Thu, Oct 10, 2:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: How can I make bigger people wear clothing?

Fracture ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 1:01 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 2:18 AM

Ok this is something that really ticks me off about poser. The clothing items aren't really conformed to the bodies, theya re just sort of layed on top and follow the bends but that's all they follow. FOr instance if I make a fat person or someone with a bigger but or anything that strays fromt he standard poser model they can't get into any of the clothing items. However I had an Idea. Is there a way that you could somehow get the other properties that are on the poser figures to also be on the clothing items? Like say put all the thigh proporties on the vicki model onto the vicki pants? Would this work? And how would someone go about doing this? Or is there a tutorial already covering this? I know you can do this stuff with magnets but that is usually kind of a pain because your not sure if what your moving will stay there later. If I make the pants have a bigger butt they will stay that way. Any ideas suggestions?

Fracture ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 2:12 PM

Do those clothes follow the same morph targets that the original Vicki uses?

Fracture ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 2:17 PM

I just looked into that and that's extremely shady. You have to buy the clothes (which only partially work) and then buy the morph targets to allow them to conform to the figure? Shouldn't that just be 1 pack? There has to be another way to do this. I'll look into it when I get home tonight.

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:08 PM

That's been a gripe of mine for a while... you buy clothes and they fit the default body only... no body morphs. Maybe Poser 5 will fix that.... ya think? -----> NAHHHHHHHH!

the3dwizard ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?Who=the3dwizard

The clothes were created first for the defualt figure. You can't just transfer the morph properties from the figure to the clothing item because there is probably not a 1:1 relationship on vertices. Thus each morph has to be made individually. I have added morphs by hand which is a lot of work. Think about the number of morphs on Vicky and then multiply that by the number of clothing items. Then figure about 4-8 hours per morph to make the morph and test it. The broker at DAZ wrote pyhton scripts to do the morphs and he started late last year so that was well over 7 months of development. It is not an easy task. You might check my Clothing Morph Kit 2. It takes some of the P4 clothes,(dresses, miniskirt, halter top, and coat), and makes them fit Vicky. A large number of the morphs are included and it is 30% off until the end of the month. Later,

Fracture ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:12 PM

I don't know alot about these things so this might sound stupid. Why can't they set it up so that when you conform a clothing object to the body that it retains the appropriate distance from the body when the body changes? So if you make the arms longer or sorter it reduces accordingly? Basically making it a new part of the original model. So that instead of having it treat any new items added to the person they are now part of it and move with it where the original would. Speaking of Poser 5 is there any Idea when they are thinking about releasing this or what's going to be new in it?

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:14 PM

It's not "shady," it's just that what seems intuitively very easy--clothes should match the figure inside them--is very difficult given the tools at hand. Since the clothes are a different mesh it's not easy to transfer morphs--a morph is just a new positioning of the same mesh. The morphing clothes pack at daz has all the morphs that vicky2 has, or you can get the one in the marketplace here by the 3d wizard and get a limited set of vicky 2 morphs (personally I prefer the 3dwizard's version but I only use a few body types). Anyway, to do it yourself, learn about magnets in poser. Once you get the hang of them they're pretty easy to work with, you can fit the clothing to just about anything, and it's free. MaryCanary

WarriorDL ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:20 PM

Actually... I have an idea I plan on trying for a shirt: I have a pose setting for the nude figures that absolute zeros them (thus, when the pose is applied, the figure is in the exact same position and the base mesh outside of Poser). I am going to cut up a shirt into its various parts, then import those parts into Poser and PARENT the objs to the nude figures as props. Then when I resize the nude figure, the probs should resize with the nude figure due ot the parenting (inherent bends). Then I will export the "props" and turn them into morph targets for the actual shirt. Thus the shirt would then have the proper morphs to resize with the figures. ...I hope :o)

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:31 PM

if you're using scaling to resize, I don't believe it will work, because scaling is not handled as a morph target. You have to scale with a magnet to get that to work. Are you using magnets for any of this? You can apply the same morph to a figure and to clothing by telling the magnet to apply to the clothing's parts as well as the figure.

WarriorDL ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:35 PM

No, not scaling. Morphing the base nude figure to say... superhero size. The PROPS should change size with the nude figure. Since the POSE is set at absolute zero, then I just export the PROP itself at its new size. Then I make the morph for the PROP piece outside of Poser. I then reset everything, with the normal nud figure there. I then load the NORMAL shirt, and import the new morphs for the body parts, and make morph targets from there. These morphs would be applied just like any other morph.

Petunia ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:39 PM

Hi yas, There is a morph clothing pack for the mil kids. Look under the clothing/Millenium Kids at Daz3d. The morph clothing packs do work very well. So if you set the kids up as slightly bigger in the waist and thigh areas, the clothing can be fit as well. I think it was worth the extra bit for the morph targets.

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:47 PM

Sorry if I'm being thick-headed, but why should the props change size? They'll inherit the bend/twist etc of the figure but not anything else, unless you use a deformer on them. Or am I missing something?

WarriorDL ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 3:58 PM

Because I did it once already :o)

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 4:11 PM

Because I did it once already :o) dag, now I gotta go home and try this so I can see what you're talking about :(

WarriorDL ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 4:14 PM

....hmmmm Now I can't repeat it... dammit! I had made fixed the P4 Siliphiel Armor from Freestuff for Dreamspinner so it'd save to the library for her. Then she wanted it to fit over a modified catsuit clothing piece, so I made a morph for it that works. ...and now I can't repeat how I did that L ...oye.

Petunia ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 5:24 PM

Cookie, that pack woulda been easy to overlook when it came out because of the funky way daz has of posting new things under a bunch of stuff that came out earlier. Like they still have the mil kids up in the number one spot in the what's new page.

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 5:26 PM

Curious is really stupid...trying to fake true life clothes shrink. I'd like to get some real clothes that conform to my modest proportions .... sounds ssimple. But no my doctor keeps telling me to lay off the beer and pizza. And get some exercise ... hell I exercise enough running to the refrigerator between renders. As for Poser clothes, I rely on magnets and the heirarchy menu.

Gordon

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2001 at 6:39 PM

file_224431.jpg

Large is a state of mind ... think RenderTrim

Gordon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.