Sat, Oct 5, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Converting old conforming clothing to superconforming

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 1:12 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:21 AM

My recollection of this is as per Nerd3D's old guide, i.e. change all the :1 (or whatevers) to :2 and all the Figure 1 (or whatevers) to Figure 2, and then add a valueOpDeltaAdd to each master dial in the Body to slave it to Figure 1, BODY:1, with the appropriate parameter name.

However, looking at some M4 superconforming items bought from DAZ, they don't appear to do it this way. Instead, all the slaved targetGeom channels have a valueOpDeltaAdd to slave them to just Figure (no suffix), BODY (no suffix), and the appropriate parameter name. They have master dials in the Body, but these are NOT slaved to anything. It appears that these master dials only work when the clothing item is NOT conformed to anything. When the item is conformed to M4 they have no effect - the individual targetGeom channels in the conformer appear to be slaved directly to the master dial in the target.

So my question is this: what's the recommended way to convert old conforming clothing to superconforming nowadays ?

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 9:38 AM · edited Tue, 08 December 2020 at 9:40 AM

I've just been playing and noticed some unexpected behaviour.

If you twiddle one of the slaved dials in any of the superconformer body parts, then it behaves as if you'd actually twiddled the master dial - i.e. the master dial and all its slaved dials are set to whatever value you set.

So using the old way (change :1 to :2 etc), twiddling any superconformer body part slaved dial sets the master dial and all slaved dials.

But using the M4 items way (no suffixes), twiddling any superconformer body part slaved dial sets the master dial on the main figure. and all slaved dials on the superconformer.

(I'm using Poser 11)

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 12:35 PM
Online Now!

Are you sure you want to convert conforming clothing to superconforming? As I recall, superconforming would break very easily when saved back into the Library, probably the reason why it was never widely used for everything.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 10:34 PM

It's more that I want to create additional superconforming versions of the clothing that I use the most.

I wasn't aware of any problems when saving superconformers back to the library, although I can imagine that the :2 and Figure suffixes might well get screwed up.

But I'm creating them by editing the CR2, and once done that's it - I'll never want to save them back to the library again. Except of course if they're saved as part of a scene, or as a multi-figure character, e.g. a figure plus clothing. So I assume this is where they're likely to break ? I'll have to check that out

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 6:12 AM · edited Wed, 09 December 2020 at 6:16 AM

WandW has just pointed out over on the DAZ equivalent thread that I can "In the Properties tab of the Body Actor of the conformer, check Include Morphs."

A quick test seems to indicate that simply ticking that box and saving the clothing item back to the figures library (under a new name) creates a superconformer. Need to compare the CR2s to see exactly what it did though.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 10:12 AM
Online Now!

Then that should solve your problem. There have been many changes in Poser since Nerd3D posted that guide, so it may not be necessary to rehash that old workaround if a solution is already at hand.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 7:23 PM

3dcheapskate posted at 7:16PM Wed, 09 December 2020 - #4406795

A quick test seems to indicate that simply ticking that box and saving the clothing item back to the figures library (under a new name) creates a superconformer. Need to compare the CR2s to see exactly what it did though.

Just to save you some comparison time, I can tell you that It adds a new flag ...

conformMorphs 1

... to the Figure block near the end of the .cr2, between the addChild / weld sections and the material definitions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.