Mon, Oct 7, 10:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Kid paranoid

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2021 at 8:51 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Waiting on a render, clear/ning out rubbish from my V4 folder; it;s embarrassing the amount of crap in that folder. I stumbled on some kids 4 stuff so moved it. When I moved it I realized I had a lot of nice stuff for kids 4, and no renders. I've always been paranoid about doing renders with anything other then adult figures. I remember years ago artists being eaten by the wolves for something even slightly possible to misconstrued. Am I the only one paranoid about using kids-teen morphs/figures? Or is it just me and being a 60 year old man?

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2021 at 9:41 AM

Yes, I remember those times too. If you avoid putting kids in a scene where anything even remotely untoward is happening, it should be okay.

It's funny, but I bought the Kids 4 Bundle with big plans to include kids in some street animation scenes. I did one, maybe two and haven't used them since.

I don't think I have ever even loaded my Teen characters into Carrara once.

Sueposer ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2021 at 11:36 AM

I have no interest in works that emphasize children, but I also just don't like those characters. Something about the kids and teens was too smooth and bland (lifeless). But I think you're right: even merely bringing the kids into scenes of daily life is too edgy for some people. Our "Protect the child!" instincts require all kid scenes to be of innocent wonder (max: butterfly) or mischief (max: stealing an extra cookie). Booooooooooring!

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2021 at 1:13 PM · edited Sun, 07 March 2021 at 1:15 PM

Eons ago i spent several months working out an animation in cararra. A nude Sp3 ballet; couldn't get the BVH to work right on any other figure. The point was the jiggle physics; which worked quite nicely. With in 24 hours it was flagged as depicting an underage girl. I used a V3 pubic hair prop that made her look like she'd never hear of trimming, but still...

Like tsarist, I bought era specific clothes for period scenes, and downloaded some cute kids clothes. But after that I was leery to use them. Hell I even hesitate using petite character morphs.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2021 at 10:05 AM

poser child figures Ben and Kate. Will and Penny.

Vyusur made 2 young figures, Leon and Teena

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2021 at 6:13 AM

So Poser took their character names from Lost in space?

Was trying K4 clothes on Genesis. Except for the way autofit craps out on dresses, a couple looked nice on Genesis; the strapped summer dress for instance.
I do have one render up with Mat, he is helping David unload untaxed beer in my smugglers keep render.

tsarist ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 12:11 AM

manleystanley posted at 12:08AM Wed, 10 March 2021 - #4414611

So Poser took their character names from Lost in space?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Where's Zachary??

manleystanley posted at 12:08AM Wed, 10 March 2021 - #4414611

I do have one render up with Mat, he is helping David unload untaxed beer in my smugglers keep render.

Aaannd he wonders why he gets flagged. Lol

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 6:29 AM

Ya, well, people see what they are looking for. If you're my age you remember the suntan billboard, add, ect of the puppy pulling the little girls swim suit bottom down to expose the tan line. it was cute, it was innocent, it was a very effective sales add. Gone

When I was ten I took a months worth of lawn mowing money and bought myself an 8'X2' blow up ring pool. I was in it as much as possible, my fronds were over all the time to be in it. Most of the time they would show up strip down to their under wear and jump it; girls and boys. I could not do a render of it now, but at that time no one thought anything of a bunch of half naked kids playing in a pool in a back yard. Oh I could dress every one in boxers and frilly skirt swim suits, but then that isn't my childhood memory any more.

tsarist ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2021 at 8:48 AM

Yeah, I remember those times. So many innocent things are now looked at with suspicion. It's a shame.

My parents used to leave me in the car for short trips to a shop or something. Nowadays, that would land them in jail.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.