Tue, Oct 22, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: I have a weird Question...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 6:20 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:37 AM

Given what's going on in the world today with the pandemic, I've noticed more than a few people wearing masks all the time. So here's the weird question... going forward, do you think it would be "fashionable" to add gloves (ala 1950 and 60's back to any clothing bundle sold for female figures? Or do you think it's more of a let's wait and see thing?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 6:22 AM

And by gloves, to make sure I make my meaning clear, I mean these, not rubber latex.

image.png

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 6:50 AM

Hopefully let's wait and see. The mask thing is extremely unpleasant and weird IMO. While the public health necessity is understandable I'm hoping it doesn't become normalized. The nagging conspiracy theorist that lurks in the back of my mind detects a bit of social obedience training conformity experiment by sinister powers that be thing going on...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 7:10 AM

EldritchCellar posted at 8:09AM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391065

Hopefully let's wait and see. The mask thing is extremely unpleasant and weird IMO. While the public health necessity is understandable I'm hoping it doesn't become normalized. The nagging conspiracy theorist that lurks in the back of my mind detects a bit of social obedience training conformity experiment by sinister powers that be thing going on...

Maybe, but if I'm not mistaken, the mask thing is already a thing in Japan and has been for quite awhile.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 7:13 AM ยท edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 7:15 AM

I rest my case, and actually more so in China.

I wonder if there was ever a point in human history where someone was like "what's up with this newfangled pants thing?! Damned uncomfortable" lol

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 7:44 AM

Yes there was. The Greeks or Romans considered trousers (pants) effeminate since they stopped a man fondling himself!

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 7:46 AM

I might ask a counter weird question (in light of my conspiracy speculation above)

Why would the powers that be want everyone to appear physically the same, homogeneously? And how might they go about implementing such a thing?

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 7:51 AM

Nails60 posted at 8:49AM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391069

Yes there was. The Greeks or Romans considered trousers (pants) effeminate since they stopped a man fondling himself!

That's rather short sighted, it presupposes that women don't fondle themselves. Judging by Poser art I'd disagree lol.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 8:03 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I seriously hope masks donโ€™t become the norm. There are those of us that they aggravate other health problems. I have an asthma attack any time I wear one.

For fabric gloves, theyโ€™d be pointless for health reasons as they donโ€™t block germs and most gloves you canโ€™t work your phone while wearing. (I know a few have a special fingertip but not all)

As for the conspiracy theories, as a writer, I can come up with plenty. As a moderator, Iโ€™ll pass on posting them.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 9:43 AM

No. Because those cloth gloves are not in style and here in NYC I walk into many places were they don't even have gloves or mask on already. (And we reopen next week.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,ย  intel Xeonย  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000ย 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 10:05 AM

CHK2033 posted at 11:03AM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391079

No. Because those cloth gloves are not in style and here in NYC I walk into many places were they don't even have gloves or mask on already. (And we reopen next week.)

Ditto here, Philadelphia region...

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 10:15 AM

I have not caught up on any of the conspiracy theories about Covid19.

What are the prevailing ones.....???

Perhaps a genetically engineered super virus (with a pre-made vaccine for the Iluminati,Bildeburgers& Rothchild's)

The purpose being to fighten the "Sheeple" into a higher level of obediance so they will hand over more of their rights,medical privacy&freedoms in exchange for "safety"?

To prevent large, in person gatherings, except under limited conditions, so that the "Sheeple" cannot pool their intellectual resources and formulate a plan to fight back as internet/smartphone communication is already completely monitored.

Destroy the Hollywood movie theater business model once and for all so that the major online streaming entertaiment & retailers (Amazon,netflix Disney et al) will not oppose the plan as they will thrive as long as they keep the "Sheeple" distracted with an endless supply of mindless banality .?

Increase the amount of free Data on the freeAssurance wireless& Safelink smartphones given to the Poor& Destitude, so that their meta Data and GPS locations can be monitored as well. (This free Data increase has actually happened BTW)?

Come up with a "Vaccine" that contains nanotech that will make monitoring the the entire population super easy.

..any others????

