Fri, Oct 4, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My day

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2021 at 6:44 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:11 AM

Down day for me, drove 140 miles yesterday and today my right hand aches; arther. So...

Got stonemason's Streets of steampunk; one of many of his sets on my wish list lol Was about to go for a refund when I realized iray was the format I needed for it, 3deleight wont load. Yes downloaded and installed both LifIknow. Drop in render, looks dead. This is just a stock . drop in no staging done. STCeAnE.jpg

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2021 at 6:49 AM

For some reason white was added to the texture in the shader, no highlight or bump. Glad I can make a reasonable bump map, just take a bit converting texture in Genetica.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2021 at 9:36 AM · edited Tue, 09 March 2021 at 9:39 AM

After. I reset all the shaders; made note of textures to replace, Not happy with my quick bumps. Moved the sun for a better scene, and added an HDRI sky. E2A: It screamed for water.

f06mRPp.jpg

Sueposer ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2021 at 11:10 AM

The work panned out. This looks quite usable now and it is an interesting set, full of potential.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2021 at 1:37 PM

I like it, it's a fairly timeless set. but it begs for a night scene. Stonemason has it half set for one, most of the buildings have individual rooms.

tsarist ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 8:54 AM

manleystanley posted at 8:51AM Wed, 10 March 2021 - #4414639

I like it, it's a fairly timeless set. but it begs for a night scene. Stonemason has it half set for one, most of the buildings have individual rooms.

Hey Stan

I don't remember what thread it was in, but you mentioned wanting to do a western themed render. There is a tutorial in the platinum for a day section $2.99 today only for how to make a old west render with that Stonemason set you own.

Thought that might help you

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 1:14 PM

I'm watching DAZ for whats on my wish list. As far as the western scene I'm trying something I haven't done before, a large set, apx 1KM X 1KM. I'll toss up a "working on it" render. Appreciate the heads up.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 3:18 PM

manleystanley posted at 3:16PM Wed, 10 March 2021 - #4414615

For some reason white was added to the texture in the shader, no highlight or bump. Glad I can make a reasonable bump map, just take a bit converting texture in Genetica.

whitesoaces is prolly uwrap. you could manually tick the uwrap box or try the uwrap plug in by sparrowhawke. savea a few clicks

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2021 at 7:32 AM

Shader rests took a bit. But I like working with the cararra shaders; they have logic to them lol The quick bumps I made with photofilter, french freeware app. I basically just made the color maps black and white, adjusted contrast where needed, and inverted a couple; made negative. But I can use the model and texture map in Genetica to make decent normal maps.

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2021 at 8:02 PM · edited Sat, 13 March 2021 at 8:03 PM

Hey Stan.

Pamawo has a huge western bundle for under $10!!! Sale price expires tonight at midnight Rendo time!

It's a pretty cool set that comes with a "patent medicine" wagon, like in the old movies.

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/old-wild-west-bundle-for-ds/125836/

diomede ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2021 at 5:35 AM

Nice job retexturing the stonemason set. Looks good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.