Mon, Sep 16, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Latest Animation Using Blender 2.9

LuxXeon ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 2:28 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:28 PM

Everything here was created with Blender. It started out as a project in Blender 2.83, but once I found out that Eevee render engine had object motion blur as well as camera motion blur in 2.9x, we decided to re-render all the frames where object motion blur would be useful. I'm going to release the butterfly as a free .blend file. It's low poly and fully rigged with IK controls for the antenna and legs, and motion controls for the wings.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 8:35 AM

Very nice work, Luxeon! I really like the "flower-like" plants. Very alien-esq looking.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

LuxXeon ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 2:16 PM

animajikgraphics posted at 2:08PM Wed, 16 September 2020 - #4399610

Very nice work, Luxeon! I really like the "flower-like" plants. Very alien-esq looking.

-AniMajik

Thank you, my friend. Yes, I plan to hopefully produce a series of short videos based on "alien plants". I wanted to get this one done as quickly as possible because it was just a side project, so the best way to do that was to render everything with Eevee. Ended up taking a little longer than we thought because Blender 2.9 came out just as I had finished the animation and started rendering. A friend of mine was letting me use his machine with an RTX 2080ti and some big hardware specs to render frames. I was using an RTX 2070. So we decided to re-render all the frames with the butterfly once 2.9 was released because of the object motion blur feature it provided. Having object motion blur brings Eevee renders even closer to Cycles' quality. The problems came when it started crashing after ever 300 or so frames. So it took about 5 days before this project could be finished, because of the crashes. Still, it was worth the headaches because this was rendered at 2k resolution, 60FPS. 5 seconds of video was 300 frames. So as you could imagine, we needed to keep the render time per frame very low while keeping quality as high as possible.

Still, I'm a little disappointed in the editing. Editing only took a few hours, but now I see that there was at least two major errors with the edit, and Youtube won't allow us to replace the video without deleting this one. So it has to stay in I guess.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 5:25 PM

I have am going to be switching to my own server for videos, for the same reason (can't replace a video without changing it's URL. Starting Oct 1s, I'll be using my own server for serving up videos. (I may use YT for posts on Renderosity and Reallusion though since they seem to require it.

If you ever decide to release the cool looking Alien Plant, let me know! Good luck with the new version of Blender! -AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

LuxXeon ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 7:03 PM

animajikgraphics posted at 6:59PM Wed, 16 September 2020 - #4399653

I have am going to be switching to my own server for videos, for the same reason (can't replace a video without changing it's URL. Starting Oct 1s, I'll be using my own server for serving up videos. (I may use YT for posts on Renderosity and Reallusion though since they seem to require it.

If you ever decide to release the cool looking Alien Plant, let me know! Good luck with the new version of Blender! -AniMajik

Yes, the plant is something I'd been thinking about as well. It's also rigged with some rudimentary bones, specifically to get some jiggle and movement in that shot with the butterfly. I might release it as another freebie. It's a relatively simple model, but it uses displacement for the red orbs in the pod so it does have a high subdivision in those areas. We couldn't use the adaptive subdivision, unfortunately, because that's not supported yet in Eevee, but even with the higher geometry, frames were rendering out between 10-18 seconds per frame @ 2k resolutions. Not too bad. Cycles, for the same scene, was taking almost triple that amount of time, even with low samples and denoising.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.