Mon, Sep 9, 4:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 10:25 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Songbird ReMix & Nature's Wonders WIP previews

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2021 at 7:00 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:12 AM

Here's a place to take a peek, get information and comment on my latest projects...

As most of my customers know, I'm slowly upgrading the entire Songbird ReMix library. Five volumes should be updated and ready to go by the end of April to kick off my annual Audubon Event. These sets include: Africa, Cool and Unusual Birds v1, Europe Edition v2, Woodpeckers and Pose Pack2. The updates are free to purchasers of the product(s).

So what kind of changes should you expect? Well, I've edited/enhanced the geometry, added more morphs and cleaned up rigging and reworked most of the textures. All bird characters have been written in Character format (no more having to build your birds) and have been placed the Animals/Songbird ReMix folder with everything else (materials, poses, props, etc) so it's all easy to get to. There are two versions, native DAZ Studio and native Poser (v10+) and support Iray, Superfly, 3DL and Firefly renderers.

Here's a couple comparisons of the old version Vs what's coming...

from Europe Edition v2: wryneckcomparsion.jpg

from Cool and Unusual v1: roadrunner_comparsion.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2021 at 7:10 PM

Looking good Ken, looking very good.

I always look forward to your annual Audubon Sale each year. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2021 at 8:16 PM

Thanks... I guess I can share at least the titles of my two new sets that will be premiering at the end of April...

Paridae of the World (contains 15 species of "Tit" including dimorphic male/females and some subspecies; 27 birds in all) Woodpeckers v2: Woodpeckers of Eurasia (contains 13 different species of woodpecker including male/female, some juveniles and subspecies; 33 birds in all)

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 01 April 2021 at 9:13 PM

Both sound like interesting sets, so I'll look forward to seeing some promos when you're ready to post them here.

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Fri, 02 April 2021 at 11:04 AM · edited Fri, 02 April 2021 at 11:06 AM

Here's a couple more images...

The Eurasian Three-toed Woodpecker from Woodpeckers v2... Firefly render 3toeds woodpeckers.jpg

...and the redone Lilac-breasted Roller from the Africa update... Iray Render lilac-brested roller.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 10:01 AM

Here's a couple more preview images from the updates;

The Ivory-billed Woodpeckers from the updated Woodpeckers v1. They're in my Big Cypress Habitat which is a natural habitat for them. Ivory-billedWP.jpg

The Greater Roadrunner from the updated "Cool and Unusual Birds v1" with one of my Nature Wonders Lizards and in my Sagebrush Habitat roadrunner2.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 12:37 PM

I have all your Habitat sets, so I'm looking for the new, and updated, birds. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 1:46 PM

Yes, there are specific reasons I did those habitat sets... not just because I wanted accurate environments for my Nature Wonders critters and Songbird Remix birds, but ones that when you decided to feature those characters actually looked pretty good up close as well. I'll probably do at least one more when I get to upgrading the duck pond set.

But first, more bird updates. I'm determined to finish the SBRM updates by the end of the year (or at least get real close). I may throw in a new NW set or two-- I have a partially done Turtles v2, Frogs v4, Moths v4 and Dragonflies v2, so those may get some attention as I hit slumps in bird building. On the new bird set side, I still have a ready to rig Prairie Chicken/Sage Grouse model awaiting morphs and textures, more parrots, woodpeckers, bee-eater sets I'd like to do, but again, those updates need to get done... hopefully I'll be starting seabirds/pelicans/puffins early summer

Songbird ReMix

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 1:56 PM

Here's a bird I just upgraded from the 2010 "SBRM Australia v2" (the complete update of v2 should be done in about a month)

Australasian Pipit.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 11 April 2021 at 5:57 PM

Looking good Ken, and a Habitat to go with the Duck Pond would be nice. 😁

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2021 at 8:17 PM

The Sultan Tit from my upcoming "Paridae of the World"

tittest2.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2021 at 8:46 PM

Yellow and Black is nice coloring. They'll stand out in renders for sure. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2021 at 10:35 AM · edited Wed, 14 April 2021 at 10:38 AM

Thanks... There's a Hivewire Artists Welcome Sale going on. Please support my fellow HW PAs that have moved to Renderosity. Why am I not participating in the sale? Well, it's a little too close Audubon's birthday for me to participate.