My website

YouTube Channel

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 10:21 AM

You forgot to mention the Reptilian Overlords.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 10:40 AM

6007605393_cb36f06e3c_z.jpg

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 10:41 AM

wolf359 posted at 11:31AM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391084

Perhaps a genetically engineered super virus (with a pre-made vaccine for the Iluminati,Bildeburgers& Rothchild's)

The purpose being to fighten the "Sheeple" into a higher level of obediance so they will hand over more of their rights,medical privacy&freedoms in exchange for "safety"?

They may try to find something better, but they already have that. It's called political correctness and yes... "fake news". It's meant to keep people in line so you never question anything you're told or anyone who's telling you.

To prevent large, in person gatherings, except under limited conditions, so that the "Sheeple" cannot pool their intellectual resources and formulate a plan to fight back as internet/smartphone communication is already completely monitored.

Otherwise known as a "mob". Also where we get the term "mob mentality". See "political correctness" and "fake news".

Destroy the Hollywood movie theater business model once and for all so that the major online streaming entertaiment & retailers (Amazon,netflix Disney et al) will not oppose the plan as they will thrive as long as they keep the "Sheeple" distracted with an endless supply of mindless banality .?

Actually, movies have been on their way out for some time, but it's the "gathering together" aspect that has kept it afloat. Otherwise, the price of refreshments alone would have driven them out of business.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 10:45 AM

RedPhantom posted at 11:42AM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391073

I seriously hope masks donโ€™t become the norm. There are those of us that they aggravate other health problems. I have an asthma attack any time I wear one.

For fabric gloves, theyโ€™d be pointless for health reasons as they donโ€™t block germs and most gloves you canโ€™t work your phone while wearing. (I know a few have a special fingertip but not all)

My thinking is that it will eventually become a fashion again. After all, the masks aren't medical grade, so they're not really stopping anything. They're really just meant to pacify people, so they won't buy out all of the medical masks from the hospitals and clinics.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:35 AM

It is not pacifying people. It is so when I cough or sneeze, my own bloody germs don't go all over the place and land on chairs, food or you. It is a basic courtesy item in Japan and as I suffer from all-year allergies and sneezer often, I am frankly glad that people will not think I try to kill them with my germ. Much lower infection rate and welcoming another perspective in my opinion is a good thing.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:43 AM

EClark1894 posted at 12:35PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391089

My thinking is that it will eventually become a fashion again. After all, the masks aren't medical grade, so they're not really stopping anything. They're really just meant to pacify people, so they won't buy out all of the medical masks from the hospitals and clinics.

Nope, disagree with you on that. They are another barrier to prevent the spread and a reminder to keep your hands from your face. I should know, I worked in a research lab with some pretty nasty stuff in my career. And with the current knowledge that COVID-19 may survive 3 hours in aerosolized form, you may want to consider wearing something protective if you can't social distance.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 12:00 PM

I personally think we will soon see the day when broadband internet service will become a mandatory part of urban building permits coded for human habitation just as electric &water/ sewer is now.

Considering the low prices of large flat screen TV's and the proliferation of streaming services, I surprised the packed movie theater business model still lingers, other than entrenched habits.

Ironicly this pandemic has likely laid bare many frankly inefficiencies (real or perceived) of entrenched habits in many industries such as broadcast news.

Does Lonnie Quin and the other weather people, here in New York city, really need to commute in every day when they can simply broadcast from their homes as they are now doing?

I imagine that there are alot of re-assessments of business models underway all over the world that will result in more automation that will eliminate the need for the physical presence of live humans to conduct business/commerce.

My website

YouTube Channel

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 12:56 PM

this is already a thing with TV. They have embedded text and pictures onto TV shows as far back as "The Honeymooners." I've seen this myself. They hand animate text and embed it into the light areas of the video image like the white collars on dress shirts. Newer shows use some sort of digital animation but it's still in the brighter parts of the image. theylive.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 1:36 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 1:37 PM

And thru out it all...The naked cowboy is still there near the news stand.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 1:52 PM

ghostship2 posted at 7:51PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391106

this is already a thing with TV. They have embedded text and pictures onto TV shows as far back as "The Honeymooners." I've seen this myself. They hand animate text and embed it into the light areas of the video image like the white collars on dress shirts. Newer shows use some sort of digital animation but it's still in the brighter parts of the image. theylive.jpg

Dunno about that but I remember a couple of years ago, the kids animated show, Maya The Bee, was pulled and the artist fired because he'd scrawled penises on the backgrounds. Yes, really.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 1:54 PM

wolf359 posted at 7:53PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391084

Increase the amount of free Data on the freeAssurance wireless& Safelink smartphones given to the Poor& Destitude, so that their meta Data and GPS locations can be monitored as well. (This free Data increase has actually happened BTW)?

