Mon, Sep 9, 10:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Dynamic clothing in animations?

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 7:11 PM ยท edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

I feel like I should already know this but can anyone point me to some tutorials about how to do this?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 7:18 PM

Basically, you have to create an animation to use dynamic clothing. It might be a very simple one: T-pose in frame 1, the pose you want in frame 30. Or it can be a lot more complex.

Have you ever used dynamic clothing or created animations in Poser before? What exactly are you trying to do?

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 7:24 PM

I want to make the clothing conform to a figure that is animated. Is that possible? It's a walk.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 8:08 PM

Yes, it certainly is possible! Have you used dynamic clothing for still images yet?

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 8:31 PM

Yes I know how to do still images. Just can't quite connect the dots for doing animations with it.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2021 at 8:59 PM

It's pretty similar. The clothing part, anyway. Load the figure, load the clothing, add the walk cycle. Run the cloth sim (with some drape frames), and the clothing will follow the figure. Edit out the beginning frames, where the figure is dropping her arms and getting into walk position.

This is an old gif I made, using Stephanie Petite. (Sorry for the low quality. The file size limits were brutal back then.)

https://randomphotostash.tumblr.com/post/652297973826502656/windblown

Basically, it was easy because I only showed her upper body. I used a walk cycle someone else made. You might be able to find a free walk cycle someone else made for your figure. Or use one made for a different figure; they often work reasonably well, with some small adjustments.

This one, I showed the whole figure.

https://randomphotostash.tumblr.com/post/652297952059179008/the-dancer

It was basically just a bunch of different poses, applied in sequence, with Poser interpolating.

If you actually want to show the figure walking around the room, you need to have a walk path. Here's a sample of dynamic clothing with a walk path (not made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhywwkMWH-E

There are several tutorials for creating walk paths in Poser, and walk cycles. I think that's the hard part. Once you have your figure moving like you want, it's fairly easy to add the clothing, then run the sim as normal.

anniemation ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2021 at 2:50 PM

Thank you! Got it worked out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.