Sun, Sep 29, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: ClothRoom and Poser 12

Tipol ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 3:14 AM ยท edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 4:30 PM
Online Now!

I looked at the news of Poser 12 versus Poser 11 but I don't see anything regarding the clothroom or the rigging of conforming clothes. Are there any novelties concerning it ? You will tell me that I just have to read what was published on it but I did it, maybe it is known at the language barrier, reading English is not easy for me. Thank you for help.

metaclouds ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 4:30 AM

Bonjour . J' ai moi mรจme รฉpluchรฉ les publications ,et n'est rien trouvรฉ ร  ce sujet.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 7:03 AM

It wasn't on the list of changes. I did see someone post saying the cloth room works much better than it did in Poser 11, but I haven't tried it yet myself.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 10:48 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 November 2020 at 10:48 AM

Cloth room works well, here is a very rough result of using M4 Charming Prince pants on L'Homme, no issues. Well, apart from having to fix all textures, but that's the issue every time I open anything in the new program.

cppantstest12.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 12:48 PM

I confirm: here is Remi (La Femme) wearing a vic4 dynamic dress. Looks great ๐Ÿ˜„

Remi 1.png

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 1:03 PM

This is good news, as I use the Cloth Room fairly regularly.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Tipol ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 8:18 AM
Online Now!

ok thank you all, so no new features but it works well, on the other hand at the level of the textures of old products it seems to pose problems.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 23 November 2020 at 8:20 AM

Tipol posted at 8:19AM Mon, 23 November 2020 - #4405583

ok thank you all, so no new features but it works well, on the other hand at the level of the textures of old products it seems to pose problems.

Concerning the textures, you may benefit from Poser 12's new PrincipledBsdf Cycles nodes, check this thread:

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

MNE ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 11:13 AM

I also love Cloth Room. But this room hasn't evolved much anymore. DAZ dForce seems to be in fashion now, Cloth simulation in Cloth Room will also be popular in POSER if Cloth Room becomes easier to use.

Of course, the accuracy will increase, but For more users and vendors to use it easily, if there is an easy-to-understand interface and presets for each cloth, I think it will be easier for everyone to use and many Cloth Room fans will be able to do it. There was also a script of PhilC's cloth preset, but it doesn't work with POSER12. I think that these presets should be supported by POSER itself.

Keeping the current interface If all the parameters of fabrication depend on the user, Light users and new POSER12 users who enter this room will leave this room again immediately.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 4:32 PM ยท edited Fri, 27 November 2020 at 4:33 PM

I am sorry but I am slowly getting tired of these continuous comparisons between The Studio and Poser...

dForce is for... dForce-enabled items only, while the Cloth Room works with everything, from what I've heard.

That being said, please, let the crew take the time to make things evolve: P12 is an early access, not a definitive product. For me, the cloth room works, and P12 renders dramatically faster, that's great as is, for an early access.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 7:55 PM

The Cloth Room works pretty well these days. Back when it was introduced, in Poser 5, it took a lot of processing power compared to the average machine, and there were often serious memory issues. There are still occasional memory issues, but overall, it's not too bad.

If you buy or download dynamic clothing, it generally comes with presets set by its creator. You don't have to mess around with the settings unless you want to. I guess choosing these presets requires some knowledge and experimentation, but I doubt it's more difficult than creating conforming clothing.

It's the Hair Room I wish worked better. Heck, I still haven't found Superfly hair shaders I really like.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 9:18 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

dforce dress test.jpg

Here's a dforce dress I put on lafemme and ran through the cloth room. It worked well.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

MNE ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 6:30 PM

The cloth room can handle many clothes (including conform clothes that have been re-stored in OBJ). Yes, POSER's cloth room is very good with flexible settings and I love it. In POSER's cloth room, you can set various clothing movements and atmospheres.

However, I don't think it can be used intuitively, which is the selling point of POSER.

I've been able to spend so much time learning it a little, so it's okay as it is. However, I think that many light users do not have time to study, do not even understand the meaning of groups and parameters, and can only handle clothes for cloth rooms.

Many users enjoy the cloth room and utilize their existing assets I think you'll need a minimal cloth type preset for the parameters and a polite tutorial?

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 7:46 PM

I'm not sure I agree that Poser's selling point is being intuitive. I think DAZ Studio is aiming for that market. I've always seen Poser as a more "prosumer" package. (Though I wonder if that might change with the new owners.)

