Sun, Oct 6, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: This morning all my models supported by M4 and V4 have disappeared.

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 1:51 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 2:20 AM

I am have Poser 12 and Poser 11 on the same system. This morning when I launched Poser 12, all of my V4 and M4 based characters failed to load. The thumbnails for the figures are there but the figures do not load. In Poser 11 Pro however, the figures load normally. Can anyone explain this disappearance and give me any clues as to how I can fix it?

structure ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 12:01 PM
Forum Coordinator

Did the figures work in p12 before?

Locked Out

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 3:58 AM

Yes they used to work.. As indicated I am running both 11 Pro and 12 on the same machine. Below I have attached the scene in Poser 11 Pro, the same scene in Poser 12 and the message I get when I launch in Poser 12 (for V4). I suspect that Poser 12 is not finding a file that Poser 11Pro has no problem discovering. But I don't know how to fix that. Any clues? structure posted at 3:46AM Tue, 08 December 2020 - #4406495

Did the figures work in p12 before?J & P scene Poser12.PNGMessage when attempting to load V4 12-7-20.PNGJ & P scene Poser11Pro.PNG

WIN 10, 64 bit, 32GB RAM DELL AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core, 5TB

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 6:01 AM

How many runtimes do you have?

I use multiple runtimes, and I get that error message when a runtime used in the scene isn't attached to Poser.

If that's not it, see if setting the File Depth Search to "Deep" fixes it. (General Preferences, Library tab.)

PenelopeFlynn ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 12:10 PM

Thank you. It is already set to deep. I simply cannot explain it. The only thing I can think of that I did before this debacle is upload models from DAZ using the installer. But I don't see how that could cause this issue. I'm open to suggestions. randym77 posted at 12:05PM Wed, 09 December 2020 - #4406702

I use multiple runtimes, and I get that error message when a runtime used in the scene isn't attached to Poser.

If that's not it, see if setting the File Depth Search to "Deep" fixes it. (General Preferences, Library tab.)

ChromeStar ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 1:30 PM

Is there anything relevant in the notifications? Click the little speech bubble in the upper right corner to check. (Not the bell with the number, that's news from Renderosity. The one next to it.)

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 1:43 PM

How many runtimes do you have? Since it works in P11 but not P12, the runtime it's looking for may not be attached to P12.

What happens if you navigate to the missing file? It's looking for blMilWom_v4b, which should be in Runtime->Geometries->DAZPeople.

Rendis ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:48 PM

PenelopeFlynn posted at 8:45PM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406807

Thank you. It is already set to deep. I simply cannot explain it. The only thing I can think of that I did before this debacle is upload models from DAZ using the installer. But I don't see how that could cause this issue. I'm open to suggestions. randym77 posted at 12:05PM Wed, 09 December 2020 - #4406702

I'm not so sure deep search is working in Poser 12. I find it saking for any geometry or texture that isn't in the p12 runtime. I also use multiple runtimes and never had an issue unless I lost the file in a HD crash or something. I'm really starting to wonder if P12 was entirely worth it.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 11:20 PM

I'm not so sure deep search is working in Poser 12. I find it saking for any geometry or texture that isn't in the p12 runtime. I also use multiple runtimes and never had an issue unless I lost the file in a HD crash or something. I'm really starting to wonder if P12 was entirely worth it.

I haven't had any problems with content in other runtimes. Did you add those libraries in Poser 12?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 3:48 AM · edited Fri, 11 December 2020 at 3:49 AM

Just my two-cents of suggestions.

Loading a CR2 file is, at least in the case of M4, among other things, reading the geometry file ":Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilMan_m4b.obj". So, are you sure that you have this file in one of P12's runtimes? Is there one and only one occurrence? Mine is 7.43Mb.

The same reference to the geometry file should be in your pz3 file, too.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

Rendis ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 7:04 AM · edited Fri, 11 December 2020 at 7:05 AM

Y-Phil posted at 6:59AM Fri, 11 December 2020 - #4407069

Just my two-cents of suggestions.

Loading a CR2 file is, at least in the case of M4, among other things, reading the geometry file ":Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilMan_m4b.obj". So, are you sure that you have this file in one of P12's runtimes? Is there one and only one occurrence? Mine is 7.43Mb.

The same reference to the geometry file should be in your pz3 file, too.

OK. Color me confused. My Poser 12 Runtime is rather sparse as the program has issues installing content on its own. I have numerous runtimes, including those from Poser 6,7,10 and 11. My M4 base is in the P7 runtime. I never had an issue with any version of Poser finding things in the runtimes where they reside. So you're saying that Poser 12 prefers that everything goes in ITS runtime. It would be enormous and unwieldy, which is the purpose of having multiple runtimes. Strange.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 7:52 AM

Don't misunderstand that statement. I have multiple runtimes with content spanning over several versions of Poser also, including Generation 4 base figures installed in a P7 runtime. No problems in loading any of those figures into P12.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 9:08 AM

I typically have a couple of dozen runtimes attached at any given time. Poser 12 does not have any problem with this...except when the scene was created with things from runtimes that aren't attached. Attaching the missing runtime(s) fixes the problem.

Penelope, where do you have your DAZ figures installed? If they are in the Poser 11 runtime, you have to attach that runtime to Poser 12.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.