Wed, Sep 18, 7:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser 12 Jump or Wait

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 4:35 PM

Genesis+ figures can still be loaded into Poser 12. If you have P11 and load DS figures through DSON, set the subdivision to zero, resave your figure back to the Poser Library, and create a new obj file when asked. Open P12 and load Genesis+ into the scene. Be sure to run Willdial's Genesis 3 Poser Importer on G3/G8 figures to restore facial expressions.

joker2000 ( ) posted Tue, 24 November 2020 at 4:51 PM

That sounds good. Is there any toutorial for this procedure? I work with G2 and G8 in Poser 11. If there was a way to work with this figures in Poser 12 also it wouild worth to try it.

PanzerEmerald ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2020 at 2:15 PM

Is Poser 12 going to be supported on MacOS and if so, will it run under the Big Sur update?

I only ask because Daz Studio won't work under Big Sur -and likely won't until mid-2021, and while I think the $200+ price tag for Poser is absolutely ridiculous, I'm open to looking at possible alternatives.

ader ( ) posted Sun, 29 November 2020 at 1:56 PM

Fingers crossed for Poser12 on BigSur as Poser11 seems to work on it fine (rosetta2).

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 11:36 AM

Folks have to keep in mind that this current release of Poser is for early adopters with notations that things are still being finessed and fixed. Python scripts, including Netherworks and Ralf's are being updated and will work in Poser 12. Give it some time. DSON is on DAZ's side of the fence and I highly doubt that will be updated so as suggested please do not uninstall Poser 11 to keep scripts and DSON working for you that you need! Poser 12 is finally entering into the here and now and of course there will be hiccups along the way, the beta team, me included, are doing our very best to have the main release be it's very best.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

false1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 4:49 PM

I'm not sure why Bondware would issue what is essentially a beta version for money. Affinity issues open betas for free all the time. They stop working once the full version comes out and they don't even use DRM. Daz is, obviously, free and Blender allows the user base to make suggestions or even fix plugin code starting at the alpha stage. I don't see much positive in this and if I were paying money the promise of updates to come would not be very satisfying.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

moogal ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 12:48 PM · edited Tue, 08 December 2020 at 12:50 PM

Looks like mostly tweaks to things I don't use or need... Does the hierarchy window still default to expanded? Does it remember my compression settings when changing from jpg to png and back? Does the program now minimize properly when rendering? Do I still have to type a file name to update a file that's already in the library? Does saving my file from the menu update the library thumb? Does it still allow pzz and pz3 files to co-exist while sharing a thumbnail that it will delete if either of the associated files are deleted? Does it still prompt me to find geometry files yet often brings up the very folder said file is in? Does it still let you have a different camera selected than the one you have chosen from the navigation widget?

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 10:30 AM

I'm waiting; I was pretty happy with PP Game Dev, and regretted purchasing Poser 11 early because the new features turned out to be not worth the additional cost to me. Of course, PP Game Dev is now dead, but in compensation, I now have two licenses to a program I don't use... 😾

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Mon, 14 December 2020 at 11:46 AM

I'm waiting. I don't want to have to keep updating with new versions. I'll let the pros test it out. I'm only a hobbyist, after all. I can afford to wait. But I'll be buying Poser 12, for sure. Maybe after we get a new Congress (with any luck).

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

CobraBlade ( ) posted Tue, 15 December 2020 at 4:30 PM

I'm eager to jump in... but I want to be able to load up any scenes I created in Poser 11, hit render and end up with the same result in Poser 12... As I use Superfly it doesn't sound like Poser 12 is at that point yet. As soon as I can do that, I'm in.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

keener ( ) posted Thu, 24 December 2020 at 10:34 AM

have the rtx 3070 working after first up date, some say yes others no, help please....

ShaneNewville ( ) posted Wed, 30 December 2020 at 2:19 AM · edited Wed, 30 December 2020 at 2:24 AM

If you're an animator, definitely wait till they fix Poser up some more. Sadly things have been broken and left unfixed in the past few versions. Poser Pro 2014 (10.0.5.28925) is still the best version for animation as far as my experience over the years goes.
Unfortunately I don't think you can buy this anymore.

I think they are aware of the issues. Its just a small team though so gotta be patient.

gangnam.png

Previs Dummies 2

moogal ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 7:44 PM

moogal posted at 7:43PM Mon, 15 February 2021 - #4406724

Looks like mostly tweaks to things I don't use or need... Does the hierarchy window still default to expanded? Does it remember my compression settings when changing from jpg to png and back? Does the program now minimize properly when rendering? Do I still have to type a file name to update a file that's already in the library? Does saving my file from the menu update the library thumb? Does it still allow pzz and pz3 files to co-exist while sharing a thumbnail that it will delete if either of the associated files are deleted? Does it still prompt me to find geometry files yet often brings up the very folder said file is in? Does it still let you have a different camera selected than the one you have chosen from the navigation widget?

Really curious... Can anyone tell me if any of these things have been changed in any way in the new release?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.