Fri, Oct 4, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: done any renders with the light gels?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 07 April 2021 at 12:09 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:21 PM

cuz those light/shadow gel renders shouldnt be lost forever.

carrara has a few built in ones. like slats or vertical blinds for noir renders.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 6:45 AM

Sure, caustics generator ? Makes geat caustics texture maps, you use them as a gel for under water lighting effects, also use fire gels for simulating firelight , sorry no examples maybe an old video if i can find it

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 6:47 AM

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Others/Caustics-Generator.shtml Ah here we are :)

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 9:18 AM

I use image sequences in them sometimes

not a great example but that fractal projected on the walls is a gel

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 9:23 AM

kewl. thank you

i been trying to remember. looking for my old screenshots of the options

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 3:26 PM

A tid bit from awhile back. grid2b.jpgProject.jpg

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 3:29 PM

This uses a "Cookie Gel" to create some foliage shadows. A cookie gel is just some random blobs, like you'd crushed a cookie on it. Incongruity-Build.jpg

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 3:40 PM

Last one. This used a Caustic gel I made and applied to a spot light aimed on the submarine. The sub is waaaaaay too deep for this to actually show up, but hey, it's underwater-y. Sub1d2.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.