Sun, Oct 6, 5:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: BIG SURPRISE

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 4:39 AM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 7:50 AM

Just wanted to let you know that we are working on a large project that hopefully will benefit all. The project will be released in less than one month from now and you will be the first to know. Mike and Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 4:56 AM

ooooh...the suspense! :) Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be a great one...can't wait to see!

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 5:13 AM

A whole month!!! Eagerly looking forward to it....can we get a peek every now and then? :) Irene

tesign ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 5:37 AM

One month!?...golly...I be dead three days from now...I a cat...Meow!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 5:37 AM

Believe it or not there has been some problems with some quote WAREZ, if I understand this term correctly. We have been trying hard to correct this and have tracked down one of the WAREZ's, maybe even 2, so we are keeping our projects quiet until release. Sorry, but you will like it I am sure. Our representatives are taking action. Our understanding of this term is someone who has taken your creation and changed them slightly and are now selling them, or even someone who hasn't changed it and are selling them as their own creation. We didn't want this to happen but it has. We hope you understand the quietness that we have to take, we did want you to know that we are working hard to produce a product for you all, that you will all like and benefit from. Sharen

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 6:01 AM

So sorry to hear that Sharen. :( What of yours' was taken? In any event, I'm sure we all understand your reasoning.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 7:53 AM

We actually can't say yet, but I will post it as soon as they are exposed completely, you can be assured of that. You know I really don't care what people use our models for, but I really think it is a shame that some people try to take credit for the creation and then resell them. All the hard work that is put into items that are sold or even given away, the creator works so hard and some fool just comes in and steals it, what kind of satisfaction could that possible give them, except for money, and even that, how much could you possibly get for these things. I feel for the other people that lost there great workings to people like that. Not right, but you know what they say, "What goes around, comes around" it will happen. Enough about that....you will enjoy the surprise when it is ready, I give us a month, but the surprise might be ready in a week.....you never know. LOL Sharen

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 8:19 AM

Im sorry to hear about your problem Sharen. I wish you and Mike the best of luck in dealing with it. As for the suprise...a whole month? oh nooooooo My suspenders are killing me already ;] LOL

genny ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 8:27 AM

Gosh, Sharen, I am so sorry this has happened to you. ): You and Mike are such good people and I hope you are able to prosecute these theives to the fullest extent of the law! I will be waiting patiently for your new project, well....., maybe not that patiently, but I will be waiting.(: Take care. Genny

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 8:40 AM

We are working hard on it, and will definately try to get it to everyone as early as we can. And as far as the other issue, it will take care of itself. Thanks to all of you and your concern. Not to worry, we are fine and still having fun......I have not posted this information anywhere but here. This is where we started and thanks to MikeJ and Varien, and of course many others, we have a home forever. Mike and Sharen

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 9:30 AM

Sharon that's awful! (about your troubles, I mean :( ). I'll be in suspense as well...you two are so generous to this community and others :) Laurie

Varian ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 11:06 AM

Sorry to hear about that, too, Sharen. On the plus side, try to take it as a compliment; no one steals junky stuff, they only want to steal the good stuff. Okay, so it's not a thrilling compliment, but...good luck on taking down the creep(s) doing it. Looking forward to the big surprise. I'll bet it's holiday-related. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 11:52 AM

maybe holiday related.....he he he.....it will be wonderful I think...hope you do too. Sharen

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 2:10 PM

I have to complement you on how you're handling it Sharon. On the other lists I've seen so many go off the deep end about it and punish everyone for the action of one or two. I agree anyone caught selling your models should be punished. Can't get much lower in my eyes. But, nice to see some maturity about it.

Irish ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 2:52 PM

I too am really sorry about this turn of events...it seems to happen to all the good people i.e. PhilC, PoserWorld, etc. As Varian states, it really is kinda a backhanded compliment although I sure hope you catch the varmits. I will try and be patient about your surprise :) :)Irene

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 4:48 PM

Yep, that is the way of the world sometimes, can't punish the good, but like I said, even if we can only catch one, we have done good for PhilC, PoserWorld and others. And really, what goes around, comes around, sometime....okay enough really about this, I have got work to do for my friends....let's move on. You may get it really soon.....ooooooooo isn't this fun. Sharen

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 6:35 PM

heyas; i believe 'warez' is specifically when someone distributes your commercial items for free, or receives them from someone else, without paying you for it. what you're describing is theft of your work, and violations of your copyright.

tradivoro ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2001 at 11:59 PM

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you because of your generosity... I can imagine that they've been taking your free models and selling them as part of a collection... Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us in the near future...

Jilly ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 9:55 AM

Sorry to hear that some pirate is stealing your work, can't they do their own? Hope things turn out the way they should for you. Patience isn't my strong point either y'know!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 5:24 PM

It will turn out fine I am sure.

jgmart ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2001 at 6:23 PM

Sharen/Mike, I can't thank you enough for all you share with us. I hope all works out well for you both...... John :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 3:57 AM

Just wanted to tell tradivoro they weren't the free items. And another surprise, this surprise will be here sooner than I expected.....wheee ha....Sharen

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 4:05 PM

The best prevention (or at least discouragement) is to keep on doing what you're doing, particularly in how visible both you and your products are. Folks get to know those products, free and for sale, and they'll recognize 'em if they show up under the wrong names. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 5:23 PM

When it first started, poor Mike was so dismayed, it bothered him for days, I told him what you just said Varien, people know us and they will protect us. It is in there hands and I have tons of faith in all the people who know us. I also told him we are not the first that this has happened to, that is why we also have a responsibility to watch out for others. He wanted to stop modeling and I said why, this has nothing to do with the people who do like our stuff and can tell by now what is ours even if others have tweaked it a bit and is calling it theirs. He is better now, that is why we are doing this big surprise for you all. I think it was just a shock to him because I am mostly on the internet and see things, he is to busy drawing. He wanted to do something so unique, we searched everywhere to see if any one else had started this, because we don't want to rain on someone else' parade, and we came up with this surprise. Okay, enough about this, thank you all for being there for us. Sharen

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 5:31 PM

Gee, something no one else has done? Now I'm REALLY on edge! Patience is not one of my strong points ;). Laurie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 6:08 PM

NO KIDDING Laurie, LOL, it isn't mine either and well I guess this time I have the upper hand, cause, well......I know and you don't. HA HA HA HA.....just kidding. Sharen

Wizzard ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:47 PM

8 ) Great stuff Sharen, I"m certain that we'll all await with wormy lungs 8 ) heh heh heh.. good thing I took those lessong in patience na? 8 ) my best to you and yours 8 ) Cheers

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:52 PM

Well I can be patient...but not when Sharen's running around doing the NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH! ROFL!! :D

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2001 at 11:59 PM

LOL! She DOES have the upper hand, doesn't she? ;) Laurie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 4:14 AM

LOL

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 11:57 PM

but she looks so cute waggling her fingers in her ears and going "nyah nyah nyah" 8 )

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 4:11 AM

LOL.....you guys....LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.