Sat, Aug 3, 9:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Permanently docked Library?

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 12:56 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 7:47 AM

My Smith Micro PP 11 just "docked" the Library window in the lower left corner of the main Poser window and I can't find any way to knock it loose. It's "docked" so far down that all I can see is the selection tabs. Help?

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 1:16 PM

Your best bet is to reset your preferences to Factory Default. That will undo your current arrangement.

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 1:20 PM

hborre posted at 12:20PM Tue, 21 July 2020 - #4394934

Your best bet is to reset your preferences to Factory Default. That will undo your current arrangement.

I wish. I tried that. Lost all my setup details... except the docked Library.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 1:21 PM · edited Tue, 21 July 2020 at 1:26 PM

undocked.jpg

docked.jpg

click floating then when it pops out put it back where you want it (remove (untick) drag docking if you want it to stay where you want it so you wont accidentally drag it again )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 1:58 PM

click floating then when it pops out put it back where you want it (remove (untick) drag docking if you want it to stay where you want it so you wont accidentally drag it again ) Those boxes seem to appear at random. There is not one of them on the Library frame. (Actually, none of my palettes have them this week...) My error, the version is Poser Pro 10. I own PP 11, but I can't use it because of the obsolete activation code. Incidentally, the Library problem broke loose when I Maximized the screen; it stayed floating when I restored the screen. Go figure. Thanks for offering solutions.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 2:08 PM

If you own PP 11, you're entitled to a free upgrade to get around the activation code issue.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2020 at 3:39 PM

https://www.posersoftware.com/ for your upgrade. If your license doesn't work you will need to contact support. SmithMicro is no longer the owners of Poser.

mickmca ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2020 at 9:50 AM

hborre posted at 8:45AM Wed, 22 July 2020 - #4394956

https://www.posersoftware.com/ for your upgrade. If your license doesn't work you will need to contact support. SmithMicro is no longer the owners of Poser.

I took a look at the PS page. Upgrading from PP 10 or P 11 is listed there at $99. They also link you to "buy at Renderosity if you are a member." There the price is $74. No free upgrade I can find.

I'm not just being stingy. I terminated my Windows machines at W7. PS says the new Poser is ok with that; R says I have to have Windows 10. I'm willing to take a chance on compatibility for free, but not for a "No Refunds!" $74.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2020 at 10:10 AM

There's no upgrade from PP 11 there that I can see.

Been awhile since I upgraded, but as I recall...you can download a free trial copy. If you have a serial number for PP 11, you can use it to make the trial permanent.

https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

If you have a serial number but it doesn't work, put in a support ticket.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2020 at 3:58 PM

Despite what the website says, that is the latest version of Poser 11 if you have a valid SN from an SM or Rendo purchase. So if you own Poser Pro 11, Poser 11, or Poser 2014 Game Developer, you are entitled to a free upgrade to Poser 11 current version. If you own any other version, you can upgrade to P11 at a discounted price. As randym77 posted, if your version of P11 serial number doesn't activate the newer version, do contact support.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2020 at 4:30 PM

You can use Poser 11 with Windows 7. I'm still on Windows 7 myself. As for the free upgrade, just make sure the PP 10 you have is for Game Developer.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2020 at 12:09 AM

He said he owns PP 11. He's using PP 10 because he can't activate PP 11. He's entitled to a free upgrade.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 10:06 AM

Maximize your Poser window. That fixes it for me, if I'm understanding the problem correctly.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 10:59 AM

At this point, I would suggest that the OP would post a screencap of the problem so we can see precisely how the Library is placed.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 1:44 PM

He said he fixed his original problem by maximizing the screen.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 1:50 PM

Woohoo!! Another problem solved. Thanks for the update.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.