Fri, Oct 4, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 11:28 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Daz DIM & smart content

yvesab ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2021 at 12:17 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:41 PM

As things are going I'm only using DazStudio, Unfortunately Poser is fading due to lack of content, moistly realistic people (Erogenesis figure was alas a real strong contestant) it's really sad, since I really disagree with Daz marketing options. I'm reluctant to buy stuff from rendo due to the lack of "smart content pinning" . Even if I find the smart content in Daz quite stupid, at least, it exists. Why in hell there's no such thing in Renderosity products ? This would be so much simpler than browsing innumerable folders to try to find things ? Thank you for your attention.

Propschick ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2021 at 3:10 PM

What do you mean, is there something you wish Poser does? Because you can get to any section via Poser, hair, clothing , ect

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

yvesab ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2021 at 8:55 AM

I think that all Daz related products on sale here should be "SMART" content ready at least, and in the form of a DIM file preferably.

MarkCM ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2021 at 11:09 AM

Content Wizard on the Daz store does a good job of installing and creating Smart Content for assets purchased at Renderosity and other third-party stores. I use it all the time.

Propschick ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2021 at 11:10 AM

So you are saying you want an installer ?

I'm just wondering.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

yvesab ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2021 at 11:13 AM

MarkCM posted at 11:12AM Sat, 13 March 2021 - #4414829

Content Wizard on the Daz store does a good job of installing and creating Smart Content for assets purchased at Renderosity and other third-party stores. I use it all the time.

I was not aware of this option : how do you proceed ? Thanks Yves

MarkCM ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2021 at 11:38 AM

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/387911/released-content-wizard-commercial/p1

yvesab ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2021 at 6:34 AM

I just bought it, is there a way to use this script on my existing library ? Extracting infos from the pdf is quite difficult to me TIA Yves

MarkCM ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2021 at 10:38 AM

No, you can't have it go over your library and look for stuff missing Smart Content. It's designed to work with the zips provided by the store, but you can use it to add smart content to products already installed. There is a video on the first page of the linked thread that shows how it works.

yvesab ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2021 at 12:28 PM

Thank you It going to take me a while ...

MarkCM ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2021 at 2:15 PM

yvesab posted at 2:14PM Sun, 14 March 2021 - #4414877

Thank you It going to take me a while ...

Yeah, I use it for all new stuff, and then occasionally refresh commonly used older items. It helps to have two monitors so you can watch Youtube videos or whatever while you're doing it.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2021 at 2:26 PM

yvesab posted at 2:24PM Mon, 15 March 2021 - #4414877

It going to take me a while ...

Which is why most DAZ content here does not have smart content metadata. I’ve included it in a couple of my characters here and am planning on doing it for others. I meant to do the last 2 but forgot until after release.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.