Fri, Sep 20, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Which operateing system to get?2000 or NT userstandpoint

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 8:00 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Which one would be the best...for the other question all I had to do was pic up the box...DUH

troezi ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 9:06 AM

W2k is alot more robust, NT crashed a lot more often

Bia ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 10:21 AM

I have win 2000 and I really like it don't know what XP will be like, but I guess it will be an improvement? I know that's not a given though, knowing Microsoft... :)

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 1:19 PM

Check your hardware and make sure that there are drivers for your hardware. There may be issues with drivers.

Schurby ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 1:45 PM

I'm finding out about hardware and drivers with the new Dell with ME that I got. I'm to the point where I'm just going to network my old dell if it's possible. Haven't even loaded Bryce or Poser or Photoshop to see how they'll work.

Schurby

Shannara ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 2:19 PM

Go for Win2k. That way you get the NT base, with more stability and have more compatibility with software and hardware. Also WinXP is a POS. It is worse then Win2k in hardware and software compatibility (don't listen to the hype, it's all lies). And, you need a more powerful computer just to run the bloatware XP on a decent speed.

foleypro ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 6:32 PM

OK folks I decided that I would go for win2K thanks a buch you all were very helpful thanks again

yggdrasil ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 8:12 AM

I've installed Win XP Beta 2 on three different computers (including a Pentium II 300MHz with "old" components) and never encountered any problems with any of the hardware drivers. The XP disc found all the hardware and installed the necessary drivers (except my Wacom tablet, but the Win 2000 drivers for that worked fine under XP). I don't recommend running the new desktop "theme" on a computer as old the P300, but it's stable and not noticably slower than Win2000 (using the "classic" theme). On a fast modern machine the new style interface has grown on me and I leave it turned on all the time now. Just by two pennies worth. - Mark

Mark

Deathbringer ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 2:11 PM

Yeah me either??? I installed it on my old POS 450amd compaq and never saw any probs and it found all the hardware drivers it needed "even on a compaq".. Not sure what Shannara is talking about. I love W2K though, it is a very user friendly interface compared to NT4.

jsa2001 ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 7:39 PM

GO FOR WINXP THERES NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AND BRYCE. AS REGARDS TO THE WACOM TABLET DOWN LOAD THE LATEST DRIVER AND IT WILL WORK!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.