Sun, Sep 15, 12:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 10:05 pm)

Subject: PoserPro11 unavailable?

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Sun, 20 December 2020 at 11:35 PM ยท edited Sun, 11 August 2024 at 3:53 PM

When I tried to open PP11 today, it said I was missing some files, it couldn't open the program, and that it must be reinstalled. When I went to the Poser site here, it was listed as no longer available. How do I get PP11 reloaded??

tim ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2020 at 2:28 AM
Site Admin

Poser 11 installers can be downloaded by following link at the bottom of the main download page (https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads) or directly here: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads.

The Poser support site is at: https://support.posersoftware.com if you need further assistance.

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Mon, 21 December 2020 at 8:59 PM

Thank you:)

kelchris3 ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2021 at 6:23 PM

A few questions I have been trying to get answered. Number one does Poser 12 still have the firefly render engine? Is Poser 12 available at an upgrade price and if so is it only from Poser 11. I have 10. Can you get it on disc or discs with included content? I have satellite internet and no way I could get it all downloaded.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2021 at 6:47 PM

Yes, Poser 12 still has Firefly. Yes, there's an upgrade price, but it's only from Poser 11. (They sent out an email warning about this.)

I don't know if you can get it on disc.

kelchris3 ( ) posted Sat, 09 January 2021 at 7:01 PM

Well pooh. Without disc I'm sunk. Thank you for taking the time to answer me :)

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2021 at 11:13 AM

I believe they said it would be available on disk. However that is going to be in the future After they get the final release version complete. Currently Poser 12 is a Pre-Release, which has updates every couple of weeks, as more issues are fixed.

If you have a library near by you may be able to download the program onto a Flash drive and install it at home. They just put all the extra content zips as downloads for those people that were having issues with the program doing the install itself.

I had satellite for years myself and it was no fun. Of course back then there wasn't as much fluff using the bandwidth as there is today.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

kelchris3 ( ) posted Wed, 13 January 2021 at 11:02 PM

I started with Poser 4 liked it okay. Upgraded to 5 , steep learning curve and gave up, came back and got 10 and without the distractions of raising kids and the like I finally tackled it. LOL Love the country life but the satellite internet is killer!!! I have tethering on my phone but only have so much a month I can use it for.

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 10:33 PM

You can purchase Poser 11 for $100 US through the end of next week I believe.

https://www.posersoftware.com/store

Then purchase Poser 12 with the Poser 11 Discount saving about $20 over Poser 12 straight up... enough to get La Femme Pro if you do not already have it!

ratscloset
aka John

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 10:51 PM

A Poser 11 Pro licence can be had for $80 U.S. from NeoWin. Smith Micro used to ship a DVD version to those in remote places with slow internet, but I've never seen these come up on eBay and doubt they could be activated now. I guess the current alternative for Poser 11 is now to hire someone on Fivver to download the trial version, burn it to a disc and mail it to you in the post.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 12:06 AM ยท edited Sun, 24 January 2021 at 12:06 AM

Maybe there's a business there, for someone. Get big 20Gb+ software downloaded on request, and have it snail-mailed to you on an SD card. So far as I can see from search, no-one offers this. And yet there are a great many people around the world who could use it if it was priced right, maybe at $25 or so for a no-brand 32Gb SD card + the get-my-big-installers service.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 6:14 AM

HartyBart posted at 6:11AM Sun, 24 January 2021 - #4410960

Maybe there's a business there, for someone. Get big 20Gb+ software downloaded on request, and have it snail-mailed to you on an SD card. So far as I can see from search, no-one offers this. And yet there are a great many people around the world who could use it if it was priced right, maybe at $25 or so for a no-brand 32Gb SD card + the get-my-big-installers service.

I'll admit I hadn't considered the SD card aspect, but having large memory software sent to you on some form of memory storage is hardly new. It's been done to death. Floppies, CDs, DVDs... it's all been done before.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 9:54 AM

However, do you become an authorized dealer because you are providing software for a fee, may it be just charging for hardware and postage? What is the EULA on distribution through 3rd party? And let's consider the liability as a 3rd party distributor for malfunctioning hardware, corrupt files, anti-virus protection, or lost/misdirected postage.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.