Come up with a "Vaccine" that contains nanotech that will make monitoring the the entire population super easy.

..any others????

Funny you should mention those. Some guy near us has been putting these posters up:

Pandemic.jpg

My Store

My Gallery

WDBeaver ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 3:17 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 3:20 PM

Hm.

Well, anything that references Alex Jones of Infowars is guaranteed to be pure garbage to begin with. The 'quotations' from Rockefeller, Gates, and Musk have been out there for years and taken very out of context. Shiva Ayyadurai is mainly a Phd comp major from MIT with no real training in clinical biology. And a hefty amount of his notoriety outside of that circle is coming from Qanon these days (nuff said there). Dr Scott Jensen (they left off the 'n') is a holistic/general practitioner who seems to frequent Faux Noise and Laura Ingrahams time slot. The only Dr Audrey Kaufman who shows up in searches is a radiologist, who has no expertise in infectious disease whatsoever. There is an _Andy _Kaufman who is molecular biologist and psychiatrist who seems associated with Dr Thomas Cowan, who runs a site that specializes in pushing a homeopathic neo paleo diet thats supposed to fix all that ails you.

Basically, you have a lot of fringe individuals with far off the mainstream path ideas, who may or may not approve of how their information is being parsed and distributed. Classic conspiracy propaganda BS. As far as microchips go, can you imagine the bandwidth needed just to ping a locator signal? Or the power it would take to reach a satellite with enough signal integrity to discriminate individuals? Yes, I know the Evil Cell Towers(tm) are there, and you can check the specs and see how limited they actually are regarding the Illuminati levels of data transferance needed. Never mind the fact that a little work with a spectrum meter would betray the extra signal almost instantly, giving the victims more than enough time to deal with it. The whackamoles always forget little things like available watts and RF effects and heat dissipation on deep tissues. Never mind the actual scale of components (look at the pet implants; that is about it so far as practicality. Since room temp superconductors and quantum computing circuits are not yet viable, the mythical 'microchip you inhale unknowingly' or the 'nanotech robots you ingest that control you' are still firmly in the realm of science fiction And some technicians would say outright fantasy).

ypvs ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 3:43 PM

ghostship2 posted at 9:41PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391106

I think that was the episode of Max Headroom with Blip-verts (sorry, that should be M-M-M-Max Headroom)

Poserย 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,ย  16Gb RAM,ย 250Gb +ย 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 4:22 PM

SamTherapy posted at 5:16PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391113

ghostship2 posted at 7:51PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391106

Dunno about that but I remember a couple of years ago, the kids animated show, Maya The Bee, was pulled and the artist fired because he'd scrawled penises on the backgrounds. Yes, really.

Well, I don't know how big a thing it is or whether it's actually true, but I HAVE seen stories and even shows on tv that purport that Disney puts subliminal messages in some of it's cartoons. I remember seeing a documentary that showed the word "sex" in a cloud of dust on the Lion King.

image.png

And there's a story about the number A-113 that turns up in Pixar's Toy Story over and over.

image.png

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:28 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:32 PM

Room A 113 Is the classroom used by graphic design and character animation students (inside joke)

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:40 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:41 PM

I know a couple of Die hard conspiratorialists

They both seem to have a desparate need for external validation of the advanced "knowledge "they have aquired from watching youtube videos and often get angry when you question the credibility of their sources.

Their mind is a circular fever swamp where anything you say that would discredit their "belief system" makes you subject to ridicule as being one of the mindless "sheeple"too blind to see the "truth".

However they only take steps to Avoid the evil government surveliance in ways that do not cause them too much personal inconvenience.

One both of them is so paranoid he will pay $50 USD for you to download a list of mp3 songs ( old 1970's black soul misic) off the internet and load them onto his stand alone Mp3 player that does not connect to the internet so "they" wont know about his pirated music.

He is a driver for UPS who makes over $70,000 per year but he has the latest top end Samsung smart phone and uses his location services (GPS) for navigation.?

