Sun, Oct 6, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Metahuman creator by Unreal looks pretty cool

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 8:37 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:33 AM

Here is some short demonstrations of the program, it looks pretty sick to be honest. Seems like there is going to happen a lot of cool things in the 3D world, gaming market etc. in the next couple of years.

Metahuman creator by Unreal

MetaHuman Creator more details

Maybe all of it will be more of an automated industry in the sense that computers are just going to simulate most of it using AI and high definition images of humans that you then just manipulate in programs like this and animations are largely done with motion capture for those that can afford that :D

And combine it with stuff like Jali which is also pretty cool:

Jali Research

Azath ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 11:16 AM · edited Mon, 26 April 2021 at 11:16 AM

allot of people in 3D are going to decide weather it is worth to invest so much time and Cash in Poser or Daz Studio or rather start up right away with these mew Programs also Unreal engine is free if you do not make a high profit out of it. Blender is Free, all this is sure going to cause large changes. well if Bondware does not start to think about there marketing strategy it is going to be a Dead End as for every Poser user that jumps off they will never look back :)

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 12:11 PM · edited Mon, 26 April 2021 at 12:14 PM

Azath posted at 11:31AM Mon, 26 April 2021 - #4417727

allot of people in 3D are going to decide weather it is worth to invest so much time and Cash in Poser or Daz Studio or rather start up right away with these mew Programs also Unreal engine is free if you do not make a high profit out of it. Blender is Free, all this is sure going to cause large changes. well if Bondware does not start to think about there marketing strategy it is going to be a Dead End as for every Poser user that jumps off they will never look back :)

I don't think neither Poser or Daz will be affected negatively by this in terms of user base, actually it might be the opposite, depending on where this technology end up. Because Metahuman is or will be able to export to all the major 3d applications, so potentially there shouldn't be a huge issue at least getting the mesh into them, and probably not the textures either. Now the rigging might be a different story and could Poser and Daz make it so that would work then that would be really cool.

Also one has to remember that Poser and Daz is not really competitions to the other programs and even though it seems extremely easy to make a human in Metahuman, you still have extreme learning curve of these other 3d applications, in general they are not easy to use, so it's not really a choice of just picking and choosing. And just slapping some premade clothing and objects together is what makes Poser and Daz great tools, you won't find that in any of these programs. And its probably fairly limited what content will be available for the characters as most people/studios that are going to use them, will probably have to model their own based on the project they are working on.

Personally I wouldn't be worried if I were either Daz or Poser, but I think I would examine the possibilities of how these programs or new technologies could benefit them, if possible. Because it could potentially down the line make for better animation tools that are easier to use as the technology develop. But in general it does seem like the industry is heading towards more use of computer AI to do a lot of these things that would normally require a lot of very skillful people.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 1:32 PM

The Epic metahumans is targeted toward Corporate Clients needing realistic animated Digital spokes people high end Game developers , Realtime Animated filmakers. and hollywood studios needing ready to use digital filler people and stunt actors etc.

The only external 3DCC that will be supported is Autodesk Maya and the Data set for a full res metahuman is huge, dozens of Gigabytes!!

The notable lack of early 20's, ldeal BMI, waifish,white girls in bikinis/nude, in the marketing videos, tells you that Epic,wisely, has no interest in being affiliated with the Poser/Daz brands or user base.

My website

YouTube Channel

HartyBart ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 2:18 PM · edited Mon, 26 April 2021 at 2:18 PM

I agree, Wolf. But I have a seen a video demo which shows the drop-down menu - including a Blender exporter. Though it's quite possible only the exporter for their own Unreal will be free, the other paid.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2021 at 2:53 PM · edited Mon, 26 April 2021 at 2:53 PM

HartyBart posted at 2:47PM Mon, 26 April 2021 - #4417739

I agree, Wolf. But I have a seen a video demo which shows the drop-down menu - including a Blender exporter. Though it's quite possible only the exporter for their own Unreal will be free, the other paid.

Quote: Our videos are multi-gigabyte files and we've chosen a high quality provider to ensure fast downloads. However, that bandwidth isn't free and so we charge a small monthly subscription fee of $5. We think it's a small price to pay for unlimited access to top-tier quality encodes of our content.11. feb. 2021

So my guess is that it will be free besides these 5$ regardless of exporter.

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2021 at 1:52 AM

Uhmmm... investment decision. The Reallusion humans are plugging in to the nVidia Omniverse and they may be the longer-term ticket to ride. Just saying.

Eternal Hobbyist

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 27 April 2021 at 4:13 AM

Omniverse supports Maya,Houdini,Blender & Iclone.8846f5da-bb1f-4f0c-b7ff-76f8.png

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.