Anyway, the defaults in the cloth room work fairly well. The average user isn't going to make their own clothing, but if you just want to drape cloth over furniture or people, the default settings work okay. La Femme with the hi-res square dropped on her head, default settings:

cloth.png

And if you buy dynamic clothing, it generally comes with a tutorial, or a link to one.

I remember when Poser 5 first came out, there was a popular tutorial with a waving flag. (There are still several like that out there.) That was a pretty good start. Simple, but you have do things like set choreographed groups to keep the flag from falling off the pole. And someone made a list of "recipes" of cloth settings for the cloth room. Canvas, silk, latex, etc. PhilC wrote an app that simplified making dynamic clothing for those who wanted to try it but didn't want to get into modeling. There was a lot of excitement over dynamic cloth when it first came out.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 8:04 PM

That hi-res square you draped appears to be intersecting itself in the front!

It would be nice to separate animation from fit for dynamic clothing. One of the reasons I have not started using dynamic clothing is because I tend to do a series of story board type images in the same scene, but not animation per se (so they might not flow smoothly). That's a bit impractical if before every output frame I need to insert a zeroed pose and a bunch of intermediate frames for the dynamic fit to work. Perhaps there is a good way to work around that? It hasn't been obvious without investing the time to learn it. I do have some in my library I've been meaning to try (for a long time).

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2020 at 4:11 AM

Y-Phil posted at 4:09AM Tue, 01 December 2020 - #4405869

I am sorry but I am slowly getting tired of these continuous comparisons between The Studio and Poser...

dForce is for... dForce-enabled items only, while the Cloth Room works with everything, from what I've heard.

That being said, please, let the crew take the time to make things evolve: P12 is an early access, not a definitive product. For me, the cloth room works, and P12 renders dramatically faster, that's great as is, for an early access.

You can apply dforce to any object. Applying it to hairs or clothing that are made well usually ends up looking really good. I still prefer Poser's Cloth Room though, the sheer amount of options simply makes it so much more customizable and once you understand it, so much more powerful.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2020 at 1:14 PM

ChromeStar posted at 1:07PM Tue, 01 December 2020 - #4406096

That hi-res square you draped appears to be intersecting itself in the front!

Results would probably be better with "cloth self collision" checked, but I wanted to use the default settings.

It would be nice to separate animation from fit for dynamic clothing. One of the reasons I have not started using dynamic clothing is because I tend to do a series of story board type images in the same scene, but not animation per se (so they might not flow smoothly). That's a bit impractical if before every output frame I need to insert a zeroed pose and a bunch of intermediate frames for the dynamic fit to work. Perhaps there is a good way to work around that? It hasn't been obvious without investing the time to learn it. I do have some in my library I've been meaning to try (for a long time).

It probably would be more intuitive if you didn't have animate. I know that seems to be a stumbling block for a lot of people.

A series of poses works pretty well. Poser will interpolate between them and turn them into a fairly smooth animation. That would probably work pretty well for a storyboard.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 6:50 PM

randym77 posted at 6:47PM Fri, 04 December 2020 - #4406095

I'm not sure I agree that Poser's selling point is being intuitive. I think DAZ Studio is aiming for that market. I've always seen Poser as a more "prosumer" package. (Though I wonder if that might change with the new owners.)

Anyway, the defaults in the cloth room work fairly well. The average user isn't going to make their own clothing, but if you just want to drape cloth over furniture or people, the default settings work okay. La Femme with the hi-res square dropped on her head, default settings:

And if you buy dynamic clothing, it generally comes with a tutorial, or a link to one.

I remember when Poser 5 first came out, there was a popular tutorial with a waving flag. (There are still several like that out there.) That was a pretty good start. Simple, but you have do things like set choreographed groups to keep the flag from falling off the pole. And someone made a list of "recipes" of cloth settings for the cloth room. Canvas, silk, latex, etc. PhilC wrote an app that simplified making dynamic clothing for those who wanted to try it but didn't want to get into modeling. There was a lot of excitement over dynamic cloth when it first came out.

Don't forget to lower the "Collision offset" and "Collision Depth", in the "Cloth Collision Objects". With the default value (=1), it looks like the cloth is floating above the skin. I frequently use 0.3, whereas I frequently used to.... forget to change this ๐Ÿ˜„

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.