The other guy is a WFTML* level conspiratorialist.

He "hates America" (although not enough to reject the monthly Disabilty Check he uses to pay for his internet connection.)

He thinks ALL anti virus software is just a scam to spy on you and typically buys a new laptop about every six months after it becomes horribly infected by Malware/adware likely from his visiting conspiracy websites with no AV protection.?

He aspires to be a professional Youtuber himself hoping to monetize his own videos someday.?

*(WFTML-we faked the moon landings)

My website

YouTube Channel

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:56 PM

wolf359 posted at 6:54PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391142

I know a couple of Die hard conspiratorialists

They both seem to have a desparate need for external validation of the advanced "knowledge "they have aquired from watching youtube videos and often get angry when you question the credibility of their sources.

Their mind is a circular fever swamp where anything you say that would discredit their "belief system" makes you subject to ridicule as being one of the mindless "sheeple"too blind to see the "truth".

However they only take steps to Avoid the evil government surveliance in ways that do not cause them too much personal inconvenience.

One both of them is so paranoid he will pay $50 USD for you to download a list of mp3 songs ( old 1970's black soul misic) off the internet and load them onto his stand alone Mp3 player that does not connect to the internet so "they" wont know about his pirated music.

He is a driver for UPS who makes over $70,000 per year but he has the latest top end Samsung smart phone and uses his location services (GPS) for navigation.?

The other guy is a WFTML* level conspiratorialist.

*(WFTML-we faked the moon landings)

Yeah, that one'd be hard for me to swallow. I remember watching the moon landing and walks on television when I was a kid.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:58 PM

lol that's too funny, cant be too careful though...never know when the Government is gonna come after you for saving The Chi-Lites collection from youtube to mp3..

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 8:05 PM

CHK2033 posted at 9:04PM Sun, 07 June 2020 - #4391144

lol that's too funny, cant be too careful though...never know when the Government is gonna come after you for saving The Chi-Lites collection from youtube to mp3..

Have you seen her? Tell me have you seen her?.... Why, oh Why, did she have to leave? ๐Ÿ˜€

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 8:12 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 8:12 PM

EClark1894 posted at 2:11AM Mon, 08 June 2020 - #4391152

Have you seen her? Tell me have you seen her?.... Why, oh Why, did she have to leave? ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ˜

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 3:49 AM

SamTherapy posted at 4:49AM Mon, 08 June 2020 - #4391154

EClark1894 posted at 2:11AM Mon, 08 June 2020 - #4391152

Shh..... Actually, it's the Archies. ๐Ÿ˜

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 1:48 PM

Hrm.

Nearby Portland, OR is still locked-down (well, when they're not rioting... and the masks in that case are worn just to keep from being identified, so...) However, out here in rural Columbia County (~50m outside of Portland), few folks bother with the mask thing, and we're pretty much back to normal with only a few precautionary bits left. So yeah, no, I don't see masks as being a 'thing'.

They do wear them in Japan/China/Vietnam, but usually only someone who is sick will wear one (as a measure of politeness towards everyone else), and not the other way 'round.

My colleagues in India don't bother - masks are uber-rare out that way (you can get 'em, but not in a quantity that would allow for everyday use), and folks just use basic precautions like hand-washing and not touching face/eyes/etc. They did have some cities in lock-down out there (red-zone/green-zone measurement), but nothing that could be enforced too much, especially in the really big cities like Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, etc. My colleagues in Shanghai? Yeah, the less said the better - they avoided the crap that Wuhan had to endure, but at the same time everyone is nervous as hell that some indicator will require a Wuhan-style lockdown. Residents in every Tier-1 city fears it from the sounds of things, and Xi the Pooh is still edgy about the whole thing being (rightly) blamed on him and the CCP. Colleagues near London do the mask thing and are rather disgruntled about it, but won't say it too loudly... apparently they have a massive Karen issue (e.g. deviate even in the slightest from the official opinion or proscriptions, and someone will report you), and I found out via some very deeply-couched phrases and descriptions, in spite of the fact that they're all working from home. I'll know more tomorrow in my weekly w/ them, though.

