Mon, Jul 8, 6:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 8:32 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: The Fate of flash

structure ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2020 at 6:25 PM ยท edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 5:18 AM
Forum Coordinator

In September, Microsoft confirmed it was ending support for Adobe Flash Player on its Chromium-based Edge and legacy Edge browsers as well as Internet Explorer 11 at the end of 2020. But the company also detailed future enterprise support options for customers that need to retain Flash for line-of-business applications.

"Microsoft Edge will allow Adobe Flash Player to load as a plug-in via the Internet Explorer mode feature. Inherently, Internet Explorer 11 will also allow this. Once you make the switch from Microsoft provided Adobe Flash Player, it will be treated as any other third-party plug-in and will not receive Customer Support from Microsoft," Microsoft said at the time.

In the past, Microsoft has worked with Adobe to deliver Flash updates for the browser plug-in in order to ensure end users were protected from exploits and malware targeting Flash Player security flaws. This new update removes Flash Player from Windows devices and cannot be uninstalled, Microsoft says in a new support note.

Microsoft has also detailed two methods that users and admins can follow to continue using Flash Player after the update is installed. Users can reset a device to an earlier system restore point. However, users need to explicitly enable this feature and a system restore point must have been created on the Windows device before the update is applied. The other option is to reinstall Windows without applying the update.

LINK to ARTICLE

Locked Out

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 28 October 2020 at 7:02 PM

Yes, I saw this in one of my tech newsletters. Personally, I think it's about time. I haven't been able to use Flash successfully for years, even when I was still using Windows 7 Pro.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 11:39 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 December 2020 at 11:42 PM

I know that Poser 6 used it's own bespoke library code and was thus immune, and that Poser 8's built-in Flash-driven library was screwed a number of times by Adobe/Microsoft updates.

So can you confirm which versions of Poser used a default Flash library, users of which (if any are left) will need to find an alternative.

Also can you identify (and link to) alternatives.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 6:10 AM
Site Admin

Posers 8, 9, and 10 and their respective Pro versions used flash. I know Poser Pro 1012 and Poser Pro 2014 also had the option of using Air by switching to the external library. I don't remember if the non-pro versions had that option.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 12:53 AM

So Poser 11's unaffected ?

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 6:13 AM
Site Admin

yes

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Mottxo ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2021 at 7:29 AM ยท edited Tue, 12 January 2021 at 7:33 AM

Hi, I use poser pro 2014 on Mac and I canยดt load the library becausefate of flash, any help? Thanks

structure ( ) posted Tue, 12 January 2021 at 5:39 PM
Forum Coordinator

If flash is preventing your library from working, the only thing I can suggest is to look for P3DO explorer

Locked Out

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 1:38 AM ยท edited Fri, 15 January 2021 at 1:39 AM

Hi Everyone; I had forgotten that Flash Player in conjunction with IE is required for Poser 10/Poser Pro 2014 and stupid me uninstalled Flash Player. I tried locating download for FP 64 bit as my OS is Win 10 but it wouldn't even run the program.

However, good news, under this link there are instructions on how to update the poser. ini file I created a copy of the ini file renamed it just in case of issue. The best new is, I'm now able to access the libraries. Here is the link https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/167656-smith-micro-poser-10-needs-flash-plug-in

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 11:37 AM

Here's an image of what it looks like In addition, you can still view the thumbs. Poser10_look.JPG
poser10_thumbs.JPG

contedesfees ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2021 at 12:42 PM
Online Now!

May I ask how Air can be used in Poser Pro 2014 to restore the library?

contedesfees ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2021 at 1:33 PM
Online Now!

contedesfees posted at 1:32PM Thu, 21 January 2021 - #4410821

May I ask how Air can be used in Poser Pro 2014 to restore the library?

Sometimes I ask stupid questions. Silly of me, but there we are.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2021 at 2:37 PM
Site Admin

contedesfees ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2021 at 5:33 PM
Online Now!

Thank you very much, RedPhantom. I do truly appreciate your assistance. I should explain that, after posting my question here, I went to PP2014's General Preferences and, on the Library tab, changed "Embedded" to "External." Upon re-launching PP2014, I found that all appeared as it should. The issue seemed resolved. That being the case, I decided that I had asked a dumb question. Even so, I'm going to apply the solutions you've provided. Thanks again for taking so much trouble. I think I'm going to have to spend more time in the Poser forums.

contedesfees ( ) posted Thu, 21 January 2021 at 7:49 PM
Online Now!

Okay, now I'm being a pain-in-the-butt. I've followed RedPhantom's generous and much-appreciated instructions and the PP2014 library is now working fine. However, now, every time I launch PP2014, the program produces a Security Alert informing me that a certificate is either invalid or out of date. The certificate is from Go Daddy and is for contentparadise.com, which no longer exists as far as I know. I've attached a pic. Can I please trouble someone once again for a remedy? Thanks to all.

Poser Prompts about Certificate.jpg

structure ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 12:03 AM
Forum Coordinator

contedesfees posted at 11:51PM Thu, 21 January 2021 - #4410841

Okay, now I'm being a pain-in-the-butt. I've followed RedPhantom's generous and much-appreciated instructions and the PP2014 library is now working fine. However, now, every time I launch PP2014, the program produces a Security Alert informing me that a certificate is either invalid or out of date. The certificate is from Go Daddy and is for contentparadise.com, which no longer exists as far as I know. I've attached a pic. Can I please trouble someone once again for a remedy? Thanks to all.

I suspect that you may need to contact godaddy ( the issuer ) since contentparadise no longer exists.

Locked Out

contedesfees ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 12:56 AM
Online Now!

@structure Yup, and thanks. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.