Wed, Sep 18, 11:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Anyone still using Bryce?

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 11:52 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Are there any community render competitions or friendly 'show us your renders' posts for Bryce? I just started using Bryce again now that I'm retired. Thought that I might find some activity here from Bryce users but it is a bit quiet. Anyway, I've been gone a long, long time and hopping right back in. I'll check in every so often to see what's happening, thanks.

judyk ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 3:42 AM

I still use Bryce, but yes, it's a bit quiet here. All the Bryce art gets posed in the galleries. Perhaps we should start a "show us you renders" thread? Let's see what TheBryster says!

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 8:20 AM

I'm still using Bryce as well when time permits. Lots of brycers have migrated to the Daz forum so this site is no longer the vibrant forum it once was. Nice to see you back Burpee.

Cheers GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

Burpee ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 1:42 PM

Hi Kiwi, older and a lot more tired but I'm still hanging in there.

I have a silly question but I need help. How in the world do I get to just the Bryce gallery? I tried searching for Bryce and I get very old Bryce images and images made in other programs with the word 'Bryce' in the title. I was in the Bryce gallery the other day but can't remember how I got there...ugh. I'll link it next time.

Also, I have never known how to get a link to my gallery to share with others. If I copy the url it's only for me (https) and it won't let others in.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 2:10 PM

I don't know, I just got to your gallery easily. I used the link to my gallery, and just changed Miss B to Burpee, and it worked.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/gallery/artist/Burpee

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

judyk ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 2:28 PM

Burpee posted at 2:24PM Fri, 04 December 2020 - #4406436

Hi Kiwi, older and a lot more tired but I'm still hanging in there.

I have a silly question but I need help. How in the world do I get to just the Bryce gallery? I tried searching for Bryce and I get very old Bryce images and images made in other programs with the word 'Bryce' in the title. I was in the Bryce gallery the other day but can't remember how I got there...ugh. I'll link it next time.

Second line down on the top of the home page, click on: Galleries > Sections > Bryce

That gives you the Bryce images only, latest shown first.

Burpee ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 2:44 PM

Thank you both Miss B and Judyk!! I'm going to bookmark it.

Ang25 ( ) posted Mon, 14 December 2020 at 8:18 PM

It's been so long since I've been back to this forum. I used to be a regular back in 2002 to 2006 ish. I remember Burpee and Kiwi_gg amongst others. I've just retired, but have so much to do, not sure I will ever be able to get back into Bryce.Sad to see how few remain here.

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2020 at 7:38 PM

Hi Ang25, this forum seems to be abandoned. The Bryce forum at Daz 3D is still kicking. I started an abstract thread and the artwork has been amazing. they are all so creative.
I retired a while back but hubby is retiring early 2021. We were going to travel but Covid 19 has us indoors for now. I'm just now getting back into Bryce. I spent quite some time after retirement doing the catch-up list. You'll eventually finish them all like I did then we'll see you creating new Bryce work.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 17 December 2020 at 10:45 PM

Ohhh, that's the only forum at DAZ I'll venture into now-a-days. I've done some abstract art with Bryce, and have a couple/three up in my Gallery, though they were from about 3 years ago. I have to say thanks to Horo and David Brinnen, as those two gentlemen know their Bryce, that's for sure. I've learned a lot from them over the years.

I really should get back to using it more often again.

Butterfly Dezignz

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2020 at 3:05 PM

I retired 7 years ago,lasted about 6 weeks before going back to work. Difference now is I get to choose my jobs and what hours I work. I too have learnt a lot from David and Horo. Cheers GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

Burpee ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2020 at 6:53 PM

Hey Miss B and Kiwi_gg, I'm doing David Brinnen tutorials right now. He's so talented. Horo/BryceHoro is very busy with us in the forum. I love his artwork and he's so helpful when we have a question. He also has an amazing website full of information and archived threads. Rashad even showed up to answer a question on how to make a wine material. People are still around.

Kiwi, I did temp work for two years before going back to college and getting my degree. They were wonderful years. Like you say, I could pick and choose what jobs wanted, how long I wanted to work and I worked enough hours to get a paid vacation. They were always offering me permanent positions which made me feel good. I don't want to go to a job anymore and am really looking forward to traveling with hubby and playing golf. I'll load Bryce onto my laptop and take it with me.

Ang25 ( ) posted Sat, 19 December 2020 at 10:29 AM

Seems like the only people coming here are us older folks. Well I guess if I ever dust off my Bryce program, I'll head over to DAZ. Facebook has a Bryce group, I've never posted on it, just like to see what's still being created. Take care everyone. Ang

Burpee ( ) posted Wed, 23 December 2020 at 10:17 PM

Ang25, sorry I haven't popped in in a few days. I didn't know that about Facebook. Maybe I'll check that out. Have a great holiday to all and Merry Christmas to those of us who celebrate it.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 5:42 PM

Bryce Forever!!

Yup, still use it, never really stopped in the last 20 years...slowed down sure, but will probably never stop!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 27 December 2020 at 6:44 PM

Agent, so I went and had a look at your gallery. 2018, I think...but what cool 'whatknots'. Really like the mats you applied.

emangl ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 5:21 PM

since i found now the answer about the problem with the color picker bryce is making fun again - only i need a few more arms to do poser, daz and bryce at the same time

Burpee ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 11:00 PM

@emangl, lol. Me too.

wildman2 ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 6:02 PM

Yup. Even more so now that I'm retired hehehe.

"Reinstall Windows" is NOT a troubleshooting step.

Burpee ( ) posted Thu, 31 December 2020 at 8:41 PM

Hey Wildman2, good to see you....keep on Brycing!

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 01 January 2021 at 1:40 PM

Happy New Year Brycers!! 😄

Butterfly Dezignz

Burpee ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2021 at 12:41 PM

Happy New Year to you and everyone! Please let 2021 be a better year....please.

kanaa ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 6:06 AM

Happy new year, Burpee and all of ya brycers! I am also still around, but modeling in 3dmax takes most of my time nowadays at the computer. Still I do fire Bryce up more than twice a year...! Moved to Spain from Norway, mow we are enjoying a sunny January:)

My store: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=410087

Burpee ( ) posted Sun, 03 January 2021 at 9:52 AM

Ooo Spain. We just had more inches of snow last night. A lovely, warm breeze is just what I need. Kanaa, had a look at your store. Very cool vehicles and some are very imaginative as well.

I'm actually at a crossroads right now. I have frames and paints and lots of cool software programs that I never fully dove into. Just not sure that I can remember enough to learn to use them. I'm now a senior, which isn't that old, but my brain is old. Too much anesthesia and radiation, I think. Well, if I keep it active maybe I'll grow some new dendrites, lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.