Thu, Sep 19, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Bringing in Figure or Object into specific place in scene

thartwick1 ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 9:37 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:44 AM

HI all,

I haven't worked with large scenes very much but when I do I've had to search all over the scene to find out where the figure or object was placed when I added it. Once found, then I have to move it to where I want it. Is there an easier way to do this? Can I set a where I want the figure or object to come into the scene. Hopefully what I'm asking makes sense. Thanks for any help!!

Tom

structure ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 10:41 AM · edited Sun, 26 July 2020 at 10:44 AM
Forum Coordinator

you can create a pose and save the body transformations - this way you can put back to the exact same place every time

image.png

see this thread for finding objects in a large scene.

Locked Out

bwldrd ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 1:16 PM · edited Sun, 26 July 2020 at 1:19 PM
Online Now!

Not really for when bringing it in, but once you have an item in you seen an easy way to move it would be Ochams 'snap to' script on his site @ Ocham's Bungalow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 2:06 PM
Forum Coordinator

Wouldn't that be what can be done now with constraints?

thartwick1 ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 7:36 PM

structure posted at 7:35PM Sun, 26 July 2020 - #4395301

you can create a pose and save the body transformations - this way you can put back to the exact same place every time

image.png

see this thread for finding objects in a large scene.

Thanks!!

thartwick1 ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 7:36 PM

bwldrd posted at 7:36PM Sun, 26 July 2020 - #4395306

Not really for when bringing it in, but once you have an item in you seen an easy way to move it would be Ochams 'snap to' script on his site @ Ocham's Bungalow

I'm on a Max so python scripts don't work. Thanks anyway!!!

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 26 July 2020 at 9:12 PM

Yes, the "SnapTo" script uses Tkinter as part of the PoserPython script - which means Mac users can't run it. Tkinter is one of the many things not supported by Apple.

But you don't have to miss out on all Python scripts. Open the desired script with a text editor, and look for "Tkinter" near the top. If it's not there, then you can likely run the script. Unless, perhaps Apple has introduced further security-blocks that I've not yet heard about.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

thartwick1 ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2020 at 11:29 AM

HartyBart posted at 11:28AM Mon, 27 July 2020 - #4395327

Yes, the "SnapTo" script uses Tkinter as part of the PoserPython script - which means Mac users can't run it. Tkinter is one of the many things not supported by Apple.

But you don't have to miss out on all Python scripts. Open the desired script with a text editor, and look for "Tkinter" near the top. If it's not there, then you can likely run the script. Unless, perhaps Apple has introduced further security-blocks that I've not yet heard about.

Thanks for this tip. I did try running it and it does use Tkinter.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.