Thu, Oct 3, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: New Forum Banner

keppel ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2020 at 7:51 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 7:48 AM

This message is directed to the forums moderators/co-ordinator. The current forum banner is a work of mine that I did back in 2014 and it was uploaded as the forum masthead at that time and has been there ever since. It was made in Blender 2.71. I think it's time to take it down and give someone else an opportunity to have their artwork at the head of the forum. I propose a competition thread be set up where the Blender community here can submit their artwork to be voted on. I suggest that we use my thread to gauge interest in doing this and discussing the terms of the competition, such as how much contribution Blender needs to have made to the final artwork.

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2020 at 12:28 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello keppel

I will have to check with the Admin on how they might want to handle something like that I believe it is a good idea and maybe and hopefully some others will chime in and give their thoughts to gauge how much interest there would be in such a challenge. I will bring this to the admins attention and see how it goes from there. But great idea and suggestion

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

CHMedia ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2020 at 1:54 PM

That is a great idea I will get the team together. Thank you.

Warlock279 ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2020 at 3:26 PM · edited Mon, 21 September 2020 at 3:27 PM

We did that in the LightWave forum years and years ago [the current mods removed them tho :/ ], a couple times actually I think. If I recall the way it was done over there, was the top three as voted by the community were put into rotation, so that each page load you'd get a random one. Doesn't necessarily have to be a one banner to rule them all situation.

Was a really popular challenge, cause it allowed for smaller, quicker works than most other challenges did, the forum was a lot livelier back then tho.

Core i7 950@3.02GHz | 12GB Corsair Dominator Ram@1600mHz | 2GB Geforce GTX 660

Lightwave | Blender | Marmoset | GIMP | Krita

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2020 at 4:47 PM

I am interested. ?

My website

YouTube Channel

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2020 at 7:40 PM

I'm interested as well, though can't say if I'll be able to come up with anything worthy of a forum banner, but I'd certainly like to try. 😄

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.