Wed, Sep 18, 12:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Over $900 in FREE content when you buy Poser Pro 11! Check it out!

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2020 at 12:33 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Where exactly is this $900 in free content that I can download?

Eddy

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2020 at 12:37 PM

Hi. 😄

you click HERE and then click the Download Additional Files, it will require your serial number. And on that page you will see the files to download. Instructions on installing the Legacy content (content available in previous versions of Poser) is HERE

😄

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2020 at 12:50 PM

Ok I got it, I was expecting the separate file downloads for each of the items... 😕😑

Eddy

ArhainArt ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 12:29 PM

jennblake posted at 12:27PM Sun, 31 May 2020 - #4387704

Hi. 😄

you click HERE and then click the Download Additional Files, it will require your serial number. And on that page you will see the files to download. Instructions on installing the Legacy content (content available in previous versions of Poser) is HERE

😄

Does that same process apply to installing products from the marketplace as well?

structure ( ) posted Sun, 31 May 2020 at 10:04 PM
Forum Coordinator

ArhainArt posted at 4:02AM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390678

Does that same process apply to installing products from the marketplace as well?

if you are referring to the serial number - no you do not need to use it for products purchased from the marketplace.

you can simply download and unzip the product to wherever you want it to be.

Locked Out

ArhainArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:35 AM

structure posted at 5:31AM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390704

ArhainArt posted at 4:02AM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390678

you can simply download and unzip the product to wherever you want it to be.

I did that, but none of the products showed up in the library.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 8:40 AM · edited Mon, 01 June 2020 at 8:41 AM
Online Now!

Download the zip to your computer.

Fire up Poser.

Click on the File menu, then Install from Zip File.

Specify which Runtime you want to install.

Once done, use the Refresh circular arrow on the right side of the Runtime you installed in your Library window.

I strongly suspect this is covered in the manual, but I am not at my home computer atm to check.

ArhainArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 8:49 AM

Rhia474 posted at 8:47AM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390718

Download the zip to your computer.

Fire up Poser.

Click on the File menu, then Install from Zip File.

Specify which Runtime you want to install.

Once done, use the Refresh circular arrow on the right side of the Runtime you installed in your Library window.

I strongly suspect this is covered in the manual, but I am not at my home computer atm to check.

I've done that and is working, but DAZ People folder does not show up. Everything else is showing.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 12:52 PM

DAZ People folder would be strictly for DAZ figure content and if it does not contain a runtime folder within then it will not show up in the Poser Library. Explain what you are attempting to do in as much detail as possible and maybe we can figure out the problem.

ArhainArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 1:42 PM

hborre posted at 1:38PM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390724

DAZ People folder would be strictly for DAZ figure content and if it does not contain a runtime folder within then it will not show up in the Poser Library. Explain what you are attempting to do in as much detail as possible and maybe we can figure out the problem.

I am trying to add M4 and V4 to poser, but they do not show as being installed. I have even tried manually placing the runtime folders and still nt showing.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:07 PM

What installers are you using and how are you installing them into Poser?

ArhainArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:23 PM

hborre posted at 5:17PM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390746

What installers are you using and how are you installing them into Poser?

No installers. All are in zip files. Also it seems other poser products purchased from das are exhibiting the same problem. Not have that problem with products purchased elsewhere. I have tried unzipping directly to poser runtime, using file/install from zip and unzipping to another folder and manually placing the files.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:38 PM

Okay, that explains everything. The reason you are not seeing any files in Poser is that all DAZ files embed their content within a content folder. So if you use Posers zip installation feature all your installed DAZ content will be under the Content folder. The only 2 ways to deal with this situation is 1 - to use DIM (Daz Install Manager) to install those zip files or 2 - open the files with a zip program and install everything in the content folder, not the content folder itself.

ArhainArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:53 PM · edited Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:59 PM

hborre posted at 5:44PM Mon, 01 June 2020 - #4390753

Okay, that explains everything. The reason you are not seeing any files in Poser is that all DAZ files embed their content within a content folder. So if you use Posers zip installation feature all your installed DAZ content will be under the Content folder. The only 2 ways to deal with this situation is 1 - to use DIM (Daz Install Manager) to install those zip files or 2 - open the files with a zip program and install everything in the content folder, not the content folder itself.

With my zip utility (7zip) I can unzip the runtime folders by double clicking content folder then unzip runtime folder with correct paths. Dad's dim doesn't seem to recognize poser software. With earlier versions always got error message stating could not install to poser directory.

EDIT: I checked my poser runtime and all the are in the proper folders, but they do not show in the library even after refreshing.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 6:05 PM

DIM can be tricky to set up but not impossible considering the lack of documentation. I have over twenty runtimes linked to my DIM for the installation of Poser related DAZ content. My strong recommendation is to use the zip utility to do the installation of DAZ and freebies. Unfortunately, freebie content may not follow the hierarchy guidelines for packaging zip files.

ArhainArt ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 6:53 PM

Tried DIM and this got no error messages, but still no luck. Included image showing library with what I have managed to install.Poser Library.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 7:27 PM

This is my set up in DIM for installing content from DAZ zipped files. Notice the highlighted Content Path Shortcuts dropdown window (in my case Poser 11 is selected although I do not install any content into the main runtime). In your case, that window should be populated with Poser 11 Content since that is your preference for installing V4.

image.png

If you do not have that entry available for that field, you must manually add that runtime to DIM. At the top right-hand corner is a gear icon, left-click the icon and select advanced settings. Under the Installation tab, click on the + button in the lower left-hand corner and navigate to the Poser 11 Content folder that contains your runtime folder. The panel should look like the image below:

image.png

Once entered, accept the setup. The file you should be installing is Victoria 4.2 Base, it contains all the folders and files for the base figure. Let me know if this simplifies the workflow and whether there is a difference from the setup you have.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 7:32 PM
Site Admin

Your library focus is the poser 11 content runtime. Is that the runtime you installed the figures in. If not, change the focus to the runtime you did use or to all.

If that doesn't help, open windows explorer and look in your runtime and make sure the figures are in the folder RuntimeLibrariesCharacterDaz figures. If they are in ContentRuntimeLibrariesCharacterDaz figures or in a people folder, move the cr2 and png it to what I listed above.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ArhainArt ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2020 at 7:11 AM

I got some help from the Daz forums. It was recommended that I create a "Poser Content" folder in the Poser 11, then a runtime folder and unzip my files there. It worked. Thanks for the help. Will take all into consideration when I receive my new computer. Thanks again.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 6:56 PM · edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 6:57 PM

The DAZ content installer (DAZ Install Manager or DIM) actually does not use the Content folder at all. The original zip file has the Content folder, but DIM gets rid of it!

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 6:58 PM

I would like to see a web page that actually shows all the $900 worth of free content.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 9:40 PM
Online Now!

https://www.posersoftware.com/poser-pro-11-dlc

This will do?

ronaldknights ( ) posted Mon, 08 June 2020 at 9:39 AM

Rhia474, thanks for the link. Unfortunately I wouldn't use most of that content.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.