Mon, Jul 8, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 8:32 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Can you tell me how to make tank caterpillar morph?

smalll ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2021 at 6:35 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 7:49 AM

Hi. I want to make tank. So I need caterpillar morph. But I can not. Can you tell me how? Please...

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 12 July 2021 at 1:46 PM

I don't think you can do it with morphs smalll. I think it would need a chain of bones and something like cascading ERC (easy pose). I'm just guessing though.

noxiart ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2021 at 6:54 AM · edited Wed, 14 July 2021 at 6:59 AM

You need to create a morph that moves the track exactly one link forward. Then you create an ESC morph dial that repeats that morph.

Like so: ERC morph dial 0-1 = track morph goes from 0-1. ERC morph dial 1-2 = track morph goes from 0-1. ERC morph dial 2-3 = track morph goes from 0-1.

...and so on.

This creates the illusion of a track continuously moving, as the eyes can't see the track morph "snapping back". (Like with a movie where you won't notice the "stops" between the frames)

Slave this ERC dial to another ERC dial moving your tank forward as well as morphs rotating the boogie wheels and the sprocket, and your tank will actually "run".

Search on ShareCG for Vanishing Points JAGDPANTHER to see an example of this.

NikKelly ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2021 at 7:35 AM

Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.