Mon, Sep 16, 11:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Just a note about Apollo Max figure and Poser 12, and clothing conversions

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 11:19 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

So I have been spending a couple of days working with the Apollo Maximus figure. For relative newcomers to Poser, this is a figure first released sometime in 2005, if I recall correctly. It was pretty advanced technology in its time. Probably because of the python difference or whatever (I don't know anything about it) of Poser software over the years, features of the figure like Line Of Site, and some of the ADS items don't seem to work in Poser 12. However, it is still a pretty useful male figure.

One bugbear is that his default pose (needed for rigging of conforming shirts) is a what I call Give Me A Hug pose, especially for the arms. This means clothing constructed in T-pose are harder to convert using Fitting Room and Cloth Room. I figured out a way to use a proxy figure, the Cloth Room, and the Morph Brush. I have written up the details at my own webpage at Google sites, but I will share it with you here as well: 2021 January 22 - Adapting T-pose clothing for Apollo Maximus Figure in Poser Specifically, T-pose Dynamic Clothing with sleeves in Poser 12 (will probably work with Poser 11 as well).

Most Poser Figures come in T-pose as default. The indie-developed Apollo Maximus figure, was at launch in 2005 pretty advance technology for its time. However, his default pose not a T-pose, but a "Gimme Me A Hug" pose. My work-around is to use the Poser Low Resolution Male.

1. Load Apollo Maximus. Zero the figure. This should be in Frame Zero of the animation time-line

2. Load Poser Lo Res Male. Zero the figure. This should also be in Frame Zero.

3. In the last frame of the 30-frame animation timeline (the Poser default), Pose the arms of the Lo Res Male to approximate Apollo's arms.

4. Load the Dynamic Clothing Prop and adjust it to fit the Lo Res Male in T-pose. Drape and simulate to Frame 30. The clothing prop will now approximate the Apollo figure's arm pose.

5. Apply Morph Brush to pull out cloth prop away Apollo figure, if there are poke-throughs.

6. Export the clothing prop at frame 30 and only as a single frame.

7. Import the saved OBJ and adjust to Apollo figure in Frame 1, if necessary. You may now run a new simulation using Apollo and the clothing.

8. Don't forget to save the Frame 1 of the imported adjust clothing prop.

The link to my notes is: https://sites.google.com/view/grumpyoldfartssite/home/my-3d-cg-tips-and-how-tos-5#h.2ss4bofprlhr

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 11:27 AM · edited Fri, 22 January 2021 at 11:32 AM

Sorry, some garbled sentence in my notes but not material to the conversion. The last sentence of my notes should read

"8) Don't forget to save the Frame 1 of the imported adjusted clothing prop to your Prop Library."

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 11:34 AM

Here are my renders of some of the dynamic cloth geometries I created using Shade3D and Blender3D, which were originally for T-Pose figures, now converted for Apollo Max use

AM_LongOpenJKT.png

LongOpenVest.png

AM_2021_01_22B2_.png

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 11:38 AM

item 5) of my notes has a grammatical error

"5) Apply Morph Brush to pull out cloth prop away from the Apollo figure, if there are poke-throughs"

Eternal Hobbyist

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 12:44 PM

Oh yes... Apollo Maximus... There has been an update to ApolloMaximus2007.

Thank you for your advices.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 10:04 PM

Another typo in my opening post: Line Of Sight ha ha sorry...

@Y-Phil cheers ! Yes, also a 2007 version. I think that was the last update.

Eternal Hobbyist

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 5:14 PM · edited Sat, 23 January 2021 at 5:15 PM

I think Anton included some variations of the zero pose at some point. In my pose library for Apollo, I have a T-pose named Default Classic. The Default Zero Pose file will also give him the Hug Me default pose. The Pose library folder I have is named APM05_Poses. I also have another pose folder named Apollo_Poses01 that contains the T-pose (Default Classic) pose file.

Not sure if these would help with the workflow or not.

Lee

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 8:31 PM

When using Cloth Room, the figure will be sent back to the default Hug Me pose, so the draping simulation will fail, as I have experienced sadly.

Eternal Hobbyist

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 10:02 PM
Online Now!

infinity10 posted at 10:01PM Sat, 23 January 2021 - #4410954

When using Cloth Room, the figure will be sent back to the default Hug Me pose, so the draping simulation will fail, as I have experienced sadly.

That's odd. Must be something unique about Apollo. I often start cloth sims with the figures in non-default poses, and I've never seen that happen.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 10:12 PM

@randym77 good point - so many years and technology changes in Poser, so not really sure what causes the quirk.

Eternal Hobbyist

elena_c ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 5:05 AM

Probably a stupid comment, but have you unchecked "start from zero position" in the figure collision menu? I've been doing dynamic cloth simulations with Apollo since he came out, and I never ran into this issue.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 5:57 AM

@elena_c - I have a start frame and end frame options in the cloth room in the Cloth Room. Anyway, I need to adjust my T-Pose dynamic clothing geometries to fit whatever pose Apollo Maximus has at the end frame. Even if I pose him in T-pose at the first frame, Poser reverts him to his Hug Me default pose then starts running the simulation, which then fails.

Using my own method of the LoRes Male proxy, I have got my T-Pose clothing to fit the Apollo Maximus default pose. AM_LSTurtle.png

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 5:59 AM

Now that I have my clothing in the Apollo Maximus default pose, I can pose him in a different pose at the end frame, and the clothing will follow him correctly in the Cloth Room.

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 24 January 2021 at 9:16 AM

I show comparison of my dynamic cloth robe on default T-pose of Lo-Res male and, after using my method, the same robe geometry on Apollo in default pose.

AM9TailsInnerRobe.png

LRM9TailsInnerRobe.png

(I used Shade3D sofwtare to create the robe geometry.)

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.