Wed, Oct 2, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: You fixed it!

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 6:44 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

The hierarchy still isn't collapsed, but as far as I can tell you've fixed the keyboard shortcuts, which were the major workflow obstacle. I've been running through my usual workflow in the usual order, and (so far!) the Ctrl-commands work every time, without any focus switching or mouse clicking.

You win! I'll switch and I'll buy the upgrade.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 6:48 AM

The 'log' is also a nice new feature, not advertised. It's always helpful to go back and see what happened and what I did.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 7:01 AM

No, I take it back. You've killed TkInter, which kills most of the Python. I'm not going to spend half my time rewriting a thousand useful scripts.

Unless there's a way to reinstall TkInter, this is a deal-breaker.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 7:10 AM

TkInter is there in the python/libs folder, but it's not being recognized when Poser starts a script. "No module named Tkinter"

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 7:29 AM

This might mean that the P12 installer simply isn't putting the Tkinter location into the Windows registry? Or competing with the registry location for P11, which is still installed?

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

HartyBart ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 8:11 AM · edited Tue, 03 November 2020 at 8:11 AM

There is what appears to be a Tkinter fix for Poser 12 - see a comment in the Poser Python Scripting forum here... "download the latest Python then copy the tcl8.6 and tk8.6 dirs to the runtime/python/lib directory. I think the tkinter directory also has to be copied."

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2020 at 8:46 AM

Okay, I'll try that.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.