Sun, Sep 15, 6:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 4:19 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: How About A Poser Only Website?

BabaBozo ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2020 at 8:34 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nobody has suggestions??? Isn't that a violation of Internet law or something? :-)

How about putting everything Poser all on one website? Posersoftware.com seems the obvious candidate. Poser software, Poser content, Poser users, Poser conversations, Poser tutorials, Poser galleries. Everything Poser, all in one place.

Why do I have to keep seeing Daz, Daz, Daz, Daz, Daz, Daz, Daz, Daz,Daz, Daz,Daz, Daz,Daz, Daz,Daz, Daz,Daz, Daz,Daz, Daz, everywhere I go, even on the marketplace run by the owners of Poser? I find this interruption disturbing, alienating, confusing, disorienting, blasphemous and an OUTRAGEOUS!!! assault on my delicate artistic sensibilities!!! :-)

Seriously. Most vendors don't use their websites to promote the competition.

3Dpixi ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 2:47 AM

? Agree with the thoughts and the idea ?

BabaBozo ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 6:43 AM

Thank you for your support of the Holy Poser Jihad.

One thing I'd particularly like to see on a Poser-only website is an animation section. It seems to me that's where Poser really shines. I hope to be able to make some modest contribution to such a section before too much longer.

3Dpixi ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 8:20 AM

it's not up to me to decide any of this ? .. and it will be a lot of work to set up to make it reality ?

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2020 at 2:13 PM

I really wish the division of attitudes between DAZ and Poser would end. In the beginning, DAZ was the largest provider of Poser content. The owners of Poser software didn't produce much content. Many of us didn't mind. DAZ content worked fine in Poser. Now DAZ's newest content won't work in Poser. It's time for Bondware to dramatically increase production of Poser native content in order to keep Posers owners like myself happy.

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2020 at 4:39 PM

I totally agree. There's too many DAZ Studio items on Renderosity when originally DAZ produced Poser models. Renderosity Marketplace is predominantly DAZ Studio models now, and far too many female items. A new male model was created for Poser 11, and it's going the same way that M4 did. I still use M4 and V4 mostly. New figures mean having to buy all new wardrobes for them. The male characters always get cheated in that regard then vendors drop support or limit what they produce while female characters have the Hollywood closet of their dreams. I know, men's clothing are boring or maybe not much fun creating.

I agree there should be a Poser-only website even if it isn't Renderosity--and not include any DAZ Studio items since they already have too many options.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

ronaldknights ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2020 at 4:52 PM

This is all so un-necessarily complicated, in my opinion. Renderosity likely makes a lot of money from DAZ Studio content. Yet the overwhelming attitude in most Poser-related discussions here is anti-DAZ. At the same time, Renderosity has failed to produce their own Poser content in quantities to rival DAZ.

whbos ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2020 at 7:15 PM

True. I blame the vendors who are not supporting Poser or the ones who did before and no longer support it. It makes no sense to me if they still have the software, but probably easier for them to not have to convert it. I'm just glad there are still some faithful vendors providing content I can use. Many times I buy it and never get around to using it. I will never move to DAZ Studio. I always hated the interface and found it confusing. They have a lot of nice content, but if Poser can't read it I can't buy it.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.