Thu, Sep 19, 3:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: New Poser Release - 12.0.619

tim ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 7:12 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:14 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

The Poser Dev Team is pleased to announce that Poser 12.0.619 is available for download.

Download: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads Release Notes: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads/download/s3?filename=p12%2Fwin%2FRelease_Notes.txt

This is a free update for anyone with a Poser 12 license. Newsletter and release article will cover in more detail later today.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 9:10 AM

WOW, it's been so long since the last update, I was wondering if we would ever see one.

Thanks for letting us know Tim. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 9:41 AM

TY.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 10:41 AM

Woooow...

• The panels of the library keeping their place: check!
  • The material room is much, much smoother: check!
  • My own feeling: loads faster by itself and the scenes

Thank you so much!

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Poser 13 and soon 14ย โค๏ธ

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 1:46 PM

my anti virus really does not like Poser 12 updates. :)

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 1:48 PM

What antiviral software are you using?

Butterfly Dezignz

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 1:57 PM

Norton. its just a huge hassle to properly disable to allow install. Have to do it later when a have more time.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 2:08 PM

I am using eset, and I have to say that I never have any problems with Poser, same with malwarebytes...

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 3:25 PM

Microsoft Edge downloaded the files but I then got a massage stating ' install Poser 12 was blocked as I could harm your device'. Moving to Google Chrome allowed the download and install.

ย 

ย 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -ย  Ryzen 9ย 5900HX,ย with 64 gig ram and 3 TBย  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using anย AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .ย  ย The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 3:28 PM

WILL_I_AM posted at 3:25PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424524

Norton. its just a huge hassle to properly disable to allow install. Have to do it later when a have more time.

Many years ago I would install Norton on all my PCs but some years ago I found it was slowing down some high spec machines and I stopped using it. These days I use F-Secure SAFE as it is recommended my my broadband supplier and they seem to work well together.

ย 

ย 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -ย  Ryzen 9ย 5900HX,ย with 64 gig ram and 3 TBย  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using anย AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .ย  ย The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

WILL_I_AM ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 5:40 PM

hornet3d posted at 5:38PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424530

Microsoft Edge downloaded the files but I then got a massage stating ' install Poser 12 was blocked as I could harm your device'. Moving to Google Chrome allowed the download and install.

When that happens you can click the download button then the three dots and chose KEEP download anyways.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 6:04 PM

Thanks I did try that but all I received was two options, cancel and delete, looking again I see I have to click the show more and then the 'keep download anyway'. Thanks for that I will know next for the next time.

ย 

ย 

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 6:08 PM ยท edited Wed, 04 August 2021 at 6:09 PM

WILL_I_AM posted at 5:59PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424556

hornet3d posted at 5:38PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424530

When that happens you can click the download button then the three dots and chose KEEP download anyways.

But ... MS-Edge is right. Poser has some known security issues.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 10:39 AM

I got this message from Norton when trying to install on Windows: "Delete file failed; code 5." The install was trying to replace png files. I had to turn off my Norton Data Protector for 15 minutes to get the install to go through. After, I just turned Data Protector back on again. Never had this problem before, but it was easy to fix (so long as nothing horrible happened in that 15 minutes that I'll regret later!).

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB.ย 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 12:57 PM

I'm very happy to see the software updates, I'm returning to Poser after a few years (I had Poser 10 back then). I love the user interface and how the navigation tools work, it seems so intuitive. I'm actually happy that the interface did not change much. I found myself doing a lot of things without having to read the manual, that's what I value most in a software, the menu options make sense, well organized. I see some people in other sites complaining about Poser, but IMHO they go for that D@* thing just because it's free. Poser is just amazing.

EVargas.Art

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 1:18 PM

evargas posted at 1:17PM Thu, 05 August 2021 - #4424624

I'm very happy to see the software updates, I'm returning to Poser after a few years (I had Poser 10 back then). I love the user interface and how the navigation tools work, it seems so intuitive. I'm actually happy that the interface did not change much. I found myself doing a lot of things without having to read the manual, that's what I value most in a software, the menu options make sense, well organized. I see some people in other sites complaining about Poser, but IMHO they go for that D@* thing just because it's free. Poser is just amazing.

