Thu, Sep 19, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Now we begin again.

WDBeaver ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2020 at 3:10 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:37 AM

Dale B here (old account went fubar, fortunately _after _I redownloaded the available stuff in that account). I finally bit the bullet and moved to Vue Creator. So far so good. I haven't quite gotten the hang of the geo import, but I'm working on it.

The big issue is rebuilding the rendergarden. The current Vue uses the AVX instructions, so the older Athlons are useless. Currently I've got the components for 2 new nodes on the way. Each node will have 16gigs DDR-4 ram, 250gig M.2 ssd on the motherboartd. I have an Asrock 370mb and a Gigabyte GA-A320M mb. The Asrock will run and Ryzen 3, and the Gigabyte will run a Ryzen 5. Win 10 will have to be the OS, since there is no Linux version available of the rendercows. What I'm wondering is if anyone has used the new AMD chips in a renderfarm setting, and how they performed. I know the Ryzen 5 should eat the R-3 for lunch, since the former is hex core 12 threads and the latter is quad core. If it turns out that no one is using distributed rendering, I'll plan on posting results and any gotcha's here. Vue and the cow controller will be running on a 1920X Threadripper (12/24) with 32 gigs of DDR-4 and ssd drives. Hopefully the basic Win 10 will be sufficient.

forester ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2020 at 4:31 PM

Hi Dale! Sounds like a great machine. I'll be very interested in how it performs. Please keep us posted.

Danny_G ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2020 at 9:50 PM

I believe you will be fine with that build

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

WDBeaver ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2020 at 6:34 AM

forester posted at 6:24AM Thu, 07 May 2020 - #4388352

Hi Dale! Sounds like a great machine. I'll be very interested in how it performs. Please keep us posted.

Hi back, forester! It has been something of a road back between hardware failures, medical issues (a mild heart attack and 2 stents 18 months ago. So far so good) and being in the process of removing the contractor grade junk in the house and replacing it with better (a very slow process with the knees that work retired me with; right is artificial, left is on life support until it gives up are gets replaced).

I plan on documenting the building and check out of the upgraded rendergarden, so It will be here in time. I'll probably be asking for ideas for benchmark scenes to run through the nodes, to see how they do perform at that point.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.