Mon, Jul 8, 6:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff, ashleyb, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 3:48 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: PzDB 1.3 by Rocketship3D

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2021 at 12:36 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 5:22 AM

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=72733

I purchased this product in August 2015 for my Poser Library and I've found this product to be exemplary.  In 2018, I needed to update and the vendor provided me with a patch.  Unfortunately, this year after upgrading to a new PC and therefore losing the program on my old pc, I was unable to load the software because the vendor is no longer support this product and there is no way to contact them.  

Yet, this product is still be featured in the Marketplace at Renderosity.    

To Renderosity Customer Support - Are you able to contact the vendor regarding their support of the product.

Thanks

shonsu

David

jennblake ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2021 at 1:34 PM

I will reach out to the vendor today to see what the situation is with this product. I will let you know what the response is as soon as possible. 

shonsu ( ) posted Fri, 15 October 2021 at 5:35 PM

Thank you

Rocketship3D ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2021 at 4:58 AM

Hi shonsu, please DM me your email address so I can send you a file.\

Thanks for using PzDB

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2021 at 4:24 PM

Greetings, Rocketship "Ben" 3D,

I would like to buy PzDB.  If ever I needed it, I need it now.  Using PP2014, though I also have P11 installed.

Your own website seems to be unable to accept payment.  What's the situation?

thanks,
Dave

Thalek ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2023 at 7:42 PM

I hate to summon the lightning and spark some life into a zombie topic, but this is the most recent one I can find, and it is faintly related to my current problem.  At least, to the extent that PzDB has abruptly stopped working for me.

Looking about the 'net for MS Access, I see hints that a Windows 10 update might be at fault.  PzDB runs, and lets me look at my database, do searches, drag and drop things in Poser as usual.  I can add and remove keywords from a character. What it won't let me do is update even a single record, let alone a catalog. When I try, it tells me that perhaps I didn't specify a database on the command line because it can't find it. Then it crashes and disappears.

I've done all the standard fixes and troubleshooting: use of the Compression/Repair program, backing up my files and  re-installing PzDB, formally uninstalling PzDB and re-installing it, formally uninstalling it, editing the registry to remove the entries, and re-installing it, and even installing it on a different hard drive. I've tried unsuccessfully to roll back the latest Windows update, and even, at one person's suggestion, tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 8.

I haven't heard from my friend at Rocketship for a few years, and I have exceeded my level of technical expertise, and all of the helpful suggestions he's made over the years.

Now it's time to ask everyone else, as I've exhausted my resources, and I'm developing tunnel vision, unable to think of new possibilities to try.

galaxiefilm ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2024 at 9:09 PM
Well, I guess we can cry all we want to in here -- but our questions have been met with no definitive answers and even outright avoidance!  It's been over two years since I placed my info request above and heard nothing back.

PzDB was obviously a great program that was getting even better and then -- BAM -- a brick wall!  Ben and Jenn here have been radio silent about it, and the product has disappeared.  Rocketship 3D's website is still up but pretty-much non functional.

In all fairness, trying to adapt to too many things changing may have been too overbearing for Ben to be constantly trying to keep up with.  From what I could tell, yes, Microsoft created issues with Win 10 AND with Access (once removing it from the pro Office suite and then returning it after public outcry).  PzDB did require Access and version compatibility and, I suspect, it was probably driving Ben nuts in trying to write patches to please everyone's setup.  Also, if any Python scripting was used, well, we know how *their* revisions changed (ie, ruined) a lot of things.   Ah yes, progress creates problems -- sigh.

It would, however, seem to me that if a 3rd-party database was necessary, something free and open source (like Libre Office's database) would now make a safer choice to re-build PzDB upon.

But, being left high & dry, I am now forced on my end to do *whatever* I have to do to so find a solution.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.