So overall, I think the whole mask thing (no matter how cool and cyberpunkish you can make it) will likely die off as soon as possible.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 7:23 PM

I agree that mask-wearing will not be a long term 'fashion', as soon as there is a vaccine available and enough of the population gets inoculated the danger will pass. My concern is that this novel virus may have the capacity to mutate within a rather short period of time. Currently, epidemiologists feel that COVID-19 may have been around far longer before Wuhan became an epicenter for the disease. I know several individuals, including myself, feeling some symptoms around November akin to COVID although many had received Flu vaccines in and around that time. I would like to see my blood antibody titer for any traces of COVID. That would intrigue me.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 7:59 PM

hborre posted at 8:52PM Mon, 08 June 2020 - #4391232

I agree that mask-wearing will not be a long term 'fashion', as soon as there is a vaccine available and enough of the population gets inoculated the danger will pass. My concern is that this novel virus may have the capacity to mutate within a rather short period of time. Currently, epidemiologists feel that COVID-19 may have been around far longer before Wuhan became an epicenter for the disease. I know several individuals, including myself, feeling some symptoms around November akin to COVID although many had received Flu vaccines in and around that time. I would like to see my blood antibody titer for any traces of COVID. That would intrigue me.

Most if not all viruses tend to mutate. Vaccines generally only work if the people making the vaccine can successfully guess which mutation strain will spread and how. That's been one of the greatest advantages Covid has had. No one has encountered this particular strain before, and no one is completely certain how it;'s spread.

kaleberg ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 6:01 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 6:00PM Mon, 22 June 2020 - #4391068

I rest my case, and actually more so in China.

I wonder if there was ever a point in human history where someone was like "what's up with this newfangled pants thing?! Damned uncomfortable" lol

Some Roman emperor did ban German garb for man i.e. pants in the city of Rome. So, yes, there was push back against pants.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 7:51 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 June 2020 at 7:51 PM

hborre posted at 8:49PM Mon, 22 June 2020 - #4391232

We'll see. I live in Raleigh, NC and our mayor just passed a mandate that anyone living in the city MUST wear a face mask. Our Governor is thinking of making it statewide.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 10:41 AM

EClark1894 posted at 8:36AM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4391089

Not really. They do help. They keep YOUR germs from entering the air space to protect others from your cold, flu, Covid and even smokers breath! LOL

As someone that's immune compromised (HIV, Diabetes II and Autonomic Nervous System Disorder) I have to be careful ANYWAYS so the added mask thing, while an inconvenience is OK with me. It's one of the reasons I switched from working in a traditional salon to my home so I can control the amount of stress to my system, protect me and my clients from being exposed to others stuff and well.. honestly, it saves me $900.00 a month for a station rental. Sad to say, the Covid thing has forced me to realize my dream sooner than later but so far it's been GREAT so no complaints.

Covid has also given me more time to delve into Poser and bother everyone here with a deluge of questions! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HEREย ย 

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 12:24 PM

I'm old and female and plan on wearing a mask in public well into 2021 (and maybe after). The Spanish flu (yes, I know, a misnomer) was very real and killed many people. Not everyone but many. How do I know if I'll become a death statistic to covid-19? I don't, at least, not yet, so I'll respect social distancing. I'm much angrier about losing my right to vote (due to mail-in vote denial) than my need to wear an uncomfortable mask. Losing voting rights to covid-19 is truly losing freedom.

So, eclark1894, I say, yes to the mask and glove accessories. I remember having to wear white gloves when I was younger (on Sundays only). They were much more comfortable than the stupid nylons and garter belt.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 12:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear that about your voting rights Veda. OMG.... what state do you live in? I'm in CA and Gavin made mail in voting the default here!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HEREย ย 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 1:02 PM

RAMWolff posted at 1:50PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392884

I'm sorry to hear that about your voting rights Veda. OMG.... what state do you live in? I'm in CA and Gavin made mail in voting the default here!

Actually, most, if not all states already allow you to vote by mail. It usually falls into one of three categories: Five states, allow it as their default. Almost all the rest allow registered voters to request a ballot, but some states do require an excuse be provided for why you cannot make it to the polls.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 3:01 PM

I'm in Massachusetts. Actually, I just re-checked mass.gov again and saw something new (looks like it was updated on 6/9/20.) I guess they're now allowing mail-in ballots due to covid-19. Finally!