I'm steadily working my way through the Australia v2 update... here's a promo page showing the redone Australasian Robins. As with the comparison, I shared above with the Pipit, the changes while subtle are significant, making the birds look more like their real-life counterparts and less like 3D models.

sbrm_Australia2_Promo1.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2021 at 1:19 PM

Ken _Gilliland posted at 1:17PM Wed, 14 April 2021 - #4416934

Thanks... There's a Hivewire Artists Welcome Sale going on. Please support my fellow HW PAs that have moved to Renderosity. Why am I not participating in the sale? Well, it's a little too close Audubon's birthday for me to participate.

Been there, done that! 😉

BTW, that little Red-capped Robin's a real cutie. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2021 at 1:18 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2021 at 1:20 PM

Thanks, I'm expecting the update/re-release of Australia v2 to be out early-mid May. From there, I'll be focusing on the Kingfisher model makeover which will unlock Australia v2, Second Edition, Cool and Unusual v2, Amazon and Yucatan for their re-releases. Over the summer, I'm start working on the updates for Seabirds.

Speaking of updates, five Songbird ReMix volumes are one week away from their re-releases. Those sets are: Africa, Cool and Unusual Birds (v1), European Edition v2, Woodpeckers (v1) and Pose Pack v2. All are significantly better, if not almost unrecognizable from the original versions; with improved geometry, morphs and rigging, enhanced or totally redone 4k texture maps, Iray/SF support, native DS/Poser versions and additional new content in every set.

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2021 at 2:06 PM

Ken _Gilliland posted at 2:05PM Fri, 16 April 2021 - #4417061

Speaking of updates, five Songbird ReMix volumes are one week away from their re-releases. Those sets are: Africa, Cool and Unusual Birds (v1), European Edition v2, Woodpeckers (v1) and Pose Pack v2. All are significantly better, if not almost unrecognizable from the original versions; with improved geometry, morphs and rigging, enhanced or totally redone 4k texture maps, Iray/SF support, native DS/Poser versions and additional new content in every set.

Good, I'll be looking for the re-releases. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 9:38 AM · edited Sat, 24 April 2021 at 9:39 AM

My Audubon's Birthday Sale is here. The two new products, Paridae of the World and Woodpeckers v2, plus on the five updates; Africa, Cool and Unusual Birds v1, European Edition v2, Pose Pack 2 and Woodpeckers v1 are live!.

33% (or more) of my proceeds from the sale will go to Audubon in support of their $5/5 Birds program. This program compensates farmers to delay their wheat harvests, so that the endangered Tri-colored Blackbirds, who nest in the fields have the extra time for their nestlings to fledge and avoid being "harvested". Every dollar given saves at least one endangered bird.

Audubon's birthday.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2021 at 6:18 PM

Already made purchases from the sale today, and have 3 more ready for Tuesday. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 10:47 AM

First of all, thank-you to all who participated in my Audubon's Birthday Sale. We managed to help save a lot of Tri-colored Blackbirds!

I've given both the updated Australia v2 and Art Treasures from the Bowerbird Collection to my testers, so I'll now look at what key SBRM models I have to convert to unlock more updated sets-- I think it's the Syndactyl (aka Kingfisher) and Hummingbird models which will make the following updates possible: Second Edition, Cool and Unusual 2, Yucatan, Amazon, Australia v1 and, of course, both Hummingbird sets. I still hope to finish the seabird sets by the end of summer. And then, it's a matter of updating the models for the single sets (flamingos, pelicand, jacanas, dodo).

Here's an Iray render of the bowerbirds (Australia v2) and Art Treasures...

Keys to the Kingdom.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Fri, 14 May 2021 at 10:55 AM
Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2021 at 9:53 AM · edited Mon, 24 May 2021 at 9:54 AM

a little before and after on the Australia v1 I'm updating....

Australiav1_b-a.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2021 at 12:41 PM

Looking good Ken. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2021 at 10:06 AM

Here's a couple more "now and then" comparisons on Australia v1 has I work through updating the set...

ausv1-2.jpgcompareAus1-Fairywrens.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2021 at 11:48 AM

Looking very good Ken. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2021 at 10:30 AM

YAY!!! 😀

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2021 at 9:55 AM · edited Sun, 27 June 2021 at 9:56 AM

My update to Songbird ReMix Australia v1 is now available. I'm often jaded by the volume of work and repetitive checking in creating my sets, but even I did a "wow" as I was replaced the old versions images with the new ones in the store.

