Fri, Sep 20, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: French publicity with DAZ Character

sulian ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 5:27 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 5:33 AM

Attached Link: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/toops-studio/

I'm french and i have see a publicity of Nikon with DAZ Character (Vicky, Mike, ...). This publicity is talking about "numeric generation" It is the same publicity in USA ? Next time, i upload the publicity (scan).

sulian ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 7:38 AM

The scan of the publicity

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 8:49 AM

what????????????

kiru ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 10:42 AM

You forgot to upload the scan. For those of you who are ESOL impaired, sulian is saying that there is a Nikon advertisement (publicity) for a product that has the phrase "numeric generation" in it. The scan has Mike and Vicky in it. I believe i have heard something in the past about a digit5al camera that could capture 3d information, or at least extrapolate it to a common mesh format. Sulian, i have not seen these ads over here, but then of course I see little avertising as I am soo broke, and cant afford anything

sulian ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 11:02 AM

Soory for the upload. I'll put the file tomorow

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 12:37 PM

Saw something like that at Siggraph. Marque

kupa ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 2:17 PM

Engage whine mode- click- Someday, maybe, people will give both us and Daz credit. Isn't it a combination of Poser and the Daz charcaters that bring all this cool content to life? - click- Disengage whine mode ;-) wow, that was fun... Steve Cooper Curious Labs

sulian ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 12:53 AM

file_224609.jpg

The Nikon's publicity

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 11:20 PM

Steve, Now you know that the image would be so much more effective as an advertisement if those figures were in default mode with their fingers pointing stiffly at the camera, which is, after all, what is being sold (the trade in scantily clad humans being much diminished in civilized countries). By making the figures more attractive and gracefully posed, you are pulling all those eyes away from the important prop, and thus doing a disservice to the advertiser. tch-tch. Now that my tongue is out of my cheek, I have to agree with you. People see the image, but not the engineering which produced it. Carolly

kupa ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:08 AM

You're right Carolly, The default mode that all the great DAZ characters are delivered in would really help to contrast the product beauty shot. I think that's a great feature for the next release of Poser. No more posing capability or integration into high-end rendering applications, so the Poser images pale in comparison to the studio photograph. It'll save us a lot of time too. Thanks for the great suggestion ;-) Steve Cooper CSO - Chief Sarcastic Officer Curious Lamps

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.