Of course, I have an extra layer of concern with this. I have a separate mailing address (at a nearby mail center) from my residential address. It was handier when I was working (one day returning from work, I'd caught some kids messing with my mail and switched to the mail center), and I've just gotten used to it. Don't have to worry about kids messing in my mailbox or the postal carrier slipping on an icy driveway. But I digress.

I have to get started on this now!!! I ALWAYS vote. My preferred candidates never win, but I still always vote.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 3:11 PM

Glad it's sorted out. ๐Ÿ˜

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HEREย ย 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 3:28 PM

Thought you were a dude VedaDalsette. Apologies if I seemed gruff on the technical forum, I have a tendency to do that (triggered that is LOL)...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 4:08 PM

VedaDalsette posted at 4:48PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392902

I'm in Massachusetts. Actually, I just re-checked mass.gov again and saw something new (looks like it was updated on 6/9/20.) I guess they're now allowing mail-in ballots due to covid-19. Finally!

Of course, I have an extra layer of concern with this. I have a separate mailing address (at a nearby mail center) from my residential address. It was handier when I was working (one day returning from work, I'd caught some kids messing with my mail and switched to the mail center), and I've just gotten used to it. Don't have to worry about kids messing in my mailbox or the postal carrier slipping on an icy driveway. But I digress.

I have to get started on this now!!! I ALWAYS vote. My preferred candidates never win, but I still always vote.

Glad you got it sorted out as well, but just so you know, you've ALWAYS had the option to vote by mail, it just wasn't a concern pre-pandemic. So, just as a quick public service to you and anyone else who may be interested, ANY registered voter may request a ballot for mailing in (as far as I know) ALL fifty states and territories of the US where you are allowed to vote. If you are overseas or in the military, you may vote by absentee ballot. Seventeen states at this time, do require that a voter provide an excuse for why they need to vote by absentee ballot. Twenty-eight states do not require an excuse for a ballot. As every state has different rules regarding voting by absentee ballot, you can go to USA.GOV/absentee-voting to learn more about voting by mail or absentee ballot. (end PSA) ๐Ÿ˜„

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 4:44 PM ยท edited Tue, 23 June 2020 at 4:46 PM

No worries, EldritchCellar. I prefer to be treated like a dude. I'm no fragile flower. Ha!

EClark1894, actually absentee ballots due to covid is very recent. Absence, physical disability, and religious belief (I don't qualify for any of those), yes, they've always been available in Mass. but not for fear of covid until this month. It's been very easy for me to vote, because my polling station is walking distance and never crowded (every pre-covid polling station should have been like this, too, but, unfortunately, U.S. voter suppression is very real). I'm hoping mail-in voting will become permanent. More people will vote then!

Thanks, RamWolff!

Old lady hobbyist.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 5:09 PM

General rule of thumb (some Russian names excepted)...

If a name ends in "a", it's a female name.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 6:27 PM

VedaDalsette posted at 7:19PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392917

EClark1894, actually absentee ballots due to covid is very recent. Absence, physical disability, and religious belief (I don't qualify for any of those), yes, they've always been available in Mass. but not for fear of covid until this month. It's been very easy for me to vote, because my polling station is walking distance and never crowded (every pre-covid polling station should have been like this, too, but, unfortunately, U.S. voter suppression is very real). I'm hoping mail-in voting will become permanent. More people will vote then!

Yeah, I believe I said that it wasn't a concern before the pandemic. Physical disability is a broad but vague term. You could have been sick, pregnant and about to deliver, stubbed a toe and couldn't walk, etc. You needed to have an excuse. With covid, they don't want a bunch of people gathering together but unable to practice social distancing, so I'm all for mail-in ballots.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 6:28 PM

EClark1894 posted at 7:27PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392926

VedaDalsette posted at 7:19PM Tue, 23 June 2020 - #4392917

Yeah, I believe I said that it wasn't a concern before the pandemic. Physical disability is a broad but vague term. You could have been sick, pregnant and about to deliver, stubbed a toe and couldn't walk, spending the week in jail, etc. You needed to have an excuse. With covid, they don't want a bunch of people gathering together but unable to practice social distancing, so I'm all for mail-in ballots.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 6:03 AM

I was perusing my usual internet haunts and this image popped up:

image.png

I blocked out the price and website, but took the image to show what I was talking about in my original post about how masks might be a fashion choice in the future. They're evolving the look already.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.