I've put it, plus the updated Australia v2 and Bowerbird set on 30% off sale for a couple weeks to reintroduce them. Australia v3 will be updated at the start of next year since I need to update all seabirds first. Australia v4 (the Lyrebird set) is almost finished with its beta, and after QA testing at Renderosity, will appear as well (I'm guessing 4th of Julyish).

My Nature's Wonders Cicada set is moving along and will probably start betas around the time Lyrebirds is released. That will allow me to start work on what I'm really excited to start, the updates to Amazon and Yucatan, as well as Second Edition and Cool and Unusual Birds v2. Somewhere it July/August, I'll probably squeeze in a new Bee-eaters and/or Kingfisher set too.!

SuperbLyrebird.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 27 June 2021 at 10:26 AM

That Lyrebird is so unusual looking. I don't think I've ever seen a bird with those sort of tail feathers.

Then again, the unusual is what I've come to expect with your wonderful bird sets. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Thu, 08 July 2021 at 12:27 PM

I'll be doing a webinar on July 17th (1pm PST) called "Digital Nature" via Zoom. My 90 minute talk will include my background, art and life as a freelance artist artist plus focuses on my approaches to 3D digital bird-making, techniques and a crash course in composition and marketing.

https://digitalartlive.com/event/poser-environmental-art-with-ken-gilliland/

Songbird ReMix

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 7:41 PM

Here's a couple before and afters on some of the sets I'm updating...

From Cool and Unusual Birds v2... cu2examples.jpg

From Yucatan...

yucatanexamples.jpgyucatanexamples2.jpg

Songbird ReMix

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 7:47 PM

Looking great Ken. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Thalek ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2021 at 3:06 AM
Online Now!

I've been stalking, er, admiring your work since the Daz days, and got more items during the Hivewire period.  I looks like I'm a wee bit behind in updating my birds, though.  [sigh]  At this point I've even lost track of which ones have been updated, and which have not.  Do I need to create another spreadsheet to get access to the updates already done, and the future updates.  [wry smile]

Because, as Miss B points out, these are looking great, sir.

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2021 at 9:56 AM

One of the best ways to tell what's been updated now is to look at my SongbirdReMix.com page.  Recently, I flipped around the huge list on that page to "what's left" (not updated yet). If you're looking if specific sets have been updated there's two ways... my webpage store can tell you or you can look through my store at Renderosity (every description of a product says on of two things; "This product was completely updated in late September 2021 to include..." or "NOTE: This product is still in the "old" Songbird ReMix format. It will be upgraded to..."

As for spreadsheets, the online tool found in the new sets in the "Bird Library" folder called "! Bird Finder" links to an Excel (xls) file kept on my website.  This file has every bird subspecies (including subspecies and variants) created in Songbird ReMix format (both updated and non-updated).  The spreadsheet tells you exactly where to find the birds in the new library system so you don't have to be an ornithologist or advanced birder. The reason I have chosen to keep this file in xls format for users is to help them my bird library system.  It shows you exactly what folder to find the birds in and because it's in xls format you can sort it to your own needs.  For example, recently I had someone comment they liked the old library format because they wanted only birds from a specific region (e.g. S America).  Using "Bird Finder", you can sort by the "Continent/Region" column and get ALL the birds I've done that are found in S America (not just from "Amazon", not from the "Toucans" and "Parrots" sets, etc). Want only endangered birds?  No problem, you can sort by the "R-E-D" column and then sub-sort by "Continent/Region".

Songbird ReMix

Thalek ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2021 at 7:45 PM
Online Now!

I love the idea of the spreadsheet!  That's far more ambitious than what I was envisioning, which was merely to list what I have, and which ones I've updated.  However, Renderosity doesn't seem to know which sets I bought at Daz and Hivewire, only my more recent purchases.  (Yeah, I'm in "what's left" mode, too, as the list of the stuff I don't have is much shorter than the list of what I do. [chuckle])

Thanks for all of the info; I'll get right on that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.