Mon, Oct 7, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 6:45 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Still problems with build 11.3.740.

artdreamer ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2020 at 7:41 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 6:30 AM

I have not yet installed the latest update 11.3.816 from Poser. Now I still struggle now and then with the previous update number to 11.3.740

Yesterday I searched for a Pose and found that the "Universal Poses" folder only contained the directories, but there was no more content in those folders. So I had to search again in the copy I made on my external disk of version 11.2.

Is 11.3.816 a real improvement?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2020 at 8:23 AM

My Universal Poses folder is appropriately populated. I must ask, how did you install your content and, importantly, to where? This is assuming that you installed all the extra common and legacy files. To answer your question, there are some minor corrections to the newest build but, as addressed in another post, updating is not necessary.

artdreamer ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2020 at 8:39 AM

I put the update over the previous version 11.2 and as far as I know I then installed everything. During the installation I placed a dot in 'Use existing preference files'. But I have lost a lot of things, a lot of .obz files anyway. But if the new version 11.3.816 doesn't really add anything, I'm not going to install it.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2020 at 2:46 PM
Forum Moderator

To answer the first question this release addresses a serious bug introduced in the previous release. Morph mirroring was broken. That was fall out from fixing pose symmetry to work better with figures that have extra parts in 11.2. That of course was fallout from LaFemme and L'Homme having extra parts.

As for missing content. There was no content changes between these releases so no, it won't change that. Still, please backup your runtimes. You'll sleep better.

PandaB5 ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2020 at 1:08 PM

The search is somewhat broken in 11.3.740 - in their attempt to fix it they changed it - but they didn't take into consideration that a whole lot of our content are materials in Pose folders (from when stuff had to work in Daz and Poser) and so have the pose extension. Now when you search those folders are shown closed and their content doesn't appear.

Secondly there's a little (i) to indicate that it is still busy indexing and it can pop up quite often. When Poser is doing that - the search won't work and you have to wait until it is finished.

I've had a lot of problems installing 11.3.816 It took a long time from clicking the setup before it started running - minutes. It hung when it was finished and I had to end task it - at that point it popped up the message to say the installation was finished. Then when running it Norton blocked it writing the default scene and I had to tell Norton to allow it through. Now that has not happened before, but this is a new feature that Norton introduced that is giving me problems all over the place - so would be a Norton issue rather than a Poser issue.

But I have had issues with .740 - and Poser crashing and setting up materials not working - so I installed .816 in the hope that it will work better - but if nothing much other than the morph mirroring were fixed, then I guess Poser is going to keep crashing.

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

Richardphotos ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2020 at 11:45 PM

I uninstalled Poser11.3 to re-install the newest build and I got a popup from Norton that the Poser.exe was trying to change a protected data file

20200429_223438.jpg

if the jpeg does not show, I can email it

Richardphotos ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2020 at 11:46 PM

what should I do. norton did not show an option to allow

PandaB5 ( ) posted Thu, 30 April 2020 at 2:49 AM · edited Thu, 30 April 2020 at 2:50 AM

That is the message I also got. Just click on "exclude process".

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 05 May 2020 at 8:43 PM

thanks for your valuable reply . always nice when replies are friendly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.