Sun, Oct 6, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: wrong receiver

Richardphotos ( ) posted Thu, 25 June 2020 at 10:56 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:33 PM

New Order: Id 113515915. I got 2 emails not intended for me plus one the other day (Renderosity business)

shonsu ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 11:32 AM · edited Sun, 28 June 2020 at 11:33 AM

In the email from Renderosity which followed this issue, the following was stated:

The new mail system is an important step in giving you more control over the mail you receive from us. Unfortunately, we discovered an obvious flaw today. This was a limited test, and we immediately disabled the new system afterwards. We have fixed the problem, and we are reviewing the new mail system to ensure this will not happen again. The security of Renderosity was not affected by this incident.

The security of Renderosity was not affected but the security of members was because mail addresses of Renderosity members were listed in the "TO" line and therefore visible to the reader. I counted over 50+.

I'm concerned because there are members who sign up to Renderosity that are here for phishing or spam related business and now there is possibility one of these fake members received the email.

wiz ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2020 at 5:00 PM

So, is this "new mail system" why I missed the 50% off sale?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.