Fri, Oct 4, 12:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser Crashing over and over?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 14 May 2020 at 1:55 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:32 AM

Hi

I was running the latest version of Poser 11 Pro, it crashed so often I was about to throw my computer across the room. I uninstalled it and reinstalled several times but nothing helped, it always worked before the update.

After finally giving up I reinstalled again, using the previous version 11.3.740 after cleaning everything out again.

That did it, it seems to work fine now, I wondered if other people are running into this too, I'll put up with the reminder.

If you are backing up to the previous installation version may be the answer.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2020 at 4:43 PM
Forum Moderator

Please file a ticket in support. Be sure to include you OS and Version and any Poser add-ons you're using.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2020 at 11:50 AM

I'll do that, I'm happy to report that it hasn't crashed once since I went back to the previous version.

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

bdpoppa ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 11:41 AM

I am a long time poser user and have really enjoyed the program. I am really frustrated with frequent crashing. I am using the latest version 11.3.818. The program will crash if I delete any character (including props) from Daz 3D from a working scene. Also happens if I just select new! I am well versed in importing from Daz 3D and have been using imported characters and props for some time with no problems. I have a plenty of RAM, hard drive space, speed and a new NVIDIA video card. I am a retired computer tech so I know the problem isn't my hardware. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

bdpoppa ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 3:14 PM

I had a saved version 11.2.296 which I installed and now everything works great. Will probably stick with this version for now. Did not see any great improvements with 11.3 anyway.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.