It's so nice to see such comments: thank you ?

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

sergio777 ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 3:07 PM

I installed the new Poser release I try to open a Poser file and was working fine, but when I enter the material room it crashes when loading textures. I'm not sure why but think it crashes when for some reason it cannot find or load a texture or something like that.

Has anyone else had this problem?

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 6:50 AM

I have created a few scenes and rendered them using Superfly and I have had no crashes so far, a few things seem faster like the parameter dials. Overall, so far at least, I can only find pluses and no negatives over the previous update.

ย 

ย 

ChromeStar ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 6:55 PM

The behavior in the material room is interesting. When I make a change, all the previews go black, and then show up one by one. It happens fairly quickly, faster than before, but it does seem like it is redoing some previews for nodes that didn't get any changes (even indirectly in upstream nodes). If it was a little smarter about which ones to update, that could speed things up even more. Also makes me wonder whether the whole thing would run faster with all the preview images closed.

Dream9Studios ( ) posted Fri, 06 August 2021 at 7:25 PM

I prefer to be a team player but... I had only two crashes since the beginning of July with almost continuous use until this new update. Just today alone I've had eleven crashes. All taking place when I was either in the material room, trying to slide the animation bar, or just switching from render window to preview window. Does Poser 12 create an error log or crash log that I could send to the devs? I'd rather be helpful than just a complainer.

EVargas ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2021 at 5:41 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 August 2021 at 5:43 AM

There's the log from log window, saved to "C:/Users/{USERNAME}/AppData/Local/Temp/Poser/12/Poser.log"

Source: Poser 12 Manual

EVargas.Art

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2021 at 9:54 AM

evargas posted at 9:53AM Sat, 07 August 2021 - #4424756

There's the log from log window, saved to "C:/Users/{USERNAME}/AppData/Local/Temp/Poser/12/Poser.log"

I've been in that folder before looking for the P12 RenderCache, which isn't situated there, but I never noticed the Poser.log file, so thanks for the heads up.

Butterfly Dezignz

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2021 at 11:44 AM

Miss B posted at 11:41AM Sat, 07 August 2021 - #4424763

evargas posted at 9:53AM Sat, 07 August 2021 - #4424756

I've been in that folder before looking for the P12 RenderCache, which isn't situated there, but I never noticed the Poser.log file, so thanks for the heads up.

Honestly, I really doesn't know where it comes from, and I may be wrong, but it looks like most of Poser's cache folders are located at a place pointed by the "temp_path" entry, in Poser.ini, located in that folder, precisely...

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2021 at 11:52 AM

Ok, there's an update I certainly missed, and I remark this only now:

2021-08-07_18h40_57.png

The direct manipulation tool is incredibly easier to use, compared to before, but when? lol

Honestly, I've tried it hard a few time before, and most of time I was gaving up, especially with the fingers. But now, wow ?

2021-08-07_18h50_48.png

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟย Nas 10TB

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2021 at 7:25 PM

I've never used the Direct Manipulation tool for moving body parts. I've only used it for moving props mostly. Today, in fact, I was beta testing a set which included a cane for each of a character's hands, and then had a "grip" set up in the Hands library to have the character actually grip it, but it wound up only 1/2 way in the character's hand, so I used the Direct Manipulation tool to slowly raise it fully into the hand, viewing it with the appropriate Hand Camera.

That's usually the type of movement I use that tool for. Thanks for the information though, as now I'm going to try and see if I could use it for moving fingers and such for posing.

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 August 2021 at 8:00 PM

Dream9Studios posted at 7:58PM Sat, 07 August 2021 - #4424738

I prefer to be a team player but... I had only two crashes since the beginning of July with almost continuous use until this new update. Just today alone I've had eleven crashes. All taking place when I was either in the material room, trying to slide the animation bar, or just switching from render window to preview window. Does Poser 12 create an error log or crash log that I could send to the devs? I'd rather be helpful than just a complainer.

Interesting. Someone else has said they had a similar problem. He said it was Firefly-related, FWIW. Going into the Material Room for Firefly caused the crashes.

I haven't had a chance to test it myself. Had some stuff on deadline, so have been using Poser 11. I hope to have some time to check out the new Poser 12 soon.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.