Sat, Sep 21, 3:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: out for a drive

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:31 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:51 PM

file_225223.JPG

I found these while out for a drive

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:31 AM

file_225224.JPG

pic2

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:32 AM

file_225225.JPG

pic3

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:33 AM

file_225226.JPG

pic4

RJH ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 12:34 AM

the digital is really starting to show its limits in these photos. These where taken from the other side of the street in front of this house.

billglaw ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 12:18 AM

You have some interesting neighbors! Pic 3 is where the digital camera does good/bad and it is a good shot. Is it the limitation of the equipment or our knowledge? I do not have definitive information on CCD sensitivity vs time. On film we could use the resiprocity curve and some emprically developed tables. Do CCD's have threshold value for light?

RJH ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 2:08 AM

I am not sure if there is a threshold value but I do know that on my digital there is no such thing as a Bulb setting. I think the longest setting I can get is 1/60. I guess I will have to fire up my Voitlander and try some low light shots with it. BTY how do you know, when using the bulb setting, how long to keep the lens open? Is it just a trial and error thing or what.

billglaw ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2001 at 9:14 PM

I'll look in my archives for low light photo guides. the magazines used to publish them when Tri x was a baby (1950's and 1960's). There are published curves of film and increase in density with exposure. As light decreases the density builds slowly. Working the film in that area allows you to pickup some increased detail without washing out the highlights. In combination with a system like the ZONE and developing techniques film can be very versatile. Bill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.