Tue, Oct 22, 12:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Supermodel Vickie joins the Army...

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 1:28 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:42 AM

file_224130.jpg

Roman Army that is, and as you can see, she gives new meaning to the term "breastplate"! She has only been in a week, but she is already learning how to soldier, her job today is to hold up this column. This was originaly supposed to be part of my halloween costume set, along with the French maid costume and another item, it probably will not make it in time, story of my life. The other item is sort of related, anyway, so at least those two can be combined, the maid is going to gave to fend for herself, I think. This actually got started as the shoes, which came out so nice I had to do the rest to match.

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 1:57 PM

SMY is very expensive :( 90$, 85$ for starter kit.... Sorry to much for me. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

TJ ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 2:09 PM

I was lucky enough to pick up smmv when she was on sale here :) More money to spend on these great clothes , but if you keep it up I know Ill go broke , since I got her I dont even load v2 anymore. I love these clothes!

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 2:09 PM

I knew it, I always knew it : i was in the wrong army!!! Jim , a question to you: If i use viccy 2 with some highheels and i bend the feet so that they hit the hh and i apply a pose the feet are set to something how they are for this pose(sorry my bad english) is there a solution that keeps them fit in the position for the hh?and dont turn back

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 2:12 PM

TJ youre right, the clothes are worth buying smv or smmv

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 2:33 PM

Beautiful textures and an awesome costume! Shame I don't have SMV or SMMV at the moment ;). If I can fit some of this stuff to Supermodel Dina (that's if you continue with her of course), I see some new clothes in my future...LOL. Laurie

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 2:36 PM

Only way I know is to rebend the foot after the Pose, of course if the pose was then saved it would work right the next time. That is the main reason SMV and SMMV have high-heel feet, I spent hours doing a walk cycle for the Posette in heels, I thought there has to be a better way! Mazak - TJ's right, SMMV is pretty reasonable, I think... I don't think she is going to go back on sale in the near future, though, but I do want to add a nice texture to the package, and upgrades are always free.

thgeisel ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 2:53 PM

the smmv for viccy2 has hh-feet??did i miss something?

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 3:08 PM

Oh yes see yor SMMV. SMMV is only the morph? No Hair, no shoes ? I have your SanFransisco hair fit it SMMV ? What shoes fit ? Standard Vicky shoes ? A lot questions :) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Viomar ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 5:27 PM

Oh! LALA!! GIME! GIME! GIME!! Ok! Settle down Boy!! That's better! :-) Splendid Outfit Mr. Burton!! So, what's the other outfit that goes with it??? Mazak, SMV is the Original Supermdoel(Which has it's own .OBJ, derived from vicky) And SSMV is just VICKY with Morphs applied to approximate his original SMV... Make any sense?? The advantage i think of SSMV, is that since she's using morphs, you have a better chance of fitting regular clothes on her(Here's the part where i'm taking an educated guess). As for SMV, fitting regular Vicky clothes is a bit more work! Since her Joint Parameters(Centers, Bend Zones) are different then Vicky... But, with lots of Mags & A Big Pot of Coffee, i have almost all of Vicky's clothes now fitting SMV!! Now, if i can just get the courage to do the reverse... Marco

Xena ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 6:19 PM

Jim, this is AWEOSME! My credit card is gonna love you once you release all this stuff :)

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 8:51 PM

shes doing a good job!

chromecafe ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 4:42 AM

Nice work Jim so whats the polycount like on that skirt? also what do you use to model max?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 10:23 AM

The polycount is getting up there for me, as I'm always pretty careful when I model, (in Max) but I think the skirt and brestplate is at about 9,000 polys. At one time I was thinking about putting little bas-reliefs on the brestplate, Ceasar armor style, that would have really killed it. Anyway, here is the SMMV shoe story: The current SMV, new about a month ago, has two CR2's and a collection of loose morphs. The original CR2, or if you add the loose morphs to Vickie II will have flat feet, and can waer Vickie's shoe (including my Nite-life heels at DAZ, but you still have to bend the feet down). The other CR2 has (called Mk 1a) has high heel feet, and wears SMV's shoes. Both of them wear SMV's clothing, but getting regular Vickie clothing to fit is going to be a problem, if Marco is doing it he is better at it then I am! The San Francisco hair should fit all of them, it's default fit is for SMV, incidently! Incidently, plans are that Supermodel Dina will also wear SMV's clothing, perhaps applying a scaling pose after you conform them, as SMD is going to be a little different in shape, a little more chesty and a little shorter, I think. Oh, the other outfit, sort of a sexy toga, I'm really impressed with the one the DAZ faerie (? the one on the calendar a couple of months ago)has.

Viomar ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 5:30 PM

Jim! Don't think for one minute that i'm better at it then you! It just happen that my little Sister started to bug me about making all our clothes for vicky fit SMV... So, i'm doing it against my better judgment... LOL They stil need fiddling... And since i only use "Magnets", maybe i could make them available??? Anyhow, before it gets to that, i still have to refine them... Once, it meets my Sister's Aprroval, i'll forward you a copy of the Mags... And you decide then if they are worthy of being unleashed... Anyhow, Thanks Again for the great products Jim!! Later! Marco

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 1:05 PM

Your welcome! The magnet collection could be useful to a lot of people, but not to me, for some reason my copy of Poser will hardly ever let me open a CR2 or PZ3 with magnets attached, for some reason they explode to 10,000% or so. Sort of a pain, means every time I do a new garment I have to start from scratch to match all the standard SMV morphs, implants, flat-chested, corset and so on.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.