Thu, Sep 19, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:38 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why are the Same Vendors put on Sale Over and Over and Over Again?

Fauvist ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2021 at 3:47 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 4:50 PM

Seeing the same stores on sale repeatedly is getting really boring. I could name them, but you only need to look at the sales on the Deals page to see which ones they are.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2021 at 2:07 AM
Site Admin

The store is deciding only on the theme of the monthly sales. Participation submissions are always up to the vendors themselves.

Topsellers are always super active at any store event and I'm surprised to see you complain about the lower prices they offer! :)

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Fauvist ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2021 at 1:49 PM

I’m not complaining about the lower prices. But you can look through someone’s store just so many times. Some of these products in these stores I’ve been looking at for 10 years. It would be really nice to see different stores on sale every week, and give the super-overexposed stores a rest for a couple of months. I, by the way, love your products and have bought many of them already.

-renapd- ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 2:34 AM
Site Admin

But that's the point! Topsellers stores are the ones that get updated almost weekly.. they are the most active ones with new products! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

Fauvist ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2021 at 1:09 PM

Well I guess if it’s working for the Topsellers, then that’s all that matters.

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 25 May 2021 at 11:03 AM
Online Now!

I understand what Fauvist is saying. There could be more coverage for some of the more obscure vendors. I think they're all 50% off during whole site sales and such. But a lot of the time, they're not discounted and not especially visible to shoppers. It might be nice for them to get some love. It's fun to discover items I've never seen before, and sales promos are a great way to do that. Only vendors releasing new products get CG Sprees. That's logical. I would guess there are options and rules for sale participation, but I don't know the details.

Fauvist ( ) posted Sun, 30 May 2021 at 10:04 AM

The Memorial weekend sale is all the SAME vendors that were already just on sale. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT! I won’t be looking at any of these vendors again for quite a while. They are way way overexposed. There’s no incentive to look at the sale.

PandaB5 ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2021 at 3:51 AM

The "store" sales are for top sellers and active vendors only - that's why you're seeing the same vendors over and over again. But then these vendors are the most important Vendors to Renderosity.

The group sales that are a specific theme - any of the vendors can participate in - that said, the majority of my products can't participate because the theme they're in never comes up - probably because my products are less mainstream.

It is a bit of a catch-22 - I no longer make content because what I made didn't sell enough to make it viable - that means I'm no longer an active vendor and can't promote what I made - which means there's no chance of my selling enough to make it viable for me to become an active vendor again...

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2021 at 9:53 AM
Online Now!

Thanks for the explanation, PandaB5 . It sounds like an unfortunate situation for you and other vendors. :(

FoulPet ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2021 at 1:12 AM

What a good vendor does is gets one good texture and makes minor changes in it. They get one good base body and make minor changes in it. Then they post 50 characters based off the base format. This formula has been working for years

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2021 at 2:33 PM

PandaB5 posted at 2:23PM Fri, 18 June 2021 - #4420250

It is a bit of a catch-22 - I no longer make content because what I made didn't sell enough to make it viable - that means I'm no longer an active vendor and can't promote what I made - which means there's no chance of my selling enough to make it viable for me to become an active vendor again...

Torquinox posted at 2:23PM Fri, 18 June 2021 - #4420264

Thanks for the explanation, PandaB5 . It sounds like an unfortunate situation for you and other vendors. :(

The reality is that if a vendor isn't "active" then those are the stores where you will see the same products with no new releases - hence inactive. If a vendor feels that they aren't being promoted because they aren't active they can add a product to the store, that will update their "active" status for awhile. The catch is though that without regular fresh content most vendors aren't going to earn enough to make it viable after a couple months.

If an active vendor isn't fitting into "niche" group sales there are sale options that they can take for promotions and sales - including making a request for a sale that the staff will consider based on other scheduled sales.

If you are seeing active vendors (those that have released products in the past several months) that aren't on sale that's due to their decision to not participate in the sales and not because Rendo doesn't give them the opportunity to do so.

I was a bit inactive for awhile due to caring for my mom and then the loss of my external drive with several products I was working on and so during that time I wasn't participating in sales as much once I began releasing again I was able to.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 18 June 2021 at 9:34 PM

@3-DArena - You have an amazing store here with very cute and fashionable outfits, I love the textures you use on your outfits.

Hope Mom is better. Have a great weekend!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2021 at 12:58 AM · edited Sat, 19 June 2021 at 1:04 AM

Don't stop creating, your products are wonderful, I'm a Poser guy but I'll often buy stuff from RMP as a gift for my friends here who use DaZ.

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 19 June 2021 at 9:06 AM
Online Now!

3-DArena posted at 8:59AM Sat, 19 June 2021 - #4421562

The reality is that if a vendor isn't "active" then those are the stores where you will see the same products with no new releases - hence inactive. If a vendor feels that they aren't being promoted because they aren't active they can add a product to the store, that will update their "active" status for awhile. The catch is though that without regular fresh content most vendors aren't going to earn enough to make it viable after a couple months.

If an active vendor isn't fitting into "niche" group sales there are sale options that they can take for promotions and sales - including making a request for a sale that the staff will consider based on other scheduled sales.

If you are seeing active vendors (those that have released products in the past several months) that aren't on sale that's due to their decision to not participate in the sales and not because Rendo doesn't give them the opportunity to do so.

I was a bit inactive for awhile due to caring for my mom and then the loss of my external drive with several products I was working on and so during that time I wasn't participating in sales as much once I began releasing again I was able to.

Thank you, 3-DArena. That makes sense and is good to know. I hope your mom is OK and that you didn't lose much work in the hard drive failure. I find, even with frequent backups, it's possible to lose stuff. It looks like you're back now, and that's good news :)

Disciple3d ( ) posted Sat, 26 June 2021 at 11:08 AM

If your a quality vendor here with a decent sized catalog of goods and feel like you aren't meeting your sales goals, I sincerely encourage you to always have something on a Prime Flash sale. You can set those up a month at a time in about 5 minutes.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.