Sun, Oct 6, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Autumn still life

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 1:48 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 11:47 PM

file_224461.jpg

There is only a short time left for this month's Theme: still life. I made this one last year, so am omitting it from the competition, but just wanted to show that a still life doesn't have to be done as an indoor scene. Just think of something you enjoy or something that reminds you of a special place or person, then gather elements that relate to that, and make a composition of them. For the objects in this one, the pumpkin is the backside of the Jack-o-Lantern that comes with Vue. The baskets and bushel baskets were created with primitive objects. :) Varian [Treasures d'Esprit](http://www.varian.net/dreamview/dreamtools/vue/)

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 1:50 PM

lol, meant that to say the wagon wheel and baskets were primitives. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 1:59 PM

Wow Varien, you really are such a good creator....just stunning Sharen :-)

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 2:40 PM

Constant inspiration.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 2:54 PM

Yes, inspiration...Sharen

Caroluk ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:07 PM

Just superb. Carol UK

Jilly ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 4:09 PM

Lovely work.

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 4:35 PM

Looks great. ~s~ I figured the challange was cloth only...

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 4:39 PM

Beautiful as always Varian :)

jgmart ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 5:21 PM

Varian, Love this image....wow John

tradivoro ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 7:01 PM

Hey, that's a great picture and it definitely does capture the last days of autumn... :)

tesign ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 7:02 PM

Beautiful piece and excellent composition, Varian! Btw, the image seem to have a layer of very consistent haze...is that intentional? Bill

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 9:29 PM

Well, I'm half-way thru the book you recommended (it's a hard read for a non-artist) and I can't do anything near that. Maybe by the time I finish it :)

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 9:50 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12368&FAQ=Y

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments! :) Miz O, there are two targets for the month. The Theme is creating a still life image, suitable for gallery-viewing. The Challenge is creating procedural fabric materials, providing a reason to play with the material editor. All the details at the link. Bill, yes the haze is intentional. During those final warm days of autumn, at the end of harvest, the air is packed with all kinds of "dust", from leaves, corn, hay, pretty much everything. The image is based on a typical view around my uncle's farm which I visited a lot as a kid. :)

Varian ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 9:52 PM

Jackson, be sure to try out stuff they show as examples. There's a slight bit of "translation" needed from 2D to 3D, but I think when you're working hands-on, the elements will be a lot easier to see and understand. :)

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 9:59 PM

Thanks, I'll try that. So far, I haven't even understood many of the examples (I can't see what she sees).

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 3:51 AM

Oh, I remeber this...liked it then, and I still like it now. :) You know, since you specifically mention dust in the air, I bet this would look good in Vue 4 with some volumetric stuff going on....

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 10:55 AM

I was thinking of re-doing it at some point and getting some greater variation among the pumpkins. When I do, I'll play with the volumetrics too, and see where it takes me. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.