Sun, Oct 6, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 3:44 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Setting HW horse as parent for Mil horse tack

Thorwald ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2021 at 8:35 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:23 PM

I have a Mil horse saddle I'm trying to put on the Hive Wire horse. Every time I try to set the horse as the parent for it Poser 11 executable stops and the program closes. I've tried picking different parts of the horse plus whole body, same with the saddle body and then individual parts, but always the same result, Poser crashes, This has always been a simple process before for me when kit bashing a scene, so very frustrating to have this show up now.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2021 at 8:51 AM

Is this actual content loaded from the Library? Have you tried using the OBJ for the saddle? How are you parenting the saddle to the HW Horse?

Thorwald ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2021 at 12:27 PM

Loading it directly from Figure Library within Poser. Its the Mil Horse Spine Bender set. The same thing happens with the bridle also. Good idea to load the OBJ I will give that a try tonight. After saddle is in scene and have it selected I go to Figure>Set Figure Parent>Object Parent Window, I choose Hive Wire Horse Body and then it all shuts down.

Thorwald ( ) posted Fri, 09 July 2021 at 12:41 PM

So something wrong with my scene, no idea what. Went back and loaded HW horse in new file scene added saddle with and without textures and it worked parenting to horse both times.Guess going to have to start over with this one. Thanks for your reply.

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2021 at 8:03 AM

"So something wrong with my scene, no idea what..."

IMHO, PP_11.3 has issues with its trash collection. Often, when I start Poser, I discover a bunch of quickie test-renders I'd given a glance then promptly deleted have re-appeared.

'Revenant Renders' !! Who have thought ??

I've had Poser simply 'fall over' after long sessions 'iterating' ambiance masks for 'super ambient' light sources, but not reproducibly...

Despite scouring manual, I've found no gauge for current texture stack size, nor documented way to 'force' trash collection...

{ Long, long ago and far, far away, wary Apple ][ Coders would include a 'memory boundary' command for its serendipitous affect of flushing stack & cache... }

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.