:33 AM

Thanks for the response PandaB5.

I haven't noticed any problems with morphs. I've been morphing both V4 and La Femme extensively in Mudbox, Wings, and Blender. if anything Poser's import/export and morph management behaviors are the best I've seen them across the board (of course the last version I left off at was 8).

I haven't started rigging anything, just a little joint editing. If Poser is crashing in that function that's very alarming. I've only had maybe 1 crash in the past couple months since I've started using 11.3 and that was during a long render cancel, which is typical behavior going back to Poser 7 or earlier.

I will note that I've never once had a crash in Poser (in any version) while attaching a bone to a group, so very peculiar.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.