Thu, Sep 19, 9:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Panels docked or floating options:

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 8:35 PM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 3:17 PM

Will Poser 12 finally have it fixed so panels docked are default now? I hate the allow drag and drop docking being the default, sometimes I forget to lock them down and once they get moved (accidentally) getting them back is a hassle!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
ย  ย  ย BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

ChromeStar ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 9:42 PM

Before Poser 12, I didn't even know you could lock those! Man, that would have saved a lot of trouble!

It would be nice if that docking menu had an option "enable/disable docking for ALL panels" so you didn't have to go around to all of them. Because how often do you only want one panel to be changeable and not the rest? Typically you are either moving things around, or you are working.

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 12:41 AM

Quick fix:

Save this into a file ("dontdrag.py" or whatever you like). From Poser Menu use "File -> Run Python Script" and point to the file you saved.

from __future__ import print_function

for p in poser.WxAuiManager().GetAllPanes():
    p.Movable(False).Dockable(True).Dock().Floatable(False)

print("Done.")

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 12:43 AM

All Poser windows are fixed after the script is run. If you want to undock a window, you have to change the flag for this window first.

jarek2001 ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 4:35 AM

Thanks apd001!

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 1:12 PM

Thank you! I don't have this issue often, but it's good to have a nice simple code to fix the panels when it does happen. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 1:00 PM

@ adp001: Many thanks!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
ย  ย  ย BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

malcolm474 ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2021 at 4:00 PM

The Animation Control Panel does not open in the Pose Room. The drop-down says that it is open, but it is only visible in the Material Room. It doesn't matter whether or not the panel is docked or not. I have tried using CTL-SHFT-P to open it and that is not different. This was not an issue until I installed the last update which I believe was the 12/22 one. I still have Poser Pro 11.3 on my computer and the Animation Control Panel appears in that program. I have also noticed that windowed panels are very eager to dock if I try to move them. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2021 at 4:21 PM

malcolm474 posted at 4:13PM Sun, 10 January 2021 - #4409874

The Animation Control Panel does not open in the Pose Room. The drop-down says that it is open, but it is only visible in the Material Room. It doesn't matter whether or not the panel is docked or not. I have tried using CTL-SHFT-P to open it and that is not different. This was not an issue until I installed the last update which I believe was the 12/22 one. I still have Poser Pro 11.3 on my computer and the Animation Control Panel appears in that program. I have also noticed that windowed panels are very eager to dock if I try to move them. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

Are you sure that the animation panel isn't wrongly placed, or hidden? I mean, I have the same version as you (v12.0.340) and it's opened, and placed where I wanted it to be:

2021-01-10_23h12_52.png

Note that you can check, and correct this, in the "Poser UI Prefs_MMMMxNNNN.xml" file (MMMM and NNNN are the actual definition of your screen: widthxheight)

You can find this file with the keys combination: Windows Key + R and put in the dialog box: %appdata%poser12

Once in the file, check the occurrences of this sequence: name=AnimationPalette and compare the values between the pose room and the mat room.

You may also rename this file, but this will force Poser to create a new one, replacing all your tools windows and palettes on their default position

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

malcolm474 ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2021 at 5:27 PM

Problem solved. In the Pose Room, it was hidden behind the document window which is now docked. Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 11 January 2021 at 1:32 AM

malcolm474 posted at 1:32AM Mon, 11 January 2021 - #4409879

Problem solved. In the Pose Room, it was hidden behind the document window which is now docked. Thanks for your prompt assistance.

Great :-)

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

patlane ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2021 at 4:20 AM

Thanks adp001. A really useful share of information. Thank you